OT: Covid-19 (Part 26) Be our guest (Read first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
(MOD)
Sweden: 37 dead 1,241 infected.
Still high numbers (thanks for updating the info). How is the population feeling about this at the moment?

Quebec (July 1st)

- 7 new deaths (+17 deaths from June 23rd) = 24 total
- 66 new cases
- 13 less hospitalizations
- 5 less in ICU
Hopefully we'll keep low numbers, it's scary to see what's happening south of the border.

Anyone got tested lately? Does it still takes quite a while to get results? (Except if you're a pro sports player)

Last edited by a moderator:

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Still high numbers (thanks for updating the info). How is the population feeling about this at the moment?

Hopefully we'll keep low numbers, it's scary to see what's happening south of the border.

Anyone got tested lately? Does it still takes quite a while to get results? (Except if you're a pro sports player)
Got tested 3 weeks ago and had the results e-mailed to me within 24 hours...

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The number of daily infections is not that important imo, it’s whether or not there is a peak in hospitalizations causing them to be overrun.

The more ppl infected, the better imo.

Reactions: llamateizer

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/karen

But basically, it is now widely known online that Karen is 45, has a short haircut and wants to speak to your manager. Probably anti-vax too. Wouldn't say it's a racial slur, more a general stereotype. Not really about skin color (though it is true that it is often associated with a white woman, but it doesn't have to), more about personality.

The only real-named Karen I met in my life was a super sweet and nice coworker that everyone loved. Huh.

I got tested in May and received my results about 48 hours later. My mom, who works in a Covid unit as a healthcare professional, received her test results 24 hours later.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The number of daily infections is not that important imo, it’s whether or not there is a peak in hospitalizations causing them to be overrun.

The more ppl infected, the better imo.

You're right for the hospitalization…..but it's a given that more people gets it, more people will get to the hospitals.

The more people infected, the more people they will infect and so on and eventually, like many states in the US, they have close things down again which in return, hurt the economy and a lot of business owners and their employees.

And then, it was allright in Arizona 2 weeks ago, now they are getting ready to make the tough decision.
Who gets help first…..

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
And according to Worldometer, the US added 51,097 new cases making it the worst day of the Pandemic so far in the US.
Remember that only 2 weeks ago, they were adding between 18,000 to 23,000 a day only.

Wondering where they will be 2 weeks from now….

Reactions: llamateizer

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
You're right for the hospitalization…..but it's a given that more people gets it, more people will get to the hospitals.

The more people infected, the more people they will infect and so on and eventually, like many states in the US, they have close things down again which in return, hurt the economy and a lot of business owners and their employees.

And then, it was allright in Arizona 2 weeks ago, now they are getting ready to make the tough decision.
Who gets help first…..

Wow

That's really sad.

Florida is around 17% ICU capacity available
They were around 23% last week

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Who gets help first…..

Crazy... this is the kind of thing right wingers claim will happen under a universal healthcare system.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I went out to pick up a faster cable modem that I ordered a week ago and next door is a grocery store so I thought I would get some groceries as well. I forgot my mask and from today masks are mandatory although I would not have gone into a grocery store without mask anyway. I will put an extra mask in my car if this happen again.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Interestingly enough, the ten plagues seem to be related to Crete (Thera) blowing up around 1350 BC

The stories from the old testament were likely told prior to the date you mentioned, but possibly only collected into a Bible at around that very time.

Bibles stories are parables with religious morality attached, and not without a healthy dose of exaggeration.

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The stories from the old testament were likely told prior to the date you mentioned, but possibly only collected into a Bible at around that very time.

Bibles stories are parables with religious morality attached, and not without a healthy dose of exaggeration.
All they wrote about was different ways to get wine. Bunch of drunk dudes making up shit. "I tell you I saw a man walk on water" Write that down, that's a good start. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad