OT: Covid-19 (Part 22) Open the door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
From what I can see, the guy dropped his knife and walked out, maybe he got arrested once he got outside. The fact that he's robbing a store while out for a walk with his pet chihuahua suggests mental illness. So actually yeah, no harm was done, no shots were fired, the situation was de-escalated, I call that a success.

It's absurd to me that that the default policing response to someone drawing a knife has become "shoot them until they're dead". De-escalate, FFS. That's what you're supposed to learn in your training.

Reminds me of this clip from a while back:

The British mentality towards policing is very different to the USA. Also, it’s better but it wouldn’t work in the USA. The citizens are more heavily armed in some areas than the police. It’s f***ed up.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
The British mentality towards policing is very different to the USA. Also, it’s better but it wouldn’t work in the USA. The citizens are more heavily armed in some areas than the police. It’s f***ed up.
Yeah, turns out widespread gun ownership is prrrrrrrrobably not the best way to live in society. :laugh:

I mean in the US we're got a government that is slowly turning more fascist day by day, and all those 2nd Amendment gun nuts are conveniently forgetting to rise up against a tyrannical government like they were supposed to... how strange

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
From what I can see, the guy dropped his knife and walked out, maybe he got arrested once he got outside. The fact that he's robbing a store while out for a walk with his pet chihuahua suggests mental illness. So actually yeah, no harm was done, no shots were fired, the situation was de-escalated, I call that a success.

It's absurd to me that that the default policing response to someone drawing a knife has become "shoot them until they're dead". De-escalate, FFS. That's what you're supposed to learn in your training.

Reminds me of this clip from a while back:

You can see that the guy is outside and they are still dealing with him, at the end. Why they have no taser gun ? It would have been useful in this case. Doing nothing could have ended pretty bad for the cashier. The cop was literally waiting for him to use his knife before shooting... You can't take that risk, it ended well this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad