OT: Covid-19 (Part 31) Alone Again... (Warning post#787)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

The guy in the first video asked why they would look for place to quarantine people if it was a virus, like if quarantining was for anything else than for a disease. The word literally comes from the practice of isolating ships that came from infected ports for 40 days.
History of Quarantine | Quarantine | CDC.
The practice of quarantine, as we know it, began during the 14th century in an effort to protect coastal cities from plague epidemics. Ships arriving in Venice from infected ports were required to sit at anchor for 40 days before landing. This practice, called quarantine, was derived from the Italian words quaranta giorni which mean 40 days.

Reactions: King Makar19

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Daaaamn, thats how a misinformation/propaganda video works.

The connection between Arruda and the rest is so crazy.

Arruda wears a pin
that pin is for WHO sustainable development (agenda 21)
WHO is governed by Tedrios
Tedrios was with TPLF party
TPLF was merged with MLLT
MLLT did carnages
Arruda is trying to implement sustainable development in Quebec
Who sustainable dev are encouraging vaccinces
vaccines are encouraged by Gates
Gates handles the Gates and melinda organisation
Gates and Melinda organisation financed a vaccine against tetanos in kenya that sterilised women
who wants to reduce the population
agenda 21 want to reduce the population

Gates was seen with Epstein. Separately they arent wrong, but the connections and the message behind it is despicable

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You're asking the right questions. We'd better be on top of these developments or we're destined to follow. Quick notes on France:

- France was late to increase testing capacity. A tiny % of the population downloaded their tracing app.
- They have only now started to close bars and gyms, impose curfews on restaurants, and limit classroom size.

Some places in France, like Marseille did closed all their bars and restaurants on September 26th.
Many cities followed around October 5th. The cases back then were around 12,000.
Still wasn't enough.....and now the curfew. I just hope we don't get there.

But you are right about testing but then I watch the UK who are testing a lot more and still, their cases also are going up.
As for France, I hope their measures will start showing some results cause everything is going up.

And what's more troubling is that it's in pretty much every country in these part of the world

Czechia, Belgium, Spain, Neatherland, Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Switzerland, UK, Portugal, Russia.....they all see a huge spike at this moment and not one of them showed sign of slowing down.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Daaaamn, thats how a misinformation/propaganda video works.

The connection between Arruda and the rest is so crazy.

Arruda wears a pin
that pin is for WHO sustainable development (agenda 21)
WHO is governed by Tedrios
Tedrios was with TPLF party
TPLF was merged with MLLT
MLLT did carnages
Arruda is trying to implement sustainable development in Quebec
Who sustainable dev are encouraging vaccinces
vaccines are encouraged by Gates
Gates handles the Gates and melinda organisation
Gates and Melinda organisation financed a vaccine against tetanos in kenya that sterilised women
who wants to reduce the population
agenda 21 want to reduce the population

Gates was seen with Epstein. Separately they arent wrong, but the connections and the message behind it is despicable

Also, the tetanus vaccine sterilizing woman is a lie.
Why does an old, false claim about tetanus vaccine safety refuse to die?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
December might be for emergency use. Might being the key word.

The potential vaccine will not be widely available to the population until at least Q2-2021.
They are calling it different in the US

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
No we won't. Earliest is spring.

Some places in France, like Marseille did closed all their bars and restaurants on September 26th.
Many cities followed around October 5th. The cases back then were around 12,000.

But you are right about testing but then I watch the UK who are testing a lot more and still, their cases also are going up.
As for France, I hope their measures will start showing some results cause everything is going up.

And what's more troubling is that it's in pretty much every country in these part of the world

Czechia, Belgium, Spain, Neatherland, Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Switzerland, UK, Portugal, Russia.....they all see a huge spike at this moment and not one of them showed sign of slowing down.

December might be for emergency use. Might being the key word.

The potential vaccine will not be widely available to the population until at least Q2-2021.

How’s China doing?

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Fauci’s original timeframe is still the most likely.
The vaccine would be widely available between March and June 2021.
Azar, the health secretary, is claiming that all Americans will be vaccinated by early April 2021.

In Canada, the best case scenario will be that everyone is vaccinated by July 1st. And that is if we can get the sufficient amount of the vaccine required for everyone.

China has like 12 new cases a day. They shutdown the hotspots and traced and isolated everyone that could have been infected, so they put out the first wave.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
How’s China doing?

Azar, the health secretary, is claiming that all Americans will be vaccinated by early April 2021.

In Canada, the best case scenario will be that everyone is vaccinated by July 1st. And that is if we can get the sufficient amount of the vaccine required for everyone.

China has like 12 new cases a day. They shutdown the hotspots and traced and isolated everyone that could have been infected, so they put out the first wave.

China's Covid success compared to Europe shows lockdowns are the first step, not a solution - CNN

Although I'm still skeptic about China's final number (not dramatically, but would not be surprised if it was 50% higher or something due to under-counting at the start), it's pretty clear their strict measure and extensive tracing bore fruit.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

China has 12 new cases a day? LMFAO

Reactions: ArtPeur

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That’s not what is being projected
Not meant to share this but I know the person overseeing the clinical trials in all of canada for the vaccine. She told me yesterday actually that it would be for Spring at the earliest.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
China has 12 new cases a day? LMFAO

They have been in the 10-20 range since mid-august.

Taiwan with a population of 23-ish million have around 2 cases a day. Same thing for Vietnam (over 90 million).

Thailand is at around 10 cases (pop 69 million).

Korea is at around 80 cases a day (over 50 million pop), Japan is at 500 (126 million pop in a very dense country).

East mainland Asia (and Japan+Taiwan) is doing a lot better than America and Europe. Factors include mask use and respect of government measures (whether by force or by civil obedience).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
With the recent corruption of recently removed prime minister Philippe Couillard and before that, Jean charest (Pauline Marois was there too shortly to have any "impact") it's good to keep these guys acountable. If that's the game they're playing, that is at least put to light.

What has corruption to do with any of this new world order stuff?

Reactions: ourobouros

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Not meant to share this but I know the person overseeing the clinical trials in all of canada for the vaccine. She told me yesterday actually that it would be for Spring at the earliest.
That’s Canada not the US. Your medicine is socialized and lacks true research. Like the military gear you have to purchase from the US.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
That’s Canada not the US. Your medicine is socialized and lacks true research. Like the military gear you have to purchase from the US.

Colt Canada C8 Carbine | Military-Today.com

Untrue, GTFO. Are you in the military? US military? Deal much with us? On EX or via desk work? NIPO? FMS cases?

The C6, C7 and C8 are made in Canada. That's the basics. GD Canada is all over Army gear.

Ships? Come again? Look at what we're doing now.

As for aircraft, find me a single configuration that is the exact same as a USAF or USMC counterpart. Go ahead. :laugh:

...they're all Canadian-unique via Canadian-imposed design changes. We don't take your shit as-is, old man.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Here you go: FDA says there is no timeline for a Covid-19 vaccine, but the goal is spring

And for the record we purchase military gears from all over the world. It have nothing to do with "true research" but everything to do with development costs that wouldn't be absorbed by our own needs, you just don't start a new project from the ground up just because you need 30 tanks, you just buy 30 M1/Leopard2/K2/whatever because it's cheaper that way.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Here you go: FDA says there is no timeline for a Covid-19 vaccine, but the goal is spring

And for the record we purchase military gears from all over the world. It have nothing to do with "true research" but everything to do with development costs that wouldn't be absorbed by our own needs, you just don't start a new project from the ground up just because you need 30 tanks, you just buy 30 M1/Leopard2/K2/whatever because it's cheaper that way.

From a technological capability/advancement point of view, it's certainly not that we can't.

In an era where we did our own thing, the US pushed NORAD along with the cancellation of the Arrow and 15,000+ people lost their job at Avro Canada.

Avro was top 3 in aerospace in the 50's and had an airliner model ready to go. Sputnik happened, Diefenbaker happened, the rest is history.

We're still smart though. Guys in JTF2 will optimize the living crap out of any US / int'l weapon and further weaponize it, seen here on a chart capturing American sniper breeding grounds... that TAC-50 wasn't stock.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
From a technological capability/advancement point of view, it's certainly not that we can't.

In an era where we did our own thing, the US pushed NORAD along with the cancellation of the Arrow and 15,000+ people lost their job at Avro Canada.

Avro was top 3 in aerospace in the 50's and had an airliner model ready to go. Sputnik happened, Diefenbaker happened, the rest is history.

We're still smart though. Guys in JTF2 will optimize the living crap out of any US / int'l weapon and further weaponize it, seen here on a chart capturing American sniper breeding grounds... that TAC-50 wasn't stock.

Well I never said that.
If we go back to the tank example; if we were to develop and produce our own tank each unit would end up costing something like 20 millions a piece due to low production needs, which would be a pretty stupid thing to do since you can buy a perfectly good tank for a fraction of that price.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

crazy shot when you think about it

And to add on what you said, Canada was a top country in Aerospace after WWII and we arguably had the best pilots too. They even chose Montreal for the International Civil Aviation Organization. We could have be so much better

: (

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Well I never said that.
If we go back to the tank example; if we were to develop and produce our own tank each unit would end up costing something like 20 millions a piece due to low production needs, which would be a pretty stupid thing to do since you can buy a perfectly good tank for a fraction of that price.
Careful, talking about tanks is frowned upon here. :sarcasm:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Well I never said that.

I was agreeing with you and supporting the development vs mass production argument. We have to go back to the 50's for a top dog story.

All the space projects have in house options that typically get canned by TB. Building a LEO constellation to provide our users with in house SATCOM would cost 20 to 40 times more than paying into a service agreement with partner nations for the same service.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Off subject a bit, but it fits in with our new Covid world...I just received a Veterans Canada mask in the mail from Harvest Medical, where my "weed doctor" renews my medicinal marijuana prescription for Veterans Affairs Canada...was quite the nice surprise...:thumbu:

Now that it is legal in Canada is it cheaper if you have a medical marijuana card/prescription?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad