WEEI Could Patrice Bergeron return to the Bruins this season?

Could Patrice Bergeron return to the Bruins this season?

• Yes

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 85.6%

• Total voters

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Personally, I hope he stays retired. I lost a lot of respect for him at the end of last year. I don’t need to see him be one of those Gronk types who try to make everyone focus on them instead of the team. He was a great player, but the team is winning and we don’t need the distraction.
I can see him doing it, however. He seems to be deliberately trying to pop up here and there to draw attention to himself whether it’s an alumni game or selling Sals Pizza.
Stay retired until it’s time to hang number 37 from the rafters where it belongs. We don’t need to see it on the ice again.
Yikes.....Terrible post...terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
It’s not weird at all. Guy has a family and a life outside of hockey. I think it’s easy to look at being a pro athlete as a dreamy, great paying job. Reality is you sacrifice a ton of your life.
Yeah but one last run? Has to be crazy tempting after the way he went out.
But anyway, he said he’s out, he’s out

Reactions: lopey

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yeah but one last run? Has to be crazy tempting after the way he went out.
But anyway, he said he’s out, he’s out

He had been contemplating retirement prior to this offseason. He was in the “one last run” mindset before this past summer. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not the slightest bit tempting. Moving on in life can be pretty important to happiness.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
He had been contemplating retirement prior to this offseason. He was in the “one last run” mindset before this past summer. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not the slightest bit tempting. Moving on in life can be pretty important to happiness.
Oh I get it, but the guy won the Selke last year and may be the missing piece in a cup; what a way that would have been to wrap it up.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Oh I get it, but the guy won the Selke last year and may be the missing piece in a cup; what a way that would have been to wrap it up.

I guess I just don’t think of it that way. There is no “missing piece” to success. It’s all one collective team that faces infinite scenarios. Team got more than one apparent "missing piece" last year in Orlov, Hathaway and Bertuzzi and bowed out in the first round.

Bergeron could have played until he was 50. And as long as the team wasn't terrible the year after he retired, we would have heard about how he may be the "missing piece" to winning a Cup and should consider returning. To me, it's a narrative-driven more by nostalgic, dreamy fans than hockey itself. It's not a literal machine that you can just swap out pieces. It's one singular team needing constant refinement and practice. Calling even someone of Bergeron's historical caliber the "missing piece" to winning a Championship is very flawed thinking IMO.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Personally, I hope he stays retired. I lost a lot of respect for him at the end of last year. I don’t need to see him be one of those Gronk types who try to make everyone focus on them instead of the team. He was a great player, but the team is winning and we don’t need the distraction.
I can see him doing it, however. He seems to be deliberately trying to pop up here and there to draw attention to himself whether it’s an alumni game or selling Sals Pizza.
Stay retired until it’s time to hang number 37 from the rafters where it belongs. We don’t need to see it on the ice again.
Bergeron has spent his entire career as a Bruin with nothing but class and helped bring the Cup home for fans like me who was born in late 60s and to young to enjoy 70-72. So if Bergeron wants to pop up here at any time it's fine by me.That man helped erase alot of heartache as a Bruin fan personally and I am sure thousands of other long suffering Bruins fans :thumbu:

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Is this satire?

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I have to say that when I read this thread title I started running for some popcorn. I don’t think there’s a chance at all that Bergeron will return.
Having said that, if he did I would welcome that decision with open arms. Come on folks, it’s not like Bergeron was some old slow guy on the ice. He easily could play longer and contribute a lot….a rested and healthy Bergeron returning to the team for a playoff run would be awesome in my books.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Bergeron has spent his entire career as a Bruin with nothing but class and helped bring the Cup home for fans like me who was born in late 60s and to young to enjoy 70-72. So if Bergeron wants to pop up here at any time it's fine by me.That man helped erase alot of heartache as a Bruin fan personally and I am sure thousands of other long suffering Bruins fans :thumbu:

I guess I just don’t think of it that way. There is no “missing piece” to success. It’s all one collective team that faces infinite scenarios. Team got more than one apparent "missing piece" last year in Orlov, Hathaway and Bertuzzi and bowed out in the first round.

Bergeron could have played until he was 50. And as long as the team wasn't terrible the year after he retired, we would have heard about how he may be the "missing piece" to winning a Cup and should consider returning. To me, it's a narrative-driven more by nostalgic, dreamy fans than hockey itself. It's not a literal machine that you can just swap out pieces. It's one singular team needing constant refinement and practice. Calling even someone of Bergeron's historical caliber the "missing piece" to winning a Championship is very flawed thinking IMO.
I was going to say except for Bourque when he won the Cup with the Avs, but he never retired he was traded mid-season, the season prior.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Even the real Ozzy O, on his most drug addled of days (and that’s saying something), wouldn’t spew such bullshit about Bergie deliberately popping up here and there because he wants to attract attention to himself.

What complete and utter bullshit. Truly, just total stinking bullshit. Shame on you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad