Recalled/Assigned: Cousins recalled from Lehigh Valley

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Only saw the first period. Didn't really notice him much. Wasn't impressed but also wasn't disappointed. Sounds like the rest of the game went pretty well for him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Only saw the first period. Didn't really notice him much. Wasn't impressed but also wasn't disappointed. Sounds like the rest of the game went pretty well for him.

Lol, so the first 3 minutes of the guys career didn't impress you? Shocking.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I liked what I saw from Cousins for the most part.....small sample but so far so good. He played on that edge...was involved but also responsible. Didn't look out of place at all...

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
His line was pretty good all game, had some chances and kept the Canucks down in their zone quite a bit. It'd be nice to see Read replace Rinaldo on that line when he gets back.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
His line was pretty good all game, had some chances and kept the Canucks down in their zone quite a bit. It'd be nice to see Read replace Rinaldo on that line when he gets back.

I want to see Cousins at LW with Couturier and Voracek on the 'Thanks, Jeff' Line.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Cousins is in the NHL full time next season we could expect 130 points out of that trio.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
When we finally win the Cup I want to see Voracek hand the Cup to Simmonds, who then hands the Cup to Couturier, who then hands the Cup to Schenn, who then hands the Cup to Cousins..in that order. Then I want all 5 of them to take a picture together flipping the bird to everyone who doubted those trades.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
And somewhere a Leighton jersey spontaneously combusts at the same time while Bobby Clarke's teeth magnificently respawn.

RJ8812*

And Chris Pronger wakes up before the playoffs start and he's 100% cured and suits up for all 16 playoff wins since we just bulldoze our way to the SC

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Cousins is in the NHL full time next season we could expect 130 points out of that trio.

Currently Voracek, Couturier and Cousins have 85 points. But of course the highest total number of games they could get to this season is only 176 out of a possible 246. Over 246 games they're pacing for 160 points. :amazed:

Maybe this thread could get a title change into a general purpose Cousins thread since it seems like he's done playing for the Phantoms?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He has done quite well. He has worked hard in the AHL to better his game and I don't notice any glaring defensive mistakes from him when watching.

I hope at some point next year, Hak starts using the 3rd line AS the 3rd line instead of the 4th. But it also has merit at times to shelter the kids. Let them come in on the 3rd line and prove themselves.

I only wish our 4th line was like Raffl, PEB and Read instead of who we currently have. But who knows for next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad