Could someone give me the scoop on Warrior sticks?

Mo Show

Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Great sticks. I've been using Dolo's since 07 (Lasted the longest, and just felt great) The 08 was good but broke within a year. I did play 3-4 times a week. Picked up the 09 HD a few weeks ago and I'm loving it! I will probably never use another brand as long as they stay around.

simnorm

Aug 2, 2005
Winnwell are/used to be the inno's
that is just not the case anymore. The Winnwell G300 and G500 were Inno sticks, but they are impossible to find nowadays.
Winnwell will be coming out with a Pro level OPS, in fact Marc-Andre Bergeron of the Canadiens plays with one.

Madvillain27*

Warrior sticks rule. I actually like the Bentley for it's price. Yes, it's heavier than the top of the line, but it's durable and 500 grams isn't that heavy!

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
that is just not the case anymore. The Winnwell G300 and G500 were Inno sticks, but they are impossible to find nowadays.
Winnwell will be coming out with a Pro level OPS, in fact Marc-Andre Bergeron of the Canadiens plays with one.

Yah, the pro stock, its on their website, only 100 flex though.

I use the G-lite as a back up

Dats13forlife

Apr 15, 2010
Break easily for me on slappers even in pro 260 flex and retail 100 cut down. But I loved the way they feel in my hand. Now I use reebok with shark skin grip, so far I'm likin it.

Warrior has really stupid prostock flex ratings. 260 is actually a 95 flex. But Warrior is the top of the line for wristers and snap shots. I use Dolomite shafts and they are amazing. They are not very good with slap shots but I don't take them.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
Warrior sticks rule. I actually like the Bentley for it's price. Yes, it's heavier than the top of the line, but it's durable and 500 grams isn't that heavy!

That's about what a Harrow 300 Series weighs. I've never tried Warrior and quite honestly am turned off by their advertising and crazy stupid colors graphics on their sticks.

They come across as a company trying to appeal to young teens with cool talk and lingo when they should be letting word of mouth sell their sticks.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
That's about what a Harrow 300 Series weighs. I've never tried Warrior and quite honestly am turned off by their advertising and crazy stupid colors graphics on their sticks.

They come across as a company trying to appeal to young teens with cool talk and lingo when they should be letting word of mouth sell their sticks.

No way the Bentley weighs 500 grams. If the X:40 weighs 513g, the Bently is in the high 500's about 580g...very noticable.

In regards to the Warrior ad strategy, I think its very effective in that respect. They're different and adds new flavour to the industry... no I dont own any Warrior products btw.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
No way the Bentley weighs 500 grams. If the X:40 weighs 513g, the Bently is in the high 500's about 580g...very noticable.

In regards to the Warrior ad strategy, I think its very effective in that respect. They're different and adds new flavour to the industry... no I dont own any Warrior products btw.

Kronik
Syko
Mac Daddy

Very kOrNy nAmES tHat aPpEaL tO tEeNaGeRs.

If I ever bought one I would paint it black, I am sure the sticks are great.

ipushmycar

Aug 28, 2009
I'm an exclusive Warrior user. Warrior is arguably the best lacrosse company, I have a lot of friends who played lacrosse and pretty much every one of them stuck with a Warrior shaft and head. I feel that Warrior gives you the best bang for the buck, as well as having the coolest stick designs (not that it matters, but it's fun to look at).

I have a Hitman HD grip, a Dolomite DD grip, and a Bentley.

The Bentley cost me $50. I use it to practice, it's a bit heavy, and a normal blade. There's no warranty with it... but honestly it's the best composite you can find for under $60 in my opinion.

The Hitman HD is an amazing stick for the money. Picked it up for $100 with grip, and I love how light it feels. If you're only looking to spend around $100... I reccommend this stick for sure.

The Dolomite DD is just an eyegasm. It's a sick looking stick. Also, it feels a lot like the Hitman except a bit lighter and a most likely a lot more durable. I love this stick, yet haven't put it to much use yet.

BTW, HD means high-density, and DD means double-density. Basically, a DD will last longer than an HD. I swear by Warrior, and really don't plan on switching to anything else too soon. I might try a Bauer in the near future, but that would only be if someone buys it as a gift. I like to collect sticks :)

I heard that the Warrior Kronik is truly a one-piece stick. It is not a blade melded to a shaft like every other stick, the blade and shaft are one piece. It also weighs 420 grams, which I find hilarious. I really want a Kronik in the future, just because I'm a big marijuana fan (don't smoke anymore- but I want legalization!)

Overall, Warrior sticks are great. I've been seeing more and more of them, simply because they are priced so well.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Kronik
Syko
Mac Daddy

Very kOrNy nAmES tHat aPpEaL tO tEeNaGeRs.

If I ever bought one I would paint it black, I am sure the sticks are great.

I agree with that, but I tihnk that's their target market and having this flair to their strategy is something new to the industry, no doubt quite effective too. I dont think anyone can deny that. And If i ever got a Macdaddy (I would like one :P) I'd prob spray some part of it too :P

meanolthing

Apr 29, 2009
Owned a MacDaddy, Draper Curve - LOVED IT!! (my 2nd favorite stick ever next to my CCM Vector U+, Lecavalier)
Own 2 Kronik's, Draper Curve - HATE THEM! (shaft has grooves etched into the bottom to add stiffness or something, and it feels awful)
Own a Dolomite Double D, Draper curve - Like it a lot, feels better than the Kronik but not as good as the CCM.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com

Correct.

Innovative 1100/Winwell G300/Bauer Vapor XX/Warrior Dolomite(AK)
Innovative True-1/Winwell G500/Bauer Vapor XXX/Warrior Mac Daddy

Winnwell got a jump start when TPS was acquired by SWD. Certain people from TPS left in the deal. This is why Nash was using Winnwell and not SWD or another brand.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
you would think a pro hockey team would provide a power saw of some sort to cut those those sticks.

Chance of cutting your finger off with a power saw > Chance of cutting your finger off with a hack saw.

These are pro hockey players, not carpenters.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Chance of cutting your finger off with a power saw > Chance of cutting your finger off with a hack saw.

Plenty of teams have power saws and sanders. A hack saw is most common but it just depends on the team's facilities, whether they're at home or visiting, practice rink or not.

Off the top of my head, Boston has a power saw available.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
Power seems overkill with current sticks. These hollow and thin walled carbon shafts only require about five strokes to get through them as it is.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Power seems overkill with current sticks. These hollow and thin walled carbon shafts only require about five strokes to get through them as it is.

You get a nice straight cut with a chop saw, and you can do more than one at a time. Plus, if I had to prep say 20 sticks, no way I'm using a hacksaw.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here

off topic a bit, but Columbus lost Derrick Brassard for a few games before and after the Olympic break because he dropped a heat gun, and caught the hot end with his bare hands.

It would have been a much bigger deal if he had missed several weeks of action.

Badger36

Jan 4, 2010
Columbus, OH
Warriors are famous for their durability, not to mention they are the only American-made hockey stick.
Id love to have one, but I just cant see dropping that much money for a stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad