Cory Schneider has lost 21 straight starts

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
He's been pretty rough, but he's had some bad luck with the Devils deciding to play terrible in front of him whenever he gets a rare start.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Woah Nelly.

He should have had that one win if the Devils didnt score three own goals, bu that stat is crazy.

Eh, idk about that given how bad he has looked since last year. He had a good playoffs and won a game for them, but what he has been over the past 2 and a half seasons is what he probably is now. So I wouldn't be too sure he wouldn't have found a way to get the loss in that game even without 3 own goals.

That is a shame, always liked him and NJ was on the rise.

Don't know much about his health problems but I can't imagine he is done already is he?

He has almost zero explosiveness in his lateral movement, and when he does move, he looks slow. He very well could be done if he he is unable to move at a NHL level.

Reactions: BlueBaron

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Behind that garbage defence, it's not a walk in the park for a goalie.
True, but even if the Devils keep shots to the outside... they still go in on Cory
he literally is down on his knees before any and every shot and he can't move side to side anymore, I think he's finished
Injuries suck

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
his hip surgery is a long and tough recovery. was reading it usually takes 2 years until he would be back to 100 percent. Hope he sticks around long enough to find out.

Yea, I think it's clear that's the main reason for his play, so hopefully it's possible he can still get his body back to where it needs to be to be a good goalie again, as I've always like Schneider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad