Corvo

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
:madfire:

If we were trying to sacrifice him to the hockey gods, they would reject him and force us to keep him on our team for eternity.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Oh man, as a Kings fan I was curious to come on here to see people's thoughts on Corvo. Looks like he hasn't changed one bit and still can't play a lick of defense.

La Huracanista

Nov 28, 2009
Raleigh
Advanced stats, traditional stats, and TOI all made Corvo look like crap last year. And he's brutal to watch.

Not Corvo's fault. It's JR's.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Corvo's biggest issue isn't the constant stream of horrific decisions and turnovers, but rather the inability to skate backwards. Every other rush up the ice he's getting burnt, then has to turn around and skate alongside the opposing forward, essentially handing them an easy entry into the offensive zone (and often a scoring chance). It's so brutal to watch.

It's not his fault, though. Why someone who cannot execute basic aspects of playing defense is relied on to play 20+ minutes a game is solely the fault of Jim Rutherford. You can't really even blame Muller, given that he's already playing Pitkanen-Faulk for 25 minutes. The fact that Muller has to choose between Corvo, Harrison, McBain and Sanguinetti for a top 4 spot is a total joke.

Last edited:

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
****ing offer sheet Subban if we get the chance. I don't care if it takes every $ to the cap, and I know it's a 1st/2nd/3rd, but we draft ****** anyway.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
****ing offer sheet Subban if we get the chance. I don't care if it takes every $ to the cap, and I know it's a 1st/2nd/3rd, but we draft ****** anyway.

Haha, this.

Offer sheet Subban, hopefully acquire him.

See if Holland would do the McBain + LaRose for Filppula trade proposed.

Dress this:

Jokinen-Eric-Semin
Skinner-Jordan-Dalpe/Boychuk
Tlusty-Filppula-Bowman
Westgarth-Brent-Dwyer
Wallace

Pitkanen-Faulk
Subban-Gleason
Harrison-Sangs/Corvo

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Haha, this.

Offer sheet Subban, hopefully acquire him.

See if Holland would do the McBain + LaRose for Filppula trade proposed.

Dress this:

Jokinen-Eric-Semin
Skinner-Jordan-Dalpe/Boychuk
Tlusty-Filppula-Bowman
Westgarth-Brent-Dwyer
Wallace

Pitkanen-Faulk
Subban-Gleason
Harrison-Sangs/Corvo

But that would require a competent GM who can make two consecutive moves without messing one up in between.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Advanced stats, traditional stats, and TOI all made Corvo look like crap last year. And he's brutal to watch.

Not Corvo's fault. It's JR's.

EXCELLENT point. Why blame Corvo for being Corvo? He's 35 years old and has been in the league 10 years. His level is well-established, and on top of that well-established, very low level of talent, he's on the clear downside of his career. He sucks. But it's not his fault that he sucks. He is what he is.

It's up to JR to keep sucky players off the roster, and Muller to keep sucky players out of the lineup. Corvo is playing like Joe Corvo. Blaming him for not playing like (insert name of some player better than Joe Corvo here) is not logical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad