OT: Coupe Rogers 2013

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
What the kid did this week is amazing. Nadal is dominant right now against ANYBODY on hard court. So no surprise there.

One day, Miloche will be a top 5. And win his share on tourneys. He's still a young lad, you have to realize that. Being at Top 10 at 22 makes him the youngest at that rank right now. Amazing feat. Good for him.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
What the kid did this week is amazing. Nadal is dominant right now against ANYBODY on hard court. So no surprise there.

One day, Miloche will be a top 5. And win his share on tourneys. He's still a young lad, you have to realize that. Being at Top 10 at 22 makes him the youngest at that rank right now. Amazing feat. Good for him.
Milos did good but I really don't think he could crack the top 5 anytime soon. He might get in the top 8 but there is too much of a gap from the top 5. The only player he might beat in the top 5 is Federer. No chance at all vs Nole, Murray, Rafa and Ferrer. Still have a lot to work on consistency. He reminds me a lot of Mark Philipoussis.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

I hope he becomes top 5, but he's got a long ways to go. When the top 3 are at the top of their game, nobody really comes close to them anymore. It used to be the top 4, but Roger is getting on in age.

He reminds me a bit of Goran Ivanisevic. A player with an strong serve who eventually was able to put everything together and win a grand slam.

I see a consistent top 10 player, and a single grand slam winner before he beings to decline. I know he's still really young, but most tennis players start to go downhill after 29/30 years of age, so the window is not huge.

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Milos did good but I really don't think he could crack the top 5 anytime soon. He might get in the top 8 but there is too much of a gap from the top 5. The only player he might beat in the top 5 is Federer. No chance at all vs Nole, Murray, Rafa and Ferrer. Still have a lot to work on consistency. He reminds me a lot of Mark Philipoussis.

Very good comparison:nod: (height, huge serve but retired-Poussis and Raonic are serve and volleyers...not players who dominate at rallying/staying in the back of the court...so they have their limits).

BUT...

Raonic made it to the finals, so that's amazing.
10th in the world...also amazing.
He can reach top 5 but he will have to go far (rack up lots of points) at Wimbledon and do well in the pre-Wimbledon tournaments as well as hard-court tournament (US Open and pre-US Open tournaments)...get as many points as he can during those tournaments since he may not do so well on clay courts but I can be proven wrong).

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
It was great to see both Canadians do so well but let's be honest Milos still has plenty of work to do. Great serve and strong presence at the net but he has a **** load of work to do on his back court game. Needs to be able to exchange a lot better and hit those cross court shots with velocity

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
I think Ljubicic will be a great coach for Raonic. Ivan was known for his big serve and potent baseline game with his fluid groundstrokes. A big guy himself, he'll hopefully improve Raonic's much needed baseline consistency.

Last edited:

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
This thread is now officially the Tennis thread.

The US Open starts in two days. Would like to see Roger and Rafa finally meet there. Maybe it would be their last meeting in a Grand Slam. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad