OT: COVID-19 general thread part II (and final part - see closing post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
1. I'm not an anti vaxxer AT ALL.
2. I'm sorry you're that bothered by "antivaxxers and skeptics"
3. Regardless of whether or not they would've fallen into having Bells anyway, my point wasn't wrong. These people got the vaccine and then had Bells shortly thereafter. What you decide to think of that is up to you, I'm going with it's probably coincidental.
4. I will take the vaccine, I won't be lining up to get it but I will take it. Thanks for all the angst and assumptions though.
5. I have been masked, sanitized, tested just about as much as you can because I am taking this extremely seriously as I'd like to NOT have to bury someone I love or be the reason someone else has to bury their loved ones.
You didn't show your work and it could have a negative impact on someone somewhere. The Bells study which you didn't even site is specious at best and has absolutelynothing to do with the ones being distributed. Why even post it? If you don't want angst in a response on a messageboard don't claim ridiculous things which could harm people.

Happy to hear you're going to help yourself, your family, and the community by getting the vaccine.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't believe I was belittling you but take no issue with doing so to anyone who is actively and/or ignorantly hurting not only myself, but the people I care about.

This is no longer an opinion. It is life or death. Feast or famine.

Feel about it as you wish, but any opinion otherwise is counterproductive and imo, harmful.
You sound passionate...maybe you should look into volunteering for one of the clinical trials?

Volunteer for a Local Clinical Study | COVID-19 Prevention Network

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
You didn't show your work and it could have a negative impact on someone somewhere. The Bells study which you didn't even site is specious at best and has absolutelynothing to do with the ones being distributed. Why even post it? If you don't want angst in a response on a messageboard don't claim ridiculous things which could harm people.

Happy to hear you're going to help yourself, your family, and the community by getting the vaccine.
Dude not for nothing but if a post on a hockey board that DIDNT HAVE ANYTHING FALSE in it got you this riled up I'm not sure there is even anything more to say. It is a FACT that 4 people who received the vaccine got Bells shortly after. An undeniable fact. The relation is probably coincidental. I literally said that when you unleashed your attack. If someone is going to come onto this website and make their life decisions based off posts coming from people they don't know then that's on them. You're coming at me when I didnt say or do anything wrong, generally agree with you with regard to this, and have been doing my part and then some. But hey, if you attacking me makes you feel better so be it.

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
For what it's worth, I'm one of those "half" people. (and that doesn't sound weird at all)

I would rather wait to see if there are any side effects to that vaccine for those who first take it before I take it myself.

Hope that when the vaccine becomes available that the NHL players taking it are fine afterwards.
Unfortunately this may not be an option for you, depending on your lifestyle

Your job may require a vaccine form to go back to work. And if not them, surely youll need it to fly or cross the border. Perhaps even to go to a Devils game or concert.

Also waiting to see the effects after is unrealistic because most long-term effects dont show their head for years.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Dude not for nothing but if a post on a hockey board that DIDNT HAVE ANYTHING FALSE in it got you this riled up I'm not sure there is even anything more to say. It is a FACT that 4 people who received the vaccine got Bells shortly after. An undeniable fact. The relation is probably coincidental. I literally said that when you unleashed your attack. If someone is going to come onto this website and make their life decisions based off posts coming from people they don't know then that's on them. You're coming at me when I didnt say or do anything wrong, generally agree with you with regard to this, and have been doing my part and then some. But hey, if you attacking me makes you feel better so be it.
Talk about riled up, lol.

Post the link to a covid vaccine and bells palsy. Specifically a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.

Did I attack you? One could interpret it that way. What I'm really assailing is the unfortunate amount of disinformation itt.

Don't take it personally, I'd hope you'd view it as a learning experience.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I already volunteer at the hospital in my neighborhood. In turn, I'll probably be near the first to receive one.

Passionate after what I've seen is an understatement.

Nice to see your sniping finally directed at me though.
I'm not exactly sure what that means...But I genuinely thought you'd might be interested.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Talk about riled up, lol.

Post the link to a covid vaccine and bells palsy. Specifically a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.

Did I attack you? One could interpret it that way. What I'm really assailing is the unfortunate amount of disinformation itt.

Don't take it personally, I'd hope you'd view it as a learning experience.
Ohhhh, now you're teaching. Thanks! You're such a hero. I'm sure you're capable of reading the two times where I said it's probably coincidental but here's a link to the article, also saying there's probably NOT a cause. PolitiFact - Why you shouldn’t worry about getting Bell’s Palsy from the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
However, what I said is still true and factual. Four people who were recently vaccinated got Bells shortly after receiving the vaccine. That is a fact. How it's interpreted isn't my problem. Also, the Australian thing was also a fact. They scrapped the vaccine but the vaccine was causing false positives. So again, nothing I posted contained disinformation. You just didn't like it. Thank you for trying to teach an idiot like myself though. I'll do better.

Reactions: Patrik26

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I genuinely hope ticketbastard follows through on their promise of papers.

I do not have any desire to be around folks with your disposition.

And the problem is that you won't "wait on the sideline", you'll be walking around with the rest of us.

Have some sense of the social contract dude.

Ticketmaster never actually promised that, they even released a statement that it was misreported...

Ticketmaster

Personally I just don't want to rush out and get it, I'm more comfortable with waiting till the end of 21 or 22. I'll just keep wearing the mask and following social distancing and all that. I have no desire to be in any large crowds any time soon and that's coming from someone who normally attends a ton of events.

If the Devils try to mandate it for the 21-22 season come September I'll gladly opt out for the year and I'll be back for the 22-23 season which is what I want to be able to do anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrik26

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Ohhhh, now you're teaching. Thanks! You're such a hero. I'm sure you're capable of reading the two times where I said it's probably coincidental but here's a link to the article, also saying there's probably NOT a cause. PolitiFact - Why you shouldn’t worry about getting Bell’s Palsy from the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
However, what I said is still true and factual. Four people who were recently vaccinated got Bells shortly after receiving the vaccine. That is a fact. How it's interpreted isn't my problem. Also, the Australian thing was also a fact. They scrapped the vaccine but the vaccine was causing false positives. So again, nothing I posted contained disinformation. You just didn't like it. Thank you for trying to teach an idiot like myself though. I'll do better.
I'm certainly capable of reading where you refenced people in the UK and Australia getting Bells.

Did you read your own link?

"However, posts like these mislead by seeming to imply that the Pfizer vaccine caused Bell’s Palsy. So far, there’s no evidence of a direct link."

So, care to stand by your stance as not an anti-vaxxer?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Ticketmaster never actually promised that, they even released a statement that it was misreported...

Ticketmaster

Personally I just don't want to rush out and get it, I'm more comfortable with waiting till the end of 21 or 22. I'll just keep wearing the mask and following social distancing and all that. I have no desire to be in any large crowds any time soon and that's coming from someone who normally attends a ton of events.

If the Devils try to mandate it for the 21-22 season come September I'll gladly opt out for the year and I'll be back for the 22-23 season which is what I want to be able to do anyway.
I could yell until I'm blue...

It sucks so much, but this is exactly why people need government.

I for one hope that ticketbastard/live Nation, bowery, hard, and golden voice put a bracelet on us.

I don't need to be sitting next to savages.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMadden11

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I could yell until I'm blue...

It sucks so much, but this is exactly why people need government.

You can yell all you want, you don't know shit about anyone's individual situation. I work from home and haven't done anything that isn't essential nor been around large groups of people and I always wear my mask. I'm not endangering anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm certainly capable of reading where you refenced people in the UK and Australia getting Bells.

Did you read your own link?

"However, posts like these mislead by seeming to imply that the Pfizer vaccine caused Bell’s Palsy. So far, there’s no evidence of a direct link."

So, care to stand by your stance as not an anti-vaxxer?
I literally said that there is probably not a correlation. A few times. I am not an anti vaxxer. I'm not sure how you want me to stand by that other than saying I'm not. I've been fully vaccinated, both of my children are, hell even my dogs are up to date.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I'm going to take it as soon as I can.

Whatever side effects there may be can't be worse than actually getting the virus and potentially passing it on to others.

The vaccine is currently known to help against getting sick from COVID; is unknown if it prevents it from being infectious. Biggest challenge is and was always going to be 1) seeing how many people get it 2) Have people act responsibly (ie. wear a mask, distance) even after getting the vaccine.

Here’s Why Vaccinated People Still Need to Wear a Mask

edit: I thought it was in the COVID thread, oops. Mods feel free to move it.

Reactions: Hisch13r

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
For what it's worth, I'm one of those "half" people. (and that doesn't sound weird at all)

I would rather wait to see if there are any side effects to that vaccine for those who first take it before I take it myself.

Hope that when the vaccine becomes available that the NHL players taking it are fine afterwards.
I'm mainly talking about the "half" that refuse to wear masks etc, having a wait and see approach to getting vaccinated is understandable because of how fast it came to fruition, but there are millions who feel it infringes upon their rights.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
post moved from around league thread

///

who do question for this upcoming monday lockdown here in york region?

the leaders shutting down the neighbouring regions on nov 23 while leaving this one "open" ….or the people who live in these other places that cant keep their pants on and are like "f*** it…..we'll just go there instead to shop, etc?"

….it was bound to happen " i toad a so"

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People are confused, scared and angry...I think it is very important not to chastise anyone for their opinion...It only creates unnecessary division.

You're right in one sense, the problem is there's so much bad faith messaging out there that the wrong message gets spread easily, too many people believe it, and it just gets us further down a rabbit hole both socially and in terms of dealing with the virus.

Everyone can behave however they want, but unfortunately how others think and behave affects everyone else as well when dealing with a highly contagious disease.

So when, in your view, is the appropriate time to "chastise" people?

The appropriate time is not on a public message board where open flaming and personal attacks are against the rules, hence the OP warning and others throughout these threads. Especially when erroneous assumptions can easily be made off a couple of posts that just drags the discussion further down a rabbit hole. If you want to take personal issue with what someone posts, message them off the board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billdo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
post moved from around league thread

///

who do question for this upcoming monday lockdown here in york region?

the leaders shutting down the neighbouring regions on nov 23 while leaving this one "open" ….or the people who live in these other places that cant keep their pants on and are like "f*** it…..we'll just go there instead to shop, etc?"

….it was bound to happen " i toad a so"

Nvm, I read york as NYC and forgot you were Canadian lol

But yeah we got our own problems in the tri-state area again, and closing the schools (which haven't even been shown to be a big spreader) aren't gonna solve jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad