Recalled/Assigned: Cousins recalled from Lehigh Valley

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Awesome. It'd be nice to finally have one of those unheralded mid rounds picks who comes up and makes his mark that every other team seems to have.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Awesome.

He totally deserves it. Good job Hexy on rewarding him with his great play.

Berube you ****ing knob you better play him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, extremely excited to see that Hextall is rewarding him for his play.

I'm just worried that Berube will put him in a position to fail and we won't be able to fairly evaluate him.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
It was:

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
White-Raffl-Umberger

I would hope that it will now be:

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
White-Cousins-Raffl

I think this goes to show the usefulness of Raffl. Seems like he has the ability to play up and down in the line up. Can't believe some people throw him in for trade proposals.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Great news. He deserved to be rewarded. Cousins and White together are going to drive the other team nuts!

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I almost gave up on him last season when he just would not get his stuff together.
Great turnaround season! He deserves to get a chance to play with the big boys now.

Ilkka Sinisalo

Amazing American
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, W.A.
He's gotta actually get in the ice to begin with. He was recalled, but the Flyers have 12 healthy forwards.

True, but I can't imagine they'd call him up just to have him sit and watch a bunch of vets play. Since it's a lost season, there's no better time than now to let players like Cousins get their feet wet, and try to get an idea of what he might be able to offer for next season.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He was part of the carter trade right? If he's a legit middle 6 player we won that deal even more than we already did. Excited to see him play.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL

Good stuff.

Having said that, I hope he plays a "true" game. I hated watching him feign and look for calls from the refs. Reminded me of a soccer player quite a bit. It was brutal to watch.

Just play a north south hard nosed game. That's all I ask. Be a pest. Don't **** this up.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Nice. I've been psyched to see this kid in the NHL for a while. Would be nice if he makes some sort of impact and earns a spot for next season, but I'm thinking he'll still be on the bubble coming in to camp.

SgtJoseph*

He was part of the carter trade right? If he's a legit middle 6 player we won that deal even more than we already did. Excited to see him play.

Good Job Homer ! Homer did a lot of good things as GM in my view, he knows talent . Long term he may get the last laugh ?

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
I think he's going to do great, in my opinion his type of the game best translates to the NHL.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
True, but I can't imagine they'd call him up just to have him sit and watch a bunch of vets play. Since it's a lost season, there's no better time than now to let players like Cousins get their feet wet, and try to get an idea of what he might be able to offer for next season.

Yeah, if they just wanted a body they could have called up Gordon or Rosehill.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

Yup. especially considering Hextall's mentality when concerning the youngsters. I feel this is more of a reward then anything else. I don't necessarily think management believes Cousins is ready for the next level. Though I do believe he is one of the more NHL ready prospects in the pool, behind only Laughton perhaps.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Happy just to watch something new with the team. Pretty nice bonus for tonight's game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad