OT: Covid-19 (Part 31) Alone Again... (Warning post#787)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Also in the 20k or whatever, you have people who are testing multiple times to get that negative result, given they work in a sector that has to have a negative result. They aren't transparent with how many of those are counted in the total number.

So I find it far easier to follow what I know, which is a simple formula of daily positive/positive+negative. Is it perfect, absolutely not, but its far more indicative then taking positive/total number of tests done
As long as you applied this from back in April I guess.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
What are all the possible states a test (since one is taken) can be at any given moment?

Pending, being analyzed, under investigation (how is that different from being analyzed?).
Positive, negative,, invalid, inconclusive.

Anything else I'm missing?

Honest question I've been pondering.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What are all the possible states a test (since one is taken) can be at any given moment?

Pending, being analyzed, under investigation (how is that different from being analyzed?).
Positive, negative,, invalid, inconclusive.

Anything else I'm missing?

Honest question I've been pondering.

Retest of a previously positive or negative person?

Reactions: GoodKiwi

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
You can test 100,000 people, but if you only have 10k results a day, and 1000 of those results are positive, it's 10%. Thats my take, look for yourself.

Didn't realize there was an investigated per day column. Makes sense now.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Was that also called Biddle's Jazz and ribs? as in Charlie Biddle and Oliver Jones fame?
Yeah, same location on Aylmer and same jazz vibe. Not sure if ownership was still connected to the Biddle family. Back in Charlie's day, it specialized in ribs. House of Jazz's menu was more boutique, not cheap, but it was such a great place to sit and listen to music I didn't care.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
crap

EU set to add COVID restrictions on travellers from Canada

The 27 EU ambassadors meeting on Wednesday expressed concern about the increasing number of COVID cases in Canada.

The proposal to take Canada off the EU list of safe countries will also include removal of Tunisia, and Georgia for the same reason.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
What I find interesting? Is that the Western World will have a vaccine by December...

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Didn't realize there was an investigated per day column. Makes sense now.

the spreadsheet was originally created by @llamateizer and I have been modding it and updating it. Since we used to have an “under investigation” on the insp site, we always had a good idea of total test on a day, but we also knew tests results at the time took 48,72,96... hrs to get the result. So he made a column that is pretty natural which was positive/total number of concluded cases. And here we are almost 8 months later plugging away...

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Do people prefer this format for regional cases/deaths? Abbreviated region name up top suck (hence the legend at the bottom), but that was the only way yo fit all 20 regions on the screen. The terminal in SF automatically wraps after 120 AFAIR. Let me know your thoughts whether I should keep the old or the new version of this.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 10.55.18 PM.png

Last edited:

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Do people prefer this format for regional cases/deaths? Abbreviated region name up top suck (hence the legend at the bottom), but that was the only way yo fit all 20 regions on the screen. The terminal in SF automatically wraps after 120 AFAIR. Let me know your thoughts whether I should keep the old or the new version of this.

View attachment 373830

For me it's really interesting to see all the data
I like this.

i'd let down a few columns to make it less heavy (less than 200)

Reactions: GoodKiwi

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't know what the f*** is going on in France or in Europe in general, but their numbers are starting to climb a lot in the past weeks. I also don't know if our numbers will explode like theirs and if we're doing something different to prevent that........but it's not looking good for them.

UK and Spain added more than 20,000 new cases today
Italy (who was around 2,000 for a couple weeks in the beginning of October) added 16,000

Of course, Deaths and hospitalization was gone way up.....Death are 10x what they were a couple of weeks ago.

Let's hope it's not what's coming our way....

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I don't know what the f*** is going on in France or in Europe in general, but their numbers are starting to climb a lot in the past weeks. I also don't know if our numbers will explode like theirs and if we're doing something different to prevent that........but it's not looking good for them.

UK and Spain added more than 20,000 new cases today
Italy (who was around 2,000 for a couple weeks in the beginning of October) added 16,000

Of course, Deaths and hospitalization was gone way up.....Death are 10x what they were a couple of weeks ago.

Let's hope it's not what's coming our way....

You're asking the right questions. We'd better be on top of these developments or we're destined to follow. Quick notes on France:

- France was late to increase testing capacity. A tiny % of the population downloaded their tracing app.
- They have only now started to close bars and gyms, impose curfews on restaurants, and limit classroom size.

Reactions: Milhouse40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad