OT: COVID-19 general thread part II (and final part - see closing post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Well many of the people who are being counted as positives without a positive test also had symptoms to where they should have been tested (and likely would have been positive) in an ideal world but again, there still aren't enough tests to go around. The number's never going to be completely accurate because of the lack of quick, mass testing anyway, so it's hardly worth getting indignant over them possibly goosing numbers up a little that were artificially low to start with.

But I want to be angry and upset!!

Reactions: Call Me Al

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
"Three thousand more people died in New York City between March 11 and April 13 than would have been expected during the same time period in an ordinary year, Dr. Oxiris Barbot, the commissioner of the city Health Department, said in an interview. While these so-called excess deaths were not explicitly linked to the virus, they might not have happened had the outbreak not occurred, in part because it overwhelmed the normal health care system."

I mean, it's true. The hospitals here are overwhelmed. They're building temporary hospitals on tennis courts and convention centers. They wouldn't have had to without Covid-19.

It may be hard to see if you don't live here, but NYC is in a bad, bad place right now.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the numbers are absolutely lower than they should be everywhere because we don't have enough testing to know how many people actually have it and are dying from it.

Reactions: Darkauron

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
In happier news, I just got my stimulus check direct deposited!

I think we're going to be waiting a bit for ours since we haven't filed in 2019 yet, but not sure. We did e-file with HR Block in 2018 for our small refund, but when I check the website to see when we receive it, it says our information doesn't match up with our adjusted gross income and refund amount in 2018. Really strange.

Hope I'm not waiting on a check for months, ugh. Although who am I kidding, half of this $2400 will just go to what we owe for our federal taxes in 2019. :laugh:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Anyone in NJ file for unemployment yet? My wife and I both have jobs that are currently still paying but she has a second job that's kind of attached to her primary but pays from a separate company and that's not being paid. The employer suggested filing for unemployment. When we were able to actually file online it somehow listed both jobs but we do not want to run into issues with her falsely claiming both occupations. Can't get through on the phone at all to anyone. Been trying to days to fix this seemingly small issue but cannot gets through at all. Tried sending an email today though but people online are saying they've been waiting for emails back for weeks. This sucks but fortunately we can ride it out with our jobs if need be.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Anyone in NJ file for unemployment yet? My wife and I both have jobs that are currently still paying but she has a second job that's kind of attached to her primary but pays from a separate company and that's not being paid. The employer suggested filing for unemployment. When we were able to actually file online it somehow listed both jobs but we do not want to run into issues with her falsely claiming both occupations. Can't get through on the phone at all to anyone. Been trying to days to fix this seemingly small issue but cannot gets through at all. Tried sending an email today though but people online are saying they've been waiting for emails back for weeks. This sucks but fortunately we can ride it out with our jobs if need be.

if you can call and speak to a human do that. It’s always better than an email in my experience

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I mean yeah, we've been trying to days on end and never get through.

Ugh. I can’t imagine you are the only ones in that predicament. Are there any guidance documents online? Maybe you can find someone in a related deportment to speak to and they can point you to the right people? This is typical BS government bureaucracy and they have to actually try for the population they govern. Don’t give up. Maybe call a labor lawyer in your area? Might be worth a consult fee if you can find the right lawyer.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Ugh. I can’t imagine you are the only ones in that predicament. Are there any guidance documents online? Maybe you can find someone in a related deportment to speak to and they can point you to the right people? This is typical BS government bureaucracy and they have to actually try for the population they govern. Don’t give up. Maybe call a labor lawyer in your area? Might be worth a consult fee if you can find the right lawyer.
We aren't in a position where we NEED it, it's secondary income anyway but eventually we might need it. We've followed the states guidelines about calling at certain times based on your SSN and haven't not gotten through at any point since we filed at the end of March. It is what it is. If we get it processed great, if not oh well.

Reactions: My3Sons

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I received my return and stimulus check in the same day. What a story Mark!

1303-and-itsgone.jpg

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I live in the epicenter of it and still can't get a test. Sure, let's "reopen".

Glad the governors still have the power here. I hate Cuomo but he isn't going to rush this.

Reactions: Darkauron

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I live in the epicenter of it and still can't get a test. Sure, let's "reopen".

Glad the governors still have the power here. I hate Cuomo but he isn't going to rush this.

LOL, I mean the Plan is essentialy to get the states that are okay going again. New York Metro Area will take more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad