Cory Schneider -- Our Saviour

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Yes, they're average numbers. I never said that Schneider would collapse, only that over the next 7odd games, we'll see Schneider come down to earth and play like an average Nhl goalie. I'm not buying the savior stuff.

BTW - what have I said wrong? I'm just giving an opinion and prediction, that could be wrong - but is not proven right or wrong yet.

Average save percentage this year appears to be .912. If he does get .920 over the last stretch that would be above average.

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_SavePercentage.php

The difference between .912 and .920 is pretty negligible over 5-7 games. It would only be one goal and pretty meaningless. Over the course of 60 games though, the difference between .912 and .920 means 12 goals.

Schneider's career save percentage is around .927 over 85 full games. The difference seems to be around 36 goals saved vs. an average goaltender over that period.

Lindt

Apr 28, 2010
Yes, they're average numbers. I never said that Schneider would collapse, only that over the next 7odd games, we'll see Schneider come down to earth and play like an average Nhl goalie. I'm not buying the savior stuff.

BTW - what have I said wrong? I'm just giving an opinion and prediction, that could be wrong - but is not proven right or wrong yet.

Again - if you think those numbers are average then you must also concede Luongo is a below averae goaltender. Is that true?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->