Recalled/Assigned: Cousins recalled from Lehigh Valley

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Our forwards have been stagnant for almost 2 seasons now.

Laughton gave us a tiny bit of breath of fresh air before before injured then mis-used and sent down.

Getting Cousins in there will be a nice change.

He has been compared to Brad Marchand. Would love if he turned out to be that type of player and would love it even more if he can move to wing.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
Would be cool to maybe see a line of Cousins - Laughton - Raffl or Cousins - Laughton - White, since it seems like Cousins is destined for winger duty with the number of centers we already have

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Would be cool to maybe see a line of Cousins - Laughton - Raffl or Cousins - Laughton - White, since it seems like Cousins is destined for winger duty with the number of centers we already have

Both of those lines would be a nightmare to play against. Speed, tenacity, defensive capability, and some finish. The only thing their missing is size but when you play with big balls like those 4, size isn't that relevant.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Greetings Flyer Fans From Northern Ontario.

Looks like Cousins was a scratch last night. Been waiting for Cousins NHL debut but guess it may be delayed for a little bit longer. I had the opportunity to watch him play for the Soo Greyhounds (OHL) for 4 years and watched him develop into the type of player he is today. I'm pretty sure he was drafted by the Flyers early (2nd, 3rd or 4th round) and not part of the Carter trade? By the way, Jeff Carter and Wayne Simmonds are also Greyhound alumni.

If my memory serves me correct, the Greyhounds took Daniel Catenacci with the 1st overall pick and chose Cousins with their 2nd round pick (21st overall). Catenacci and Cousins were going to lead our team to great things. In the end, it was Cousins who stayed with the Hounds the entire 4 years and hit the 100 point plateau in his last season in the OHLas a 1st line centre . A suspension near the end of the season cost him some games that could have gave him the opportunity to win the OHL scoring title.

His gritty play and agitating of opponents made him a fan favourite to many. He wasnt afraid to get his nose dirty either and could rack up the penalty minutes. This Greyhound fan wishes him the best of luck and looking forward to his NHL debut.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Did a little googling. And yes, you are correct. Jeff Carter was traded to Columbus for Jakob Voracek and 1st and 3rd round picks in 2011

The 1st round pick ended up being Sean Couturier and the 3rd round pick was Nick Cousins.

The Flyers did not own a 2nd round pick that year.

Good luck Philly, and thanks for allowing me to post in your forum.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Greetings Flyer Fans From Northern Ontario.

Looks like Cousins was a scratch last night. Been waiting for Cousins NHL debut but guess it may be delayed for a little bit longer. I had the opportunity to watch him play for the Soo Greyhounds (OHL) for 4 years and watched him develop into the type of player he is today. I'm pretty sure he was drafted by the Flyers early (2nd, 3rd or 4th round) and not part of the Carter trade? By the way, Jeff Carter and Wayne Simmonds are also Greyhound alumni.

If my memory serves me correct, the Greyhounds took Daniel Catenacci with the 1st overall pick and chose Cousins with their 2nd round pick (21st overall). Catenacci and Cousins were going to lead our team to great things. In the end, it was Cousins who stayed with the Hounds the entire 4 years and hit the 100 point plateau in his last season in the OHLas a 1st line centre . A suspension near the end of the season cost him some games that could have gave him the opportunity to win the OHL scoring title.

His gritty play and agitating of opponents made him a fan favourite to many. He wasnt afraid to get his nose dirty either and could rack up the penalty minutes. This Greyhound fan wishes him the best of luck and looking forward to his NHL debut.

Cousins played for the Phantoms on Friday and Saturday and as a result, missed the early morning skate on Sunday, so he didn't play. I'd wager he'll play on Tuesday.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Did a little googling. And yes, you are correct. Jeff Carter was traded to Columbus for Jakob Voracek and 1st and 3rd round picks in 2011

The 1st round pick ended up being Sean Couturier and the 3rd round pick was Nick Cousins.

The Flyers did not own a 2nd round pick that year.

Good luck Philly, and thanks for allowing me to post in your forum.

Thanks for stopping by. I got to watch a lot of Greyhound games on Centre Ice and loved watching Cousins. He's bringing the the AHL what he did in Jr: creating scoring chances.

I hope he gets a chance to play. Scratch Vinny.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Thanks for stopping by. I got to watch a lot of Greyhound games on Centre Ice and loved watching Cousins. He's bringing the the AHL what he did in Jr: creating scoring chances.

I hope he gets a chance to play. Scratch Vinny.

Scratch Rinaldo....

Cousins - Raffl - White
VDV - PEB - Vinny

- and when we are out of the playoff picture -

Call up: Hagg - Petterson to man the 3rd pair. (as they played together at the 2014 Jrs)

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Scratch Rinaldo....

Cousins - Raffl - White
VDV - PEB - Vinny

Call up: Hagg - Petterson to man the 3rd pair. (as they played together at the 2014 Jrs)

I agree with Hagg but Petterson needs to become a regular AHL player first.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We're already out of the playoff picture, but Hagg and Petterson still have plenty to prove in the AHL. They aren't getting called up this season, and Petterson will likely never be an NHL player.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
We're already out of the playoff picture, but Hagg and Petterson still have plenty to prove in the AHL. They aren't getting called up this season, and Petterson will likely never be an NHL player.

Pretty much. Petterson might not even be an AHL player beyond next year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Scratch Rinaldo....

Cousins - Raffl - White
VDV - PEB - Vinny

Hagg played with Robin Norell, not Pettersson. They rarely play together in LHV. Pettersson, even with all the injuries has a hard time staying in the lineup. He has no business getting called up. And I highly doubt the Flyers would piss away the first season of Hagg's ELC for these last 11 games. Not that he's exactly earned a call up anyway.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Looks like he made it. Didnt get an opportunity to watch the game vs Vancouver. All I could find is that he played approximately 10 minutes and got 1 shot on goal.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Looks like he made it. Didnt get an opportunity to watch the game vs Vancouver. All I could find is that he played approximately 10 minutes and got 1 shot on goal.
He played pretty well. Good on the draws. The line had pressure. Certainly White and Rinaldo were throwing their bodies around with reckless abandon and Nick joined in a bit. He had a really good scoring chance and made a nice shot top corner. He seemed surprised Lack got a piece of it. He also played well in his own end, for the most part, separating his man from the puck.

I hope they leave him in the lineup for a longer look.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
He played pretty well. Good on the draws. The line had pressure. Certainly White and Rinaldo were throwing their bodies around with reckless abandon and Nick joined in a bit. He had a really good scoring chance and made a nice shot top corner. He seemed surprised Lack got a piece of it. He also played well in his own end, for the most part, separating his man from the puck.

I hope they leave him in the lineup for a longer look.

well said ... totally agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad