Rumor: Could Richards Return... & How Would You Feel About That?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The one definite plus I can think of if he comes back is that my WC Richards jersey will be relevant again, albeit without the "C." Ugh. And the number #18. Nevermind.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
If I could just taste the Stanley once, I wouldn't care about anything thereafter as far as the Flyers go. If they sucked, atleast the would-be Flyers cup tattoo on my ass would still count.

MadFerIt95*

It wouldn't be a good idea but I could never hate the idea of Mike Richards playing in Philadelphia again, love that guy.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
We don't have the cap space + if they dump him, it's for salary reasons, they won't accept another big contract. We would need to trade a player to another team first. Very unlikely

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
If kings retained salary or if the flyers are in a good position financially I would love it. I know he's not the same player but he's still my favorite Flyer since Lindros.

CTU2fan

Jul 12, 2009
I'd like him back but as everyone has said he really doesn't fit. I'd do Vinny + RJ for Richie but that's absolutely brutal for LA even if they actually could do that with their cap woes.

I might even do Richards for Vinny which saves LA money but still awful for LA because Vinny is utterly useless. And that makes our cap situation worse down the road when it's time to re-sign Voracek.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Vinny's contract is actually better than Richards'. Vinny has three years left at $4.5M after this year compared to Richards who has five at $5.75M. If Vinny retires early there's no penalties that come it like there would be with Richards as well.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hell no to Richards. He makes Lecavaliers contract look like a blessing.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
2009 Richards? Yes sir.
2014 Richards on that huge contract? uhhhh

The fan in me would love to break out the #18 jersey again. He was so under appreciated here. He did so many of the little things right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad