OT: Covid-19 (Part 28) Stop Making Sense (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
So in Quebec, cases have gone up. But if I'm not mistaken, this time, it's not Montreal as the hotbed, right? Because looking at Montreal's numbers, they're not going up.

Also, over 26,000 tests done on the 9th. I think that is the most tests done in one day, if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure where the cases are, but from what @GoodKiwi is showing, its not Montreal.

Also the bump is now higher than it was back in the end of July. The graph below plots the number of cases over a 2 week span (sept 11, 2020 represents aug 29 to sept 11 numbers)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ve been working from home since around 2008. In my day to day, actually I don’t see much difference other than my team meetings now have all team members online (rather than most in the office and a few of us remote). I am lucky though and my company has always embraced work@home and already have the infrastructure.

Your cars over the years must have had low mileage. That's a neat little perk not having to be in traffic and wasting so much time on the road.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
The disastrous forest fires off the US west coast is making its mark in British Columbia

Very hazy this morning, and you can smell the smoke in the air. It can't be good for your lungs to outside today in these parts.

They said on the news this morning that the worst air in the world is here now.

Reactions: Runner77

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Good news, I went to the FB page of the rescue organization and they are on their way from WA state, I already saw picks of dogs that were delivered in Washington today. In about 3 hours I will know. :)

Edit, just got a text, they will be here around 2 PM :)

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
My bed is now his bed. :)
Cactus Jack.jpg

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Congratulations! Doggo looks great.

How about your towel? Is that his too? :sarcasm:

I can only smell smoke currently, it's like nuclear winter. It was supposed to be in the 90s today but I don't think it went above 72 with all the smoke. It looks like the fog or whatever that TV movie based on a Stephen King book was called.

Edit: It is called The mist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I can only smell smoke currently, it's like nuclear winter. It was supposed to be in the 90s today but I don't think it went above 72 with all the smoke. It looks like the fog or whatever that TV movie based on a Stephen King book was called.

Good movie, great ending. Nice dog, looks relieved now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

You gotta be real careful with that smoke.

I don't know how strong the correlation is between Covid and smoke but apparently, there is one:

There’s also the concern that the air quality, which ranked the worst in the world in Northern California on Wednesday, could make coronavirus symptoms worse. Research from the spring found that patients in areas with high levels of air pollution were more likely to die from the infection than those in less polluted areas.

Hopefully, your AC can run, uninterrupted, which is not the case in several areas of California subject to fires right now:

Kena Hudson’s 7-year-old son Clarence has asthma that’s sometimes landed him in the hospital. Typically, when wildfire season starts in Northern California, he’ll stay indoors but continue to see friends and attend school.

This year, a record spell of wildfires is blanketing much of the state in smoke. Facing a dual threat of reduced air quality coupled with a coronavirus pandemic, Clarence will have to stay indoors around-the-clock.

“We’re in a pandemic and a heat wave, and we don’t have air conditioning,” said Hudson, who’s based in Oakland, where temperatures are usually mild. “We can’t open up the window, we’re trapped, we’re hot and no one can come over to play.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Good news, I went to the FB page of the rescue organization and they are on their way from WA state, I already saw picks of dogs that were delivered in Washington today. In about 3 hours I will know. :)

Edit, just got a text, they will be here around 2 PM :)
I can't believe what's happening...It's insane. At this rate, half the US will burn down in a few years. They are already at 26x more burnt acres than the same time last year. How is this not the US main concern?
Holy crap.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I can't believe what's happening...It's insane. At this rate, half the US will burn down in a few years. They are already at 26x more burnt acres than the same time last year. How is this not the US main concern?
Holy crap.

It's burning in the wrong states for the Orange to bother about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad