Could someone give me the scoop on Warrior sticks?

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
I've never used one, but from what I see they aren't as prevalent in shops as most other brands and they seem much more expensive than most others. Are they really good and worth the extra money?

CuteHockeyBunny

May 25, 2009
Montreal
They are widely regarded as the best wrist/snap shot sticks and are the cream of the durability crop, especially the dolomite models (citation needed). They're great sticks (source: Me).

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I love my warriors, my AK-27 has been a rock. However, my dolomite 2 piece did snap in half after about a year. Of course it could have been the fact that I was taking lots of slap shots on its 75 flex shaft.

Definitely my favorite brand. I would like to get a one piece once I find a blade from warrior that I like.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
They are widely regarded as the best wrist/snap shot sticks and are the cream of the durability crop, especially the dolomite models (citation needed). They're great sticks (source: Me).

lather, rinse, repeat.
in other words, I agree! I play with Warriors and Eastons. the Eastons are good but the Warriors are exceptional!
the Dolomite, though not technically the top of the line is by far the best of the line.

SouthpawTRK

Sep 18, 2009
Northern California
I'm thinking about my next stick being a model from the Warrior line up; more specifically the AK27 shaft and a AK27 blade.

Out of curiosity, I'd like to hear some feedback (both positive and negative) with your experiences with the AK27 shaft/blade combo.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I've used Warrior shafts exclusively for the last three years. Right now I'm partial to the Dolomite. Just has a great feel to it. I'm going to pick up the Swizzle next...

Superstar Treatment

Sep 20, 2009
732 Jersey
I'm thinking about my next stick being a model from the Warrior line up; more specifically the AK27 shaft and a AK27 blade.

Out of curiosity, I'd like to hear some feedback (both positive and negative) with your experiences with the AK27 shaft/blade combo.

It's a beast. It's mid-flex, good stick for power, well-balanced.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
I've used Warrior shafts exclusively for the last three years. Right now I'm partial to the Dolomite. Just has a great feel to it. I'm going to pick up the Swizzle next...

I guy on my team has the Swizzle, said it is a decent shaft for the price (same $ as the Johnson, but in his opinion, much better)

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
Another thing on the Warrior sticks - where is the best place to order them from? for whatever reason, hockeygiant.com doesn't have them, and they're usually about the better of the online outlets in terms of pricing.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

wearethegreek

Sep 27, 2009
New Jersey
Break easily for me on slappers even in pro 260 flex and retail 100 cut down. But I loved the way they feel in my hand. Now I use reebok with shark skin grip, so far I'm likin it.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Whatever you do, don't get the Bentley or the Syko, personally, Ive tried the syko and it's blade is horrible for receiving passes. The Bentley is Warrior's lowest price point and while its durable, its very heavy compared to some other sticks in that price range. Obviously the more $$ the better

hubby1746

Mar 11, 2009
Brookline, MA
i really want an 08' AK27, the gold one. but i cant find it in an 85 flex on any of the websites i order from. Ive seen it on a few websites ive never heard of before but i dont know if i wanna take that risk

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
Whatever you do, don't get the Bentley or the Syko, personally, Ive tried the syko and it's blade is horrible for receiving passes. The Bentley is Warrior's lowest price point and while its durable, its very heavy compared to some other sticks in that price range. Obviously the more $$ the better

Really? i thought the Syko was/is great for its price. I found it to be a solid stick, probably one of the best at its price point.

Do you mean the blade pattern is horrible for passes or the blade itself?

Bentley is decent for a cheap ass stick, 590 g isnt that bad actually, hell a R4 is like 560

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Really? i thought the Syko was/is great for its price. I found it to be a solid stick, probably one of the best at its price point.

Do you mean the blade pattern is horrible for passes or the blade itself?

Bentley is decent for a cheap ass stick, 590 g isnt that bad actually, hell a R4 is like 560

Actually, I personally thought it was horrible, so does one of my defenseman teammates, who bought it cuz he was told it was good for slapshots, he had the same point as I did.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
Actually, I personally thought it was horrible, so does one of my defenseman teammates, who bought it cuz he was told it was good for slapshots, he had the same point as I did.

I guess thats why there is so many sticks out there, we cant all like the same one :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad