Sportsnet Could Penguins give the Bruins trouble if they make it into the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I will never forget this and when the playoffs start, regular season records mean shit… Don’t take any team lightly.

“In the 2013–14 season, the Bruins won the Presidents' Trophy after finishing first in the newly formed Atlantic Division with a record of 54–19–9 for 117 points. Their regular season success, however, would not translate into another Eastern Conference Finals appearance. Despite winning their first-round series against the Detroit Red Wings, the team fell to the Canadiens in seven games in the Eastern Conference Semi-finals during the 2014 playoffs.”

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I hate to be disrespectful to another NHL franchise, especially one with one of the best players of all time currently on its roster, but reading the title, without hesitation, my response is no. Not even close.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Teams I fear

TORONTO - If getting the gorilla of not winning a first-round series off their backs could make them dangerous.

TAMPA BAY - They know the real season begins on April 17th

The Metro survivor

The West???? - Edmonton and Vegas must be feared but the reality is whoever the survivor is will be a tough draw.

Out west? Colorado ramping it back up with the way Compher stepped up and replaced Kadri as a two-way centre.

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
The Penguins tandem of Jarry/DeSmith sucks so bad. There is no way in hell Ullmark/Swayman lose more games than them.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Between Florida, the Isles, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh. I’d rather play Pittsburgh.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Any of the teams they play could give them problems in the playoffs,they have had a great regular season obviously,but sorry come playoffs it means nothing,just ask Tampa and Detroit who the Bruins are currently tied for having the best regular season.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
I think pittsburgh is the best matchup for the bs but obviously any team will be tough and once you are in the playoffs anything can happen. Ita up to them to make things easy.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
In playoff hockey, people start getting and playing hurt, you often do not know how bad. That can be the great equalizer.

Fear everyone and put them away as fast as possible.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The regular season was and is great watch but the playoffs are a different animal everything is magnified every game is a new challenge ,injuries will be common for all teams but players will give everything to gut it out and play we will probably never know about them until July . These games can change on one shift either way good or bad which can change momentum for that game and possibly the series..............I believe this Bruins team is probably built for a strong deep playoff run and possible Cup winner . I have been a harsh critic of Sweeney in the past and I am sure I will be in the future but he has put together one of the most talented and deep ,and entertaining teams to watch in many years , and not just Bruins teams but in the NHL . So I say this Bruins enjoy and support this team . I also suggest don't listen to those idiots in the media FELGER and others who just are starting to get on board . I say let them talk about the boring NBA, and the NFL draft and other crap that they like talk about for hours on end...............LETS GO BRUINS , and Bruins fans enjoy you deserve this...........

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Been thinking about this .The Bruins are really deep & would wear Shittsburgh down bigtime.The fact this is even talked about shows how afraid of Boston that Toronto media is.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Any of the teams they play could give them problems in the playoffs,they have had a great regular season obviously,but sorry come playoffs it means nothing,just ask Tampa and Detroit who the Bruins are currently tied for having the best regular season.
Why do people feel the need to keep posting stuff like this?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Why do people feel the need to keep posting stuff like this?
I don’t know maybe because it’s true,and pretty sure come Monday the Bruins players will be thinking the same thing or they better be ,if you think because they had an incredible regular season it means automatic success in the playoffs you would be wrong.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don’t know maybe because it’s true,and pretty sure come Monday the Bruins players will be thinking the same thing or they better be ,if you think because they had an incredible regular season it means automatic success in the playoffs you would be wrong.
Literally no one thinks there’s automatic success. Nobody. And the Tampa thing has been well documented don’t you think? Let’s just stipulate that the Bruins actually have to play the games.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Literally no one thinks there’s automatic success. Nobody. And the Tampa thing has been well documented don’t you think? Let’s just stipulate that the Bruins actually have to play the games.
So basically what I said cant take any team for granted ,it’s a clean slate for the playoffs was my original point not sure why it bothered you so much,I would definitely bet money on them winning against any team,would I be real surprised if they didn’t not really.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I will never forget this and when the playoffs start, regular season records mean shit… Don’t take any team lightly.

“In the 2013–14 season, the Bruins won the Presidents' Trophy after finishing first in the newly formed Atlantic Division with a record of 54–19–9 for 117 points. Their regular season success, however, would not translate into another Eastern Conference Finals appearance. Despite winning their first-round series against the Detroit Red Wings, the team fell to the Canadiens in seven games in the Eastern Conference Semi-finals during the 2014 playoffs.”

Should have swept that f***ing series. Chiarelli trading Boychuk right before the season and never replacing him remains a travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad