Cory Schneider -- Our Saviour

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC
After many disgruntled days as a bitter Canucks fan, it finally hit me. All it takes is belief, belief in the red headed legend, Cory Schneider.

When Cory Schneider graces the presence of the Canucks net, it seems as though winning is the only possibility. He constantly proves the disbelievers wrong, and every game is progressively solidifying himself as 'The Perfect Goalie.'

If you are a believer that Cory Schneider is our saviour, please post so. We must assemble ourselves as 'Cory's Army.'

2013: Cory Schneider wins the Stanley Cup.

schneids.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC
But actually, he's been nothing but stellar for us, and seems to thrive under pressure.
I think his calm presence in the net can be what it takes for us to make noise in the playoffs. Often it really does just come down to goaltending.

ZenMaster*

Doesn't Corey Schneider and Tukka Rask possess some of the greatest NHL goalie stats of all time in terms of starts?

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
My name is Taco Fingerhat and Cory Schneider is my saviour!!!

I think we make a good playoff run. We finally get to sneak into the playoffs as a lower threat. We're totally off the grid. Cory is rounding into form at the perfect time. I believe in Cory and I believe in this thread!

/I've seen worse threads you guys. At least this one is positive.

Kip96

Feb 8, 2010
West Coast
Schneider is a great goalie and so is Luongo

The problem is that this team does not score enough goals in the playoffs to win. Cory was great vs LA allowing just 1 goal in regulation each game he played and he still lost 2 out of 3

If Kesler doesn't come back in beast mode and the team can't get secondary scoring it will be the same thing this year no matter who's in net

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC

I think we make a good playoff run. We finally get to sneak into the playoffs as a lower threat. We're totally off the grid. Cory is rounding into form at the perfect time. I believe in Cory and I believe in this thread!

Welcome to the MCA.

(Member's of Cory's Army)

salute.jpg

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC
Schneider is a great goalie and so is Luongo

The problem is that this team does not score enough goals in the playoffs to win. Cory was great vs LA allowing just 1 goal in regulation each game he played and he still lost 2 out of 3

If Kesler doesn't come back in beast mode and the team can't get secondary scoring it will be the same thing this year no matter who's in net

I think that Derek Roy really will make a huge difference.
At times last year we were completely reliant on the Sedin's scoring, with Kesler playing shut down. Derek Roy is an underrated player after his one mediocre season in Buffalo, but has always been a super effective player. Both Roy and Kesler are both as good as you can ask for when it comes to a second line C, great to have two guys of that calibre providing support on separate lines.
I think a lot will come down to how effective our dmen are. I find our whole dcore fairly inconsistent at time, they need to be sharp moving the puck.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Even though I am a huge Lu fan, over the last few years I have just been blown away by the way Cory Schneider plays. His positioning and leg movement and leg strength are just insane. He is an absolute treat to watch play. I really hope he can consistently stay solid in the playoffs. I remember at times last season where Lu would go on a hot streak and then Schneider would go on a streak, but I still felt that Schneider was just a better goalie even when compared to Lu's best streaks. I was a little worried for the first part of the season when he didn't seem himself, but I am so damn happy that he is roaring-heh- back into form.

I always thought Luongo's glove was faster though. Is it true or is it just me?

I think that Derek Roy really will make a huge difference.
At times last year we were completely reliant on the Sedin's scoring, with Kesler playing shut down. Derek Roy is an underrated player after his one mediocre season in Buffalo, but has always been a super effective player. Both Roy and Kesler are both as good as you can ask for when it comes to a second line C, great to have two guys of that calibre providing support on separate lines.
I think a lot will come down to how effective our dmen are. I find our whole dcore fairly inconsistent at time, they need to be sharp moving the puck.

I totally agree. The entire team just seemed really off for the last half of last season. I still don't think they have fully recovered, but with Roy in the lineup I think it has injected some energy into this team. I am more worried about our D than anything else this season. Bieksa (possibly a bit injured) and Hamhuis and Edler (could he still be having back problems? i hope not) just seem to be off. Hopefully the playoffs will snap some sense into Edler.

For last season's playoffs, our team was probably pretty down after Dan's concussion. Henrik was playing out of his mind, but Kesler was really broken and required surgery in the offseason. This season, we have both of the Sedins, hopefully a healthy Kesler and Derek Roy. 3 legit C's vs. last season's Henrik is a huge difference. If Schneider can hold the fort until our d wakes up, it could be fun times for Canucks fans.

Last edited:

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
The only way the Canucks win the cup is if Cory wins the Conn Smythe.

He's so calm and positionally sound. I've haven't had this much faith in a goalie since Luongo '06-'07.

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC

you have spawned the official avatar of the MCA.

image.php

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
quality thread. would subscribe to your mailing list.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I wouldn't say I have THAT much confidence in Schneider as I did with Luongo in 2010-2011, but it's somewhat close.

It's those random starts like the one against Edmonton where he let in the first 2 shots of the game, I know every goalie has their bad day, but sometimes Cory just doesn't have that composure and position like he does on top of his game (like Luongo in a way).

I'm confident with both our goalies, but not as much as I was with Luongo back in 2011.

freakydave

Feb 10, 2004
otp.phpbbweb.com
I wouldn't say I have THAT much confidence in Schneider as I did with Luongo in 2010-2011, but it's somewhat close.

It's those random starts like the one against Edmonton where he let in the first 2 shots of the game, I know every goalie has their bad day, but sometimes Cory just doesn't have that composure and position like he does on top of his game (like Luongo in a way).

I'm confident with both our goalies, but not as much as I was with Luongo back in 2011.

C'mon--
You have to give hall some credit--they wiped the ice with luongo when he came in too

It's not like Lu shut the door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad