OT: Coupe Rogers 2013

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Darnit! I forgot about this and missed the match. Not much of a tennis guy but the hype of Canadian success this year had me intrigued enough. Tomorrow!

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
I'm not a big fan of Djokovic but I would prefer to see him in the other semis against Nadal.

An all-Canadian semis and in the other one you get two of the best player on the tour. :yo:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
In 2010, it was called exhibition.

Rafael+Nadal+Vasek+Pospisil+Rogers+Cup+tJsq7QeJD2hl.jpg

Now it will be for real! :yo: (unless Djoko and Nadal decide otherwise)

Neutrino

Jan 18, 2011
Montreal
Actually a huge Tennis fan. I prefer playing Tennis than Hockey, for the record.

There's something about swinging your racket and hitting the ball with deadly precision. It must be programmed in our genes from all the centuries people spent perfecting and mastering swordsmanship, I think there's a huge similarity in the way the racket becomes an extension of your arm.

I can't watch tennis anymore though, only late rounds in grand slams...

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I expect raonic to win. no offense to pospisil but he shouldn't be in this position. but good for him

Well Pospisil is only a year older than Raonic and if he plays as well as he did vs Berdych I think he might take this one. He's only starting out as much as Raonic, so there is no telling how good they'll both be in a couple years from now.

And saying that Pospisil shouldn't be in this position makes no sense, especially after how good Berdych played against him and since he was able to outplay the #5 player in the world. If Pospisil was 28 years I'd agree but right now this kid has got a very bright future in front of him.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Well Pospisil is only a year older than Raonic and if he plays as well as he did vs Berdych I think he might take this one. He's only starting out as much as Raonic, so there is no telling how good they'll both be in a couple years from now.

And saying that Pospisil shouldn't be in this position makes no sense, especially after how good Berdych played against him and since he was able to outplay the #5 player in the world. If Pospisil was 28 years I'd agree but right now this kid has got a very bright future in front of him.

Pospisil is 6 months older.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa

oh for sure. finally great to see canada play for something. never seen canada play for something in tennis in my lifetime.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Diane Sauvé...surely amongst the worst sports journalist/commentator whatever ever. Faucher...as dull as anything you can find.

Honestly, we are so not well represented as far as sports journalists are concerned. Only 1 hand is needed to know how many greats we have.....a freakin shame.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Diane Sauvé...surely amongst the worst sports journalist/commentator whatever ever. Faucher...as dull as anything you can find.

Honestly, we are so not well represented as far as sports journalists are concerned. Only 1 hand is needed to know how many greats we have.....a freakin shame.

The people at Radio-Canada don't seem really knowledgeable...
The guy describing the match (was it Faucher like you're saying?) doesn't seem like someone who knows the game really well.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
The people at Radio-Canada don't seem really knowledgeable...
The guy describing the match (was it Faucher like you're saying?) doesn't seem like someone who knows the game really well.

Faucher knows the game very well, he's a great tennis player himself. You might not like the way he describes a game, like Whitesnake, but he's a very knowledgeable guy. His analyst, Jocelyn Robichaud, was a former pro player himself, but I agree he doesn't seem very comfortable in front of a camera and I personally didn't like it as well.

As for Diane Sauvé, I disagree with Whitesnake, I love her. But I'm biaised.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Didn't you like how Nadal laughed at her question? "Well...it is just my 2nd tournament on that surface...".

But hey...everybody is biased about something so that's fine with me.....only leaves to know how biased you really are...:naughty:

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Faucher knows the game very well, he's a great tennis player himself. You might not like the way he describes a game, like Whitesnake, but he's a very knowledgeable guy. His analyst, Jocelyn Robichaud, was a former pro player himself, but I agree he doesn't seem very comfortable in front of a camera and I personally didn't like it as well.

The Ponton-Pelletier duo is better imo. Maybe because I'm used to it and I've been listening to them since I'm really young...I'm probably biased when it comes to them. :laugh:

I often read Paul Roux on La Presse and I really like him. Did he ever appeared on TV?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
The Ponton-Pelletier duo is better imo. Maybe because I'm used to it and I've been listening to them since I'm really young...I'm probably biased when it comes to them. :laugh:

I often read Paul Roux on La Presse and I really like him. Did he ever appeared on TV?

Sorry but...BY FAR. Ponton and Pelletier are great. Yes, Hélène do loves to flirt but she's really knowledgeable. I mean, this is not even a comparison.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Oh and as much as you DON'T clap after 2 faults on the opponent's service, Gulbis is the stupid guy with his remarks. Come on....so this crowd is the reason why EVERYTIME a Canadian plays in a Canadian tournament, they are great but elsewhere they suck? When was the last time 2 Canadian reached the point where they are right now?

So dumb.....

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Oh and as much as you DON'T clap after 2 faults on the opponent's service, Gulbis is the stupid guy with his remarks. Come on....so this crowd is the reason why EVERYTIME a Canadian plays in a Canadian tournament, they are great but elsewhere they suck? When was the last time 2 Canadian reached the point where they are right now?

So dumb.....

He needs to be shoot in the back of the head with a high powered handgun. game/set & headshot.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal

So dumb.....

He was whining, screaming and swearing when I watched him play against Murray. It was pathetic. This guy is ****ing arrogant. He doesn't seem like someone who shows a lot of respect for his opponents.

Somebody even told me he destroyed his racket today against Raonic. Is this true?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

So dumb.....

What a d***... :help:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
He was whining, screaming and swearing when I watched him play against Murray. It was pathetic. This guy is ****ing arrogant. He doesn't seem like someone who shows a lot of respect for his opponents.

Somebody even told me he destroyed his racket today against Raonic. Is this true?

True. People booed him but then he gave his destroyed racket to somebody in the stands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad