OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
My wife has mild asthma. Does that count? In my case, I have something that increases my risk of getting pneumonia 10x, but it's mostly controlled with medication.

I'm not trying to skip the line. There are 100s of empty slots available and I'm just trying to do what's right for my family.

Your reasons qualify from a moral point of view in my mind...go ahead and get that shot guilt-free.

Last edited:
Reactions: llamateizer

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
My wife has mild asthma. Does that count? In my case, I have something that increases my risk of getting pneumonia 10x, but it's mostly controlled with medication.

I'm not trying to skip the line. There are 100s of empty slots available and I'm just trying to do what's right for my family.

My brother has asthma, it's been under control for years, just has his ventolin pump that he uses whenever he needs. He got his shot saturday.

Just get it mate. We are at a point where every one needs their shot. The really most vulnerable got theirs, likewise for essential workers, call to get yours mate.

Reactions: WinterLion

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Your reasons qualify from a moral point of view in my mind...go ahead and get that shot guilt-free.

I also do have a condition that qualifies me to get it. I have aspirated in my sleep countless times. Not since I had surgery, mind you, but any time I have mucus from a cold or allergies I choke very easily.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
My brother has asthma, it's been under control for years, just has his ventolin pump that he uses whenever he needs. He got his shot saturday.

Just get it mate. We are at a point where every one needs their shot. The really most vulnerable got theirs, likewise for essential workers, call to get yours mate.

In 13 years I have never seen my wife use a pump. Her asthma hasn't been an issue since her teens. She wants to wait till Friday when it's officially her turn, but she is glad I am getting it now so we can stagger it in case we have side effects. Someone needs to watch the kid.

Reactions: Lshap

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Your choice. Myself, I'm sick of wearing masks, social distancing and staying home all the time. I can't imagine wilfully choosing to continue doing this.
Life is 95% back to normal in Texas. Walked into a restaurant yesterday wall to wall people. No mask mandate and cases are down. I think alot of it has to do with folks getting vaccinated. I am not a fan of getting the vaccine but I got it a month ago.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I really hope Canada adopts the use of a Covid Passport. I know as of a couple weeks ago they were looking into it. If you aren't vaccinated, your privileges should get minimized until herd immunity is reached across Canada and worldwide.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Life is 95% back to normal in Texas. Walked into a restaurant yesterday wall to wall people. No mask mandate and cases are down. I think alot of it has to do with folks getting vaccinated. I am not a fan of getting the vaccine but I got it a month ago.
Seasons, too. We reopened with minimal measures last summer and things were great until fall.

Reactions: llamateizer

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

I see it as a social contract, everyone has to do their part. There are some people, a small minority, who won't be able to get vaccinated due to rare health conditions. And young children won't either, so herd immunity is going to be really important for them. Those who can get the vaccine and refuse, but still expect to benefit from herd immunity, well, I'm going to see them as freeloading parasites. And I'm not the only one. They are holding us all back. Glad you did your part.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The vaccine clearly has had a beneficial impact. The last numbers I saw here in the USA is 38 percent of people have natural immunity and combine that with the vaccination roll out and we have a degree of herd immunity. Deaths and hospitalizations are way down, at my large hospital we only have a few COVID patients now (just months ago we had around 200). Covid will now be like a nuisance more than anything. The fact that some states /countries are locked down and hurting people in other ways (economics/depression/suicide/drugs/alcohol) .Do they want to achieve perfection before they release their grip on people? I cant believe when people allow themselves to be controlled to this degree. Texas and Florida are examples of how to do it right, along with Arizona here. We are living normally now pretty much.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I really hope Canada adopts the use of a Covid Passport. I know as of a couple weeks ago they were looking into it. If you aren't vaccinated, your privileges should get minimized until herd immunity is reached across Canada and worldwide.
In a personal point of view. I do agree with that.
but in a social point of view, we don't need to implement this.

It has to be a positive not restrictive.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Under 800 new cases. Hopefully this is the starting of the end.

giphy.gif

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The vaccine clearly has had a beneficial impact. The last numbers I saw here in the USA is 38 percent of people have natural immunity and combine that with the vaccination roll out and we have a degree of herd immunity. Deaths and hospitalizations are way down, at my large hospital we only have a few COVID patients now (just months ago we had around 200). Covid will now be like a nuisance more than anything. The fact that some states /countries are locked down and hurting people in other ways (economics/depression/suicide/drugs/alcohol) .Do they want to achieve perfection before they release their grip on people? I cant believe when people allow themselves to be controlled to this degree. Texas and Florida are examples of how to do it right, along with Arizona here. We are living normally now pretty much.
Texas and Florida were in denial of the problem last year and became total shitshows. They're not a model anyone should follow. I'm glad the vaccine has solved the problem, but it's despite how they were governed, not because of it.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Don't get me wrong, not trying to be funny or anything, but are the death technically counted in the drop of intensive care patients? Lot of time we see 4-5 deaths and + 8 for example in ICU, I assume most of the death ARE in intensive care.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Don't get me wrong, not trying to be funny or anything, but are the death technically counted in the drop of intensive care patients? Lot of time we see 4-5 deaths and + 8 for example in ICU, I assume most of the death ARE in intensive care.

people who are aged 80+ aren't induced in ICU anymore. (not sure about the age).

you can assume 60- deaths were in ICU
40-49: 1
60-69: 3
70-79: 1
80-89: 1
90+ : 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad