OT: Coupe Rogers 2013

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Great to see him take out Isner, who I can't stand.

I'm hoping Del Potro wins this though. Raonic playing now, not really a great start.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
So Seb and Jee like tennis? Great!

I went there on Saturday, really had a great time. Saw Berdych & Raonic practicing really close to me. And there was Djokovic of course.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
So Seb and Jee like tennis? Great!

I went there on Saturday, really had a great time. Saw Berdych & Raonic practicing really close to me. And there was Djokovic of course.

Actually a huge Tennis fan. I prefer playing Tennis than Hockey, for the record.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I went to Stade Uniprix to watch Nadal in the doubles match. Couldn't enjoy it because of some pretentious ass-clown sitting behind. Kept bragging about how good he was at tennis, about how many people he knew in med school, about his beach house in Portugal. He didn't shut up the entire time. Then went on whining that 90% of people at the stadium don't even play or follow tennis and that they shouldn't be there.

Last edited:

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
I went to Stade Uniprix to watch Nadal in the doubles match. Couldn't enjoy because of some pretentious ass-clown behind. Kept bragging about how good he was at tennis, about how many people he knew in med school, about his beach house in Portugal. He didn't shut up the entire time. Then went on whining that 90% of people at the stadium don't even play or follow tennis and that they shouldn't be there.

You should have told him to shut the **** up. How old was he?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I went to Stade Uniprix to watch Nadal in the doubles match. Couldn't enjoy it because of some pretentious ass-clown sitting behind. Kept bragging about how good he was at tennis, about how many people he knew in med school, about his beach house in Portugal. He didn't shut up the entire time. Then went on whining that 90% of people at the stadium don't even play or follow tennis and that they shouldn't be there.

I'm not one to side with you usually, but you should have told him how people of our generation are going to pay for his Portugal Beach house in the long run... Dem Baby Boomers...

That's one of the things I liked the least about tennis when I played at a high enough level to get into provincial tournaments... This sport is FILLED with obnoxious characters... You always see a couple of show-offs like this guy.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
I'm not one to side with you usually, but you should have told him how people of our generation are going to pay for his Portugal Beach house in the long run... Dem Baby Boomers...

That's one of the things I liked the least about tennis when I played at a high enough level to get into provincial tournaments... This sport is FILLED with obnoxious characters... You always see a couple of show-offs like this guy.

It's a sport for rich people. Of course, it's gonna be filled with obnoxious characters.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

I got that sense today. First time I watch a tennis game live, too bad it turned out this way. A real turn-off.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I got that sense today. First time I watch a tennis game live, too bad it turned out this way. A real turn-off.

I already saw parents feeding their children with special nut mixes and counting their calories and everything before a tournament game... as 10 years olds. It's not that long ago neither... like 9 years ago.

I was fortunate to have parents who let me have my fun, eat a footlong subway 1 hour before my game, and going out with friends on a game's eve.

As mentionned before, it might be a "rich sport" by tradition, but I don't see these situations as being any better than those classic "hockey dads" who have the reputation to scream and cheer for their team in the stands.

I mean... you'll notice if you get to an ATP tournament in the future; if you catch a ball from the stands, good luck trying to keep it. Everyone will look at you as if you were a monster.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Just comeback from the Raonic and Djokovic games. Both game were very interesting: the first one was a close game and it was nice to see Raonic win at home and seeing the best player in the world dominated was also really fun to watch. I also had the opportunity to see the second half of the Gasquet game at the end :handclap:

Delat

Oct 9, 2006
I was at the Raonic and Del Potro game last night. Raonic played pretty good, or maybe it was simply Youznhy who sucked, he didn't play as well as I tought he could, maybe just a bad day...

The Del Potro - Dodig was well worth the wait, what a game it was, you could see Del Potro struggling with his back all game long, he gave all he had at the end coming from two breaks down. Both players made a lot of stupid mistakes but Dodig, even tough he was brilliant for a good part of the game just seemed unable to make the good shot at the good time. I can't afford anymore tickets this year, but I'm really thinking about getting a package for next year.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I remember going to Rogers cup when I was like 13.

I was playing high level baseball at that time and they had a radar competition for the fastest serve.

I saw some adults before me who had 120-130 km/h serve.

Then it was my turn and I served one up to 179 km/h.

I heard some OHHHH from the crowd who saw me.

I was like 2nd in the adult category at that time. I was 1 year too old to be in the kid category.

MrExpos

Feb 10, 2007
I mean... you'll notice if you get to an ATP tournament in the future; if you catch a ball from the stands, good luck trying to keep it. Everyone will look at you as if you were a monster.

Don't wanna be "that guy" but, this is not baseball. You are not supposed to keep a ball at a tennis match, you have to give it back.

MrExpos

Feb 10, 2007
Thanks for proving my point. It's freaking Pejorative Slured. Only sport where it happens.

You play with 6 balls, which are changed after every 9 games (not match). New balls have an impact on the quality of shots from player, they can't just open a new pack in the middle of a game and mix them with older balls.

There are a lot of Pejorative Slured things (and people) at a tennis event, but this is not one.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Thanks for proving my point. It's freaking Pejorative Slured. Only sport where it happens.

Actually, I think the only sports where you are allowed to keep the ball are hockey and baseball. I remember the first time I went to an NBA game when I was a kid, previously I had only been to hockey and baseball and was upset you couldn't be looking to keep balls thrown out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad