OT: Covid-19 (Part 26) Be our guest (Read first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
They just don't care. Even from a non-health perspective, they will destroy the economy so bad the longer this goes and send everyone into a major recession.
I was wondering when someone was going to call out WHO and the Chinese Government. Thanks! They didn’t care and it looks like they still don’t.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Situation of the coronavirus  COVID-19  in Quebec    Government of Quebec.png

Reactions: llamateizer

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Montreal (June 30)

- CASES -
June 23: 27,074
June 24: 27,093 (+19)
June 25: 27,149 (+56)

June 30: 27,299 (+150 since Thursday, the 25th)

- DEATHS -
June 23: 3,331
June 24: 3,339 (+8)
June 25: 3,342 (+3)

June 30: 3,376 (+34 since Thursday, the 25th)

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
We have been seeing great numbers, especially in the last two weeks. I really wonder if the heat wave and more people outside, affects the infection rate.

At this rate, there will be no new cases and no one in ICU by mid-July.

I don't think we'd reach 0 cases or 0 hospitalized in a day until the end of the year.
ICU, I believe it's possible

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We have been seeing great numbers, especially in the last two weeks. I really wonder if the heat wave and more people outside, affects the infection rate.

At this rate, there will be no new cases and no one in ICU by mid-July.

25 cases per day for the last week is great great news.

It's all looking very good. It is encouraging.

I just hope that with everything re-opening, it won't get bad again. I expect it to go back up, but I hope not to where we were in April. I think we have more commons sense here than in the States, but seeing how in many cities/states, they're closing down bars and restaurants that have been open for two weeks only, I hope it doesn't get to that over here, as well.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
It's all looking very good. It is encouraging.

I just hope that with everything re-opening, it won't get bad again. I expect it to go back up, but I hope not to where we were in April. I think we have more commons sense here than in the States, but seeing how in many cities/states, they're closing down bars and restaurants that have been open for two weeks only, I hope it doesn't get to that over here, as well.

Again, if we can manage the long-term care homes better for the second wave and have a vaccine out by early-mid 2021, Quebec might have already seen the worse of the pandemic.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
No faith in the company but $INO just released their phase 1 data and it was positive. But in true Inovio fashion, they released spotty info and it didn't inspire much confidence.

That being said, I bought this stock at $7 and sold it today at $29. Can't really complain about that!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Again, if we can manage the long-term care homes better for the second wave and have a vaccine out by early-mid 2021, Quebec might have already seen the worse of the pandemic.

For deaths, yes. Managing the CHSLD's is paramount.

For cases, it may rise again. Because the most infected have been from the 30-50 age range. And they'd be the ones going out most.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
For deaths, yes. Managing the CHSLD's is paramount.

For cases, it may rise again. Because the most infected have been from the 30-50 age range. And they'd be the ones going out most.

Agreed. Montreal has been opening for the past month now and the cases are at an all-time low. I hope we keep doing what we are doing.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Agreed. Montreal has been opening for the past month now and the cases are at an all-time low. I hope we keep doing what we are doing.

It's the restaurants and bars that opened last week that are the openings I'm most curious to see if that will have an effect.

Reactions: Lshap

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I was at the hospital this morning. They asked me where I was going, did I have any symptoms, got a shot of hand sanitizer and that was it. No mask needed. Besides employees and nurses, not many were wearing masks. Same thing last week at the CLSC. I will probably have to drive into Montreal soon. I'm not looking forward to that. Between the Corona and road construction, I'm not sure which worries me more. :laugh:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I was at the hospital this morning. They asked me where I was going, did I have any symptoms, got a shot of hand sanitizer and that was it. No mask needed. Besides employees and nurses, not many were wearing masks. Same thing last week at the CLSC. I will probably have to drive into Montreal soon. I'm not looking forward to that. Between the Corona and road construction, I'm not sure which worries me more. :laugh:

Well you can wear gloves and mask but driving on those excuse for roads:eek:

Years ago was driving some friends from NZ around and first time he brought his wife and she asked me why they construct the roads like this.:laugh:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
You have a weird definition of not caring.
Was it the “non-commutable spread” or “Bat soup” that has you calling my account as “weird”? What’s “weird” or alarming? There is a chemical/biological weapons facility right outside of Wuhan. Never mind about that...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Was it the “non-commutable spread” or “Bat soup” that has you calling my account as “weird”? What’s “weird” or alarming? There is a chemical/biological weapons facility right outside of Wuhan. Never mind about that...

The fact you call the Wuhan research lab a biological weapons facility is alarming but not surprising considering your views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad