OT: Covid-19 (Part 28) Stop Making Sense (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
Well after 102 days of having no community transmission its happened... an Auckland family has caught covid. Investigations going on trying to trace it, but once again Jacinda is doing what she does - no mucking around.

Auckland, our biggest city where about a third of the entire population live, has gone to level 3 of 4 - basically shut down unless an essential service, no bars ect. Rest of the country is moved to level 2 - social distancing, no mass gatherings. Schools open for us. Next update to come in 3 days.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Well after 102 days of having no community transmission its happened... an Auckland family has caught covid. Investigations going on trying to trace it, but once again Jacinda is doing what she does - no mucking around.

Auckland, our biggest city where about a third of the entire population live, has gone to level 3 of 4 - basically shut down unless an essential service, no bars ect. Rest of the country is moved to level 2 - social distancing, no mass gatherings. Schools open for us. Next update to come in 3 days.
Hopefully caught it in time, here in Australia everyone dropped their guard when numbers went to almost nil so the 2nd wave has dwarfed the 1st, thankfully almost all confined to Victoria. Good luck

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Another example...

I live in a residential area in Montreal, but there is not much here in terms of wildlife. Some squirrels, normal city birds, maybe a rabbit or skunk but that's about it.

Well, due to the increased flooding in Quebec, some wildlife has been getting pushed into the city last summer a pack of wild turkeys moved into my neighborhood. It was a big problem because they are aggressive and actually pretty dangerous, big birds with huge claws. City had to come get them. Obviously turkeys are benign for the most part but when new animals get pushed into the city and into closer proximity with humans, you never know what could happen.

Plenty of communities in Northern Canada have been having polar bears come into their towns because of climate issues.
What do we do if we are in front of a bipolar polar bear?

Reactions: waffledave

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Wouldnt be surprised they rushed this by testing it on prisoners.

They started phase 3 last week. They are rushing a barely tested vaccine with unproven efficacy on the Russian population.

Professor Alexander Gintsburg, head of the Gamaleya Institute that developed the vaccine, said that vaccination will start while the Phase 3 trials continue. He said that initially there will be only enough doses to conduct vaccination in 10-15 of Russia's 85 regions, according to the Interfax news agency.
Russian officials have said that large-scale production of the vaccine will start in September, and mass vaccination may begin as early as October.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If ever I'm in front of a polar bear, I'm wondering in which club did I end up exactly, before promptly leaving that place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here is the Swedish version, my uncle who was big into hunting had several of these (one at the time though) for hunting moose, very interesting dogs. They are very closely related to each other these Swedish/Norwegian dogs. One needs to be very dominating to have these dogs or they can take over.

Swedish Elkhound Dog Breed | Information | Characteristics

Swedish-Elkhound.jpg

I've chosen to answer the above post by adding it to this thread so that we don't derail hockey-dedicated threads.

Was wondering if you could provide an update on that tri-pawed dog you took in? How is it working out? Have you named him/her?

Last edited:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I've chosen to answer the above post by adding it to this thread so that we don't derail hockey-dedicated threads.

Was wondering if you could provide an update on that tri-pawed dog you took in? How is it working out? Have you named him/her?

She was gone when I applied. I have adopted another dog that was on death row in Texas (they have kill shelters in TX so they rescue dogs and send them to other states). His name is Cactus Jack, he's a 6 year old shepherd mix. He's good with dogs, kittens and children. I got approved yesterday, will pay 400 and they will ship him on around September 15th.

20200614115105.jpg

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Nice to see new cases < 100 for a 2nd day in a row... lots of new deaths however.

Le gouvernement précise que 10 de ces décès supplémentaires sont survenus ce printemps à la résidence pour aînés Place Kensington, dans l'Ouest-de-l'Île-de-Montréal, mais n'avaient pas été comptabilisés, en « raison de délais de transmission ».

Reactions: DavePeak and Le CH

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Trini Lopez (If I had a hammer) passed away from Covid yesterday.

I read that too fast. I thought the parentheses said, "I had a hamster." :D

Jeez, how hard were hammers to come by in 1963? Song had quite track record with several artists covering it. Had not realized it was that old.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I read that too fast. I thought the parentheses said, "I had a hamster." :D

Jeez, how hard were hammers to come by in 1963? Song had quite track record with several artists covering it. Had not realized it was that old.

LOL. If I had a hamster, I hamster in the morning!!

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad