Could the Caps be a dark horse to win the cup.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
A lot of talk about the Maple Leafs and Lightning being the favorites but are the Caps the dark horse pick. First concern people are going to bring up is Holtby. All i can say about that is not to worry. The one thing about Holtby is in his career, even when he is struggling, the guy always takes it to the next level when the lights shine the brightest. The biggest concern is the Caps defense. If they can get that fixed, do you guys like the Caps as the dark horse pick in the East and maybe win the cup again.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
A lot of talk about the Maple Leafs and Lightning being the favorites but are the Caps the dark horse pick. First concern people are going to bring up is Holtby. All i can say about that is not to worry. The one thing about Holtby is in his career, even when he is struggling, the guy always takes it to the next level when the lights shine the brightest. The biggest concern is the Caps defense. If they can get that fixed, do you guys like the Caps as the dark horse pick in the East and maybe win the cup again.

Their the defending Stanley Cup Champions with the same roster. Of course they are contenders.

What kind of fool would think the Maple Leafs are bigger contenders than the Capitals?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Win the cup 2 years in a row? I’d bet a lot of $ that they won’t. Although it is as if they had a mental block when it comes to the playoffs for the last however many years. Maybe the cup can push that away.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Their the defending Stanley Cup Champions with the same roster. Of course they are contenders.

What kind of fool would think the Maple Leafs are bigger contenders than the Capitals?
I think the Caps beat the Leafs if they met in the playoffs. But there are some people who are putting the Leafs ahead of the Caps because of Holtby. Not worried about him. Tampa on the other hand....

By the way, love the Carl Racki photo.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
The regular season is just a warm up for playoffs for the good teams, You dont win any cups in the regular, Caps cup to lose !

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
What even is this thread? The Caps are the champs and every bit, if not better now. They haven't been healthy once this year and are out there taking it to everyone. They can beat any team in the league, are as skilled and as physical as any team in the league, have an elite PP and elite goaltender. How can you put any team ahead of them come playoff time is beyond me.

The 5 best teams in the league are the Caps, Preds, Bolts, Jets and then maybe the Leafs. The Leafs can't be the favorite for anything until they actually you know, win a playoff round.

Last edited:

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
We're playing better than last year and haven't had a full lineup at any point this season. The pressure is off and it shows. We have the best goal scorer in history who is somehow playing almost better than ever, the 2nd best 1-2C punch in the league, a solid D core and the best playoff goalie in the league. We can play the skill game, speed game and physical game all at an elite level and I don't think any other team in the league can do that. I'm confidently picking the caps in a series against any team, not afraid of anyone (close with the pens though).

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
We're playing better than last year and haven't had a full lineup at any point this season. The pressure is off and it shows. We have the best goal scorer in history who is somehow playing almost better than ever, the 2nd best 1-2C punch in the league, a solid D core and the best playoff goalie in the league. We can play the skill game, speed game and physical game all at an elite level and I don't think any other team in the league can do that. I'm confidently picking the caps in a series against any team, not afraid of anyone (close with the pens though).
For me its Tampa

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
If they manage to trade for the missing piece at the deadline for a 2nd year in a row

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol, could the reigning champs be a dark horse to win the cup?

I mean, jeez...that sounds ridiculous when you say it out loud.

Say it out loud.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm not scared of Tampa. Bigger Paper Tiger than any of those regular season Caps teams
Lol wat. This "paper tiger" made it deeper than any of those regular season Caps teams, 3 out of 4 seasons.

I do agree you shouldn't be scared, though. Already beat us once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad