Could this be Tampa Bay’s year?

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
They’re under the radar and they are probably just fine with that after the debacle last playoffs. They’re still a formidable team though, and on paper boast one of the best line ups in the league. How do you guys think they’ll do the rest of the season, and do you see them making a deep run this year?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Never rule out arguably the most talented team in the league. As long as they make the playoffs, they're a threat. Tampa and Boston are still the 2 favorites to come out of the East IMO.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
They’re under the radar and they are probably just fine with that after the debacle last playoffs. They’re still a formidable team though, and on paper boast one of the best line ups in the league. How do you guys think they’ll do the rest of the season, and do you see them making a deep run this year?

It depends on how many topics about Tampa will appear on the main board :sarcasm:

On serious note. It depends on what is considered the last year problem. My opinion is that the team reached the peak of its physical conditions in the middle of the season. Too early. While should have instead did it closer to the end of the season. To me it looks like this year slow start is the intentional answer to that problem.

Reactions: Foo Fighter

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
They had 120 points in the standings last year and choked in the first round.

They are a team that is going to have to prove it when it counts, regardless of record, after last year.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If we keep saying "this is their year" then eventually we're bound to be right!

After they all made us look like fools last year, they owe us one.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
They will get throttled by NYI or Washington. Both teams will bully them in a playoff series just like Torts and co did last year.

San Jose is the “under the radar” team this year.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Never rule out arguably the most talented team in the league. As long as they make the playoffs, they're a Tampa and Boston are still the 2 favorites to come out of the East IMO.

Tbh I think it could be Boston or Wsh. The caps look good again (and I strongly dislike them).

Tampa could easily fold again under pressure.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Tampa still one of the top teams in the league. Everyone was sleeping on the Caps the year they won too.

Yes. Everyone always wrote off the Caps as being the top team in the regular season and the first team out in the playoffs....

Until they won the cup

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
They were the biggest cup favorites by far this summer. Nothing's changed after 15 games. So of course this could still be this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad