OT: Covid-19 (Part 24) Reunited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Restaurants are the most contagious settings. Ever been in a 50 C kitchen with a dozen dummies running around talking smack to each other ? I can't for the life of me understand how theyre open.
A lot of them won’t reopen right away. Two of my favourite restaurants already said they won’t reopen right away because they feel it’s too soon.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
"so racism is done on an individual level, then what about the 3 other cops on the scene doing nothing? isn't it a clue for you? that professionals from the same precinct acted as ''one unit'' . Would they do this to a white woman ? shouldn't we all be treated equal under the law? Whoever is trying to split hairs instead of making a legitimate point are making me sick to my gut.

I will make a bold statement -like the ones you and your buddy keep on making- and say you guys haven't traveled. at all."

@THE HOFF

What are you talking about ? You really think that what happened to Floyd, would never happen to a white man ? No wonder you think the police target black people...

For every case with a black guy, you can find a similar one with a white guy... Police brutality is not based on race. If so, show me your stats.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-6-13_17-48-21.png

upload_2020-6-13_17-48-37.png

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I don't know what that is but if we're going to look at staged stuff, might as well be funny. Try this:

Volume up on this, some classic pronunciations and lines. See it through the end.

Not giving up the ending but you have to love the "woo-wah" and this classic line: "He went that way, ya drip!" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

One user noted how they should have added the theme from Chariots of Fire to this. :laugh:

Last edited:

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I was thinking about gyms -- they might be the single most contagious setting of all. How are they going to be hygiene-friendly with people gasping and sweating next to each other? Plastic screens between each treadmill, bike, and elliptical? Hand sanitizer stations everywhere? Masks for everyone? They have a lot of work to do before people will feel comfortable returning.

I stopped running at my gym in early March, even before they were locked down, and have been running outdoors since. But once it gets really cold by late-Fall it'll be the gym or nothing for me, and there's no freakin way I'll settle for nothing. I hope they figure it out, because I can't stand running on icy sidewalks and wearing a dozen layers, and I don't feel like buying a high-end treadmill for my home.
Running outside in the winter is amazing, you should give it a try. With proper gear you don't feel the cold and it's good training for balance and stamina. You'll end up running faster in the summer too.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I was thinking about gyms -- they might be the single most contagious setting of all. How are they going to be hygiene-friendly with people gasping and sweating next to each other? Plastic screens between each treadmill, bike, and elliptical? Hand sanitizer stations everywhere? Masks for everyone? They have a lot of work to do before people will feel comfortable returning.

I stopped running at my gym in early March, even before they were locked down, and have been running outdoors since. But once it gets really cold by late-Fall it'll be the gym or nothing for me, and there's no freakin way I'll settle for nothing. I hope they figure it out, because I can't stand running on icy sidewalks and wearing a dozen layers, and I don't feel like buying a high-end treadmill for my home.

If they open-up the gyms, they better open-up interior public pools.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
"I'm not a racist but let me just be devil's advocate and say <insert f***ed up white supremacist talking point>"

Attack the arguments. What you are doing is simply avoiding the argument, you are giving it legitimacy.

What you are doing is just as worst. You're using labeling in lieu of debate.

And I'm not saying you are wrong, but the way you go about it is wrong, quite frankly.

Your mentality is the one that leads to book burnings. Words and arguments can be adressed.

I learned as much from reading Hitler's Mein Kampf as I did from Anne Frank's journals. Learned as much from reading Rand than I did reading Kropotkin.

When someone uses a shield like you did, you're just trying to avoid the actual argument.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
"so racism is done on an individual level, then what about the 3 other cops on the scene doing nothing? isn't it a clue for you? that professionals from the same precinct acted as ''one unit'' . Would they do this to a white woman ? shouldn't we all be treated equal under the law? Whoever is trying to split hairs instead of making a legitimate point are making me sick to my gut.

I will make a bold statement -like the ones you and your buddy keep on making- and say you guys haven't traveled. at all."

@THE HOFF

What are you talking about ? You really think that what happened to Floyd, would never happen to a white man ? No wonder you think the police target black people...

For every case with a black guy, you can find a similar one with a white guy... Police brutality is not based on race. If so, show me your stats.

Disgusting human beings, stupid cops laughing it up while killing the guy. Banning choke holds is not enough, putting all their weight on someone in a prone position for an extended period of time should also be banned.
The weight should be off him when the offender is handcuffed, then if he still resists ankle cuff him, he won't be going anywhere.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
I wonder how things escalated from waking him up and finding out he was intoxicated, to wrestling on the ground with him. Too bad it wasn't in the video. Once you're in a fistfight with the cops, it's only going to go badly. De-escalation needs to occur before it gets to that point.

Turns out the cops were actually extremely polite and patient, the drunk guy just flipped out when they tried to arrest him for failing the breathalyzer.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Turns out the cops were actually extremely polite and patient, the drunk guy just flipped out when they tried to arrest him for failing the breathalyzer.

Yes, the drunk guy f***ed up, like many drunk guys do. Still, the cops shouldn't have used lethal force on him as he was running away. A taser shot attempt from the drunk guy does not justify a return of gunfire, apparently, his life had no value.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Disgusting human beings, stupid cops laughing it up while killing the guy. Banning choke holds is not enough, putting all their weight on someone in a prone position for an extended period of time should also be banned.
The weight should be off him when the offender is handcuffed, then if he still resists ankle cuff him, he won't be going anywhere.

Not saying I disagree with you but Harris addresses the matter in the podcast I mentioned.

They weren't joking out of malice, as I also originally thought, they were joking because their actions were standard procedure they had done hundreds of times and nothing ever goes wrong. They actually thought nothing was wrong in this case as well.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Yes, the drunk guy f***ed up, like many drunk guys do. Still, the cops shouldn't have used lethal force on him as he was running away. A taser shot attempt from the drunk guy does not justify a return of gunfire, apparently, his life had no value.

I wasn't discussing the shooting itself. Only what occurred previously, causing an escalation.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It seems we're in the midst of plagues ( hopefully not 10 of them). Covid, cicadas, International politics, and hail so far. Good luck gang.

Yesterday in Calgary.

FB_IMG_1592116217775.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad