Cory Schneider has lost 21 straight starts

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Crazy how much NJ's goaltending situation has changed in the past few months. Went from possibly the worst in the league (Struggling Kinkaid & Schneider; unknown Blackwood) to a potential strength heading into next season.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
2wxu36.gif

Sorry, had to :rolleyes:

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Remember when people thought Vancouver got hosed (I was one of them) in the Schneider trade

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Didn't want to create a new thread but only 4 goals allowed in the last 3 games. Schneider not dead yet or just a flash in the pan?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
And the Canucks haven’t had a good goalie ever since. Also Horvat is overrated .

this aged even more poorly than the last time this was bumped. Markstrom is a vezina caliber goalie and Horvat is the captain of an NHL team

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Didn't want to create a new thread but only 4 goals allowed in the last 3 games. Schneider not dead yet or just a flash in the pan?
He played well at the end of last year and then was a sieve again to start this season. It's tough to say. But he's a great person and a good veteran for a young team, so the Devils will continue to give him chances to see if he can build his trade value back up. If he plays solid next season as the backup to Blackwood, they can trade him to somebody who has their starter get hurt. They might be able to get a mid round pick if they retain salary.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
this aged even more poorly than the last time this was bumped. Markstrom is a vezina caliber goalie and Horvat is the captain of an NHL team

It's just one season; we don't know what's going to happen next season. Also, we're on the verge of missing the playoffs.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Makes me happy to see Scheider getting good again. Felt so bad for him and i really did think he was done. If he stays consistent what a redemption story.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Good for him to get back on track.

You never want to see a guy go through what he did. Can't be good for your mental health.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
I really do hope Cory can carry this play into next year. Having Blackwood play 50g and a healthy confident Schneider play 32g would be fantastic. Blackwood is the future of the team but Cory playing a bunch would help in Mac’s development. Plus he is just a good guy plain and simple. Through all of this he has put his head down and just worked to get back. Nothing but respect for the man.

Reactions: Fixxer

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
Sneider is a good dude. Hate the Canucks but always liked sneider. Glad to see him doing better. He could have easily been out of the league by now

Reactions: Fixxer

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
It's just one season; we don't know what's going to happen next season. Also, we're on the verge of missing the playoffs.
Yeah I think Markstrom for emo Lu and Bo for broken Corey is good.

How much of a Benning Bro need you be to disagree?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Good for him to get back on track.

You never want to see a guy go through what he did. Can't be good for your mental health.
He’s been playing like a back up goalie for three seasons getting paid $6 million a year. The fans and ownership are the ones that have had poor mental health from this clown. I hope he donated half of his salary to charity.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Still maintain that the worst thing to happen to Schneider was John Hynes.

Bad system + bad injury luck. Amazing what happens when the D doesn't treat the puck carrier like a retriever with a rubber ball.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

That doesn't effectively argue against my point at all. The Canucks got a top 10 pick who became their captain for a goalie and then traded an aging goalie on an awful 10 year contract for a younger goalie and a roster player. The goalie they got back is now finally reaching his potential and what does not making the playoffs do to make those things not true? As for saying you don't know what's going to happen next season, well, duh. That's why teams play the games, not award the cup in September to the most improved looking team on paper.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00