Could someone give me the scoop on Warrior sticks?

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Warriors are famous for their durability, not to mention they are the only American-made hockey stick.
Id love to have one, but I just cant see dropping that much money for a stick.

Warrior and Easton pro stock sticks are made in Mexico, as are some retail CCM sticks. Some Warrior retail sticks are made in China.

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
I used Dolomite 08 models 85 flex weight (the teal black and orange model). I bought 2 of these sticks and they have lasted 2 years. I play weekly pickup and sporadically do the ringer thing for my buddies team. Both sticks broke within 1 month of each other. I rotated them pretty evenly in use and between the two of them they were the only sticks I used. Sticks have slash marks board paint and all kinds of crap on the exterior. They look beat to **** but, worked like new til' the end. They broke at the blade horizontally midway through the face on the blade.

I just picked up 2 Dolomite Spines. 1 is the 09 one that is white blue and green. The other is the new sexy black with gold writing model (Never spent 200 plus on 1 stick before.) I'll let you guys know any difference between the 3.

I use a 100 flex Vanek. I absolutely have the best backhand with that blade. Fake to the forehand back to the backhand then over the goalies pad under the blocker. It is a great passing blade and I can snipe pretty decent with it. I used to use the Bergeron curve but, that blade wanted every thing to go high corner LOL. Even passes to teammates in the slot.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I used Dolomite 08 models 85 flex weight (the teal black and orange model). I bought 2 of these sticks and they have lasted 2 years. I play weekly pickup and sporadically do the ringer thing for my buddies team. Both sticks broke within 1 month of each other. I rotated them pretty evenly in use and between the two of them they were the only sticks I used. Sticks have slash marks board paint and all kinds of crap on the exterior. They look beat to **** but, worked like new til' the end. They broke at the blade horizontally midway through the face on the blade.

I just picked up 2 Dolomite Spines. 1 is the 09 one that is white blue and green. The other is the new sexy black with gold writing model (Never spent 200 plus on 1 stick before.) I'll let you guys know any difference between the 3.

I use a 100 flex Vanek. I absolutely have the best backhand with that blade. Fake to the forehand back to the backhand then over the goalies pad under the blocker. It is a great passing blade and I can snipe pretty decent with it. I used to use the Bergeron curve but, that blade wanted every thing to go high corner LOL. Even passes to teammates in the slot.

I just broke my last Smyth Dolomite last weekend. Whatever grip substance they use on their sticks I have to say it holds up. The stick took abuse and basically looked the same as when I bought it. Unfortunately, the Dolo met his match when a 250+lb hack fell on it and broke it in 2.

rbke

May 11, 2009
Help please

I am joining to new team and they have a contract with Warrior which forces players to use only Warrior sticks(for free ofc). I have played for a couple of years with Bauer XXXX -sticks and I don't know anything about Warriors.

Coach said options will be Swizzle or Johnson. Can somebody give me + and - of those sticks? I am a wrister/playmaker type.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
What's the consenus of the Dolomite shafts? Are they outdated or can they still compete with newer shafts? I'm undecided bewteen the X60 and Dolomite shaft.

RaoulDuke2k

Aug 13, 2008
I have the '09 Dolo shaft and it's a good stick - have used it roughly 2 times a week for about 8 months. Nowadays though, it's a backup to my SE16 one piece. I think the Warriors tend to run stiffer than Easton.

SiouxPride

Dec 26, 2006
WINNIPEG!
Just picked up a Johnson today, on a budget as of late, 89.99, tis super light. I used Dolomite and Ak27 gold 2 piece, they were beasts for durability and there pretty much my favorites, Nike Bauer and Warrior ftw !

NomadFan

Mar 24, 2007
Slight bump of this thread, but I was curious about Warrior's measurements about the lie of blades on their sticks. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Warrior's "interpretation" of lie is somewhat different than other manufacturers. It was something like the Warrior lie 4 is equivalent to an Easton lie 5.5 or something like that. However, I read about this tidbit a very long time ago and it's possible that the information was either faulty back then or Warrior has gone to normalized lie measurements with the other companies.

Any insights/thoughts?

jagged

Mar 22, 2010
Mississauga
Warrior's lie ratings seem to be a little lower when compared to the other companies.

If you get the chance, go to your local store and compare them to other sticks. These days, everyone prints the lie onto the stick.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Slight bump of this thread, but I was curious about Warrior's measurements about the lie of blades on their sticks. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Warrior's "interpretation" of lie is somewhat different than other manufacturers. It was something like the Warrior lie 4 is equivalent to an Easton lie 5.5 or something like that. However, I read about this tidbit a very long time ago and it's possible that the information was either faulty back then or Warrior has gone to normalized lie measurements with the other companies.

Any insights/thoughts?

Warrior measures their lie at the heel instead of the center of the blade. This makes all their lies lower than what it would be on the Easton scale. Also, since some blades are rockered more than others it makes little correlation between different Warrior patterns.

NomadFan

Mar 24, 2007
Warrior measures their lie at the heel instead of the center of the blade. This makes all their lies lower than what it would be on the Easton scale. Also, since some blades are rockered more than others it makes little correlation between different Warrior patterns.

Gotcha. Since you're more or less the psycho gear guru around here, what would you say is the closest match of the Warrior retail patterns to the Easton Lidstrom/Getzlaf. My preference is the lie 1st, then curve type (heel, mid, etc.), depth, and then angle

Yes I've played around a lot with that stick comparison tool.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
cant wait to get your take...almost got one the other day

I've used it for one game. My slapshot seemed a bit harder, but the stick was definitely too stiff for me. I felt like I couldn't bend the thing when taking a wrist shot. If you normally use a 100 flex then it seems like a sturdy stick. I normally use 85. The thing only comes in 95. There is quite a bit of difference.

Its height is that of a normal stick. I kind of wish it had the AK-27 height. Ah well. I think this is going to be my defenseman stick.

Last edited:

BadHammy*

What I found was generally close was:

Warrior 4 ~ Easton 5
Warrior 5 ~ Easton 5.5
Warrior 6 ~ Easton 6

I've seen some Warrior 5.5s and 6s that seemed far lower than that on the universal scale.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Gotcha. Since you're more or less the psycho gear guru around here, what would you say is the closest match of the Warrior retail patterns to the Easton Lidstrom/Getzlaf. My preference is the lie 1st, then curve type (heel, mid, etc.), depth, and then angle

Yes I've played around a lot with that stick comparison tool.

Not sure about lie but Jovanovski/Lidstrom.

Hogie

May 1, 2010
Anyone who's using a Dolomite with the Spyne blade, does it work or is it a gimmick?

Hogie

May 1, 2010
So is the Dolomite HD better?

There's not much between them pricewise on hockeymonkey, only $30 on a 3 pack

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Crappy gimmick. A teammate of mine had one and was very disappointed. Plus it broke in around a month.

Agreed. The Spyne blade is the WORST blade I've ever felt on a OPS. It's just too soft, it torques and kills accuracy.

I'm a big fan of the original Dolomite blades, I'm fully stocked up on those. I've used a couple of them for well over a year and they're still pretty stiff. There isn't a whole lot of feedback in the blades but durability is fantastic.

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
I agree the spine blade feels to soft when you take hard passes. Too much give. great for dangling and wrist shots. But for 1 timers and hard passes in the slot I like the old Dolomite 1 pieces better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad