OT: Coronavirus XXXI: Tighter Alberta Restrictions Through The Holiday Season, Stay Safe Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just to continue here Hk97 quoted Duckett to end last thread.

This is Duckett, who has severe axe to grind with Alberta ever since he was fired by AHS after doing a dismal job here, ample complaints about his work culminating in the cookie incident.
AHS CEO loses his high-paying job because of a cookie (mediatrainingtoronto.com)

I mean this has to be noted that he can't be taken seriously as if he's any level commentator on what goes on here. He was deplorable in his position here.

He also got 800K for getting fired eating the cookie.

yeah, no interest in seeing that guy quoted here.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
'Prohibition doesn't work. Abstinence doesn't work': Edmonton restaurant group calls for non-essential lockdown

Eorn69ZUwAU9vUg

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Just to continue here Hk97 quoted Duckett to end last thread.

This is Duckett, who has severe axe to grind with Alberta ever since he was fired by AHS after doing a dismal job here, ample complaints about his work culminating in the cookie incident.
AHS CEO loses his high-paying job because of a cookie (mediatrainingtoronto.com)

I mean this has to be noted that he can't be taken seriously as if he's any level commentator on what goes on here. He was deplorable in his position here.

He also got 800K for getting fired eating the cookie.

yeah, no interest in seeing that guy quoted here.

Sure... anyone who doesn't agree with your narrative is "deplorable".

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You're lol citing him again. Do you know who Stephen Duckett is? Cookie incident. He's the most disgraced AHS spokesperson Alberta has EVER had. Who was summarily fired, even with the govt having to pay out 8ooK severance, gladly, and getting his toxic waste out of town.

I can't even imagine anybody that even remotely follows local affairs that wouldn't know, or remember this disgraced character. Who apparently had to fly around the world to find a job where people don't know anything about him.

You really continue to cite anybody. its like you have no memory whatsoever.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sure... anyone who doesn't agree with your narrative is "deplorable".

You're citing the ex Alberta AHS just cause fired Stephen Duckett without the slightest indication of what his record is. When presented with it you defend your choice attempting to make it about me.

I don't know anybody in Alberta that didn't think this guy is one major asshat. This guy was a TOXIC hire.

Do you even comprehend the term axe to grind? What it means, how it furthers comments?

Be honest, you didn't even know who this guy was until you googled a confirmation bias hit.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You're lol citing him again. Do you know who Stephen Duckett is? Cookie incident. He's the most disgraced AHS spokesperson Alberta has EVER had. Who was summarily fired, even with the govt having to pay out 8ooK severance, gladly, and getting his toxic waste out of town.

I can't even imagine anybody that even remotely follows local affairs that wouldn't know, or remember this disgraced character. Who apparently had to fly around the world to find a job where people don't know anything about him.

You really continue to cite anybody. its like you have no memory whatsoever.

I know and knew who he was. Lol, who cares about the cookie incident. You have no idea the exact reason he left the position.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I know and knew who he was. Lol, who cares about the cookie incident. You have no idea the exact reason he left the position.

He was fired. It isn't any mystery.

lol that you state "he left the position"

I even provided the links and you still don't know what happened.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
He was fired. It isn't any mystery.

lol that you state "he left the position"

He was fired because of the cookie incident... doesn't mean he wasnt a very strong medical expert advisor. He just had a snafu with the media but the man was highly respected for his actual work in the field.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
may as well post it

This is the source @HK97 is using today.

The guy ate his cookie, and got paid 8ooK for being a disaster hire here. The arrogance of which was catastrophic image problems of a soon to be deposed govt.

The ring and stench of this had still not disappeared 2yrs later.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Didn’t get the rise you were looking for when you posted it the first time? OK, I’ll bite.

First of all this group seems to have been established only this year and in specific response to covid. Lets not pretend it is some long standing, well respected group of people with a proven track record of working hard to better the hospitality industry in Edmonton. Their website gives no clue who is included in their ‘membership’ but they claim to speak for the staggering number of ‘dozens’ of Edmonton businesses. :rolleyes:

Reading their propaganda it’s quite clear that they are all in favour of being bailed out by the government. They want to

- suspend all payments (leases, loans, LOCs, even credit cards for as long as the pandemic lasts.

- suspend all rent and mortgage payments for retail AND residential properties for three months.

- introduce a UBI of $2000/month for everyone.

- receive a cash payment from the government for every business affected equal to the last month of pre covid sales.

- continue EI payments to everyone for sixty days AFTER they have returned to work.

- receive ‘relief’ payments for lost revenue back dated to March of this year.

- suspend all negative credit reporting and allow businesses/people to ‘put their name on a list’ that would shield them from anyone knowing about their bad credit.

- receive rent relief and eviction protection now and up to a period covering 120 days after the AHS declares the pandemic over.

I know what I think of this group and their transparent agenda, but I’ll refrain from commenting and let their own words speak for themselves. I’ll drop the link to their website here so the board can judge for themselves whether this group is legitimately in favour of lockdowns or just hoping to pressure the government into more handouts.

https://www.yegihc.com/

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
COVID-19 vaccine: UK regulators warn people with history of 'significant' allergic reactions not to have Pfizer/BioNTech jab
UK regulators have issued a warning that people who have a history of "significant" allergic reactions should not currently receive the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

Two NHS staff members who had the jab yesterday experienced allergic reactions. Both are understood to have a significant history of allergic reactions to the extent they carry adrenaline with them.

EDIT: To be clear, for anyone not reading the full article, apparently this is quite normal for many vaccines, but it was not really expected from this type of vaccine since it is considered more pure. Also both of them are recovering.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
It is amazing how quickly some realizations turn from conspiracy to fact in these Covid times.

LILLEY: Ford government talks of 'immunity passport' for COVID vaccine | Toronto Sun

Quote:

"The minister said that the government won’t force a COVID vaccine on anyone but cautioned there would be consequences for those who don’t take it...

That’s their choice, this is not going to be a mandatory campaign. It will be voluntary. There may be some restrictions that may be placed on people that don’t have vaccines for travel purposes, to be able to go to theatres and other places,” Elliott said.

Asked by another reporter whether the government would be providing proof of vaccination, Elliott doubled down.

“Yes, because that’s going to be really important for people to have for travel purposes, perhaps for work purposes, for going to theatres or cinemas or any other places where people will be in closer physical contact,” Elliott said
." End Quote

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
This leads to...

KINSELLA: Who gets the vaccine first? | Ottawa Sun

Which also leads to...

A COVID-19 Vaccine For Children May Still Be Many Months Away

"Children are not just small adults," said Dr. Sallie Permar, a professor of pediatrics, microbiology and immunology at the Duke University School of Medicine...even when those vaccines hit the market, they will not be available to children. That's because very few children have been part of the clinical trials to date. Pfizer only recently began enrolling children as young as 12."

Prediction appears to be late summer/fall for Canada. That's for kids 12 to 18.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
It is amazing how quickly some realizations turn from conspiracy to fact in these Covid times.

LILLEY: Ford government talks of 'immunity passport' for COVID vaccine | Toronto Sun

Quote:

"The minister said that the government won’t force a COVID vaccine on anyone but cautioned there would be consequences for those who don’t take it...

That’s their choice, this is not going to be a mandatory campaign. It will be voluntary. There may be some restrictions that may be placed on people that don’t have vaccines for travel purposes, to be able to go to theatres and other places,” Elliott said.

Asked by another reporter whether the government would be providing proof of vaccination, Elliott doubled down.

“Yes, because that’s going to be really important for people to have for travel purposes, perhaps for work purposes, for going to theatres or cinemas or any other places where people will be in closer physical contact,” Elliott said
." End Quote

Reducing the possibility of mass virus spread is far from many of the conspiracy theories being bandied about with this. But I can see how simple it is to make some people think this way.

Reactions: Senor Catface

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Reducing the possibility of mass virus spread is far from many of the conspiracy theories being bandied about with this. But I can see how simple it is to make some people think this way.

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here? Government issued immunity passports were considered silly just a few months ago. Are you saying everyone expected this development? Do you really see no issues with such a measure?

I didn't think the odds were high that Ontario would implement such a measure. I wouldn't have bet on it, but I gather you did. I guess that is why I am a not a betting man. Heh.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here? Government issued immunity passports were considered silly just a few months ago. Are you saying everyone expected this development? Do you really see no issues with such a measure?

I didn't think the odds were high that Ontario would implement such a measure. I wouldn't have bet on it, but I gather you did. I guess that is why I am a not a betting man. Heh.

No, what was considered silly was the idea that such passports were part of a bigger and more nefarious plot to...well, it's never really clear what the endgame of the conspiracy was, but most people here acknowledged the possibility that some proof of vaccination would be required for certain activities.

Reactions: Dorian2

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Didn’t get the rise you were looking for when you posted it the first time? OK, I’ll bite.

First of all this group seems to have been established only this year and in specific response to covid. Lets not pretend it is some long standing, well respected group of people with a proven track record of working hard to better the hospitality industry in Edmonton. Their website gives no clue who is included in their ‘membership’ but they claim to speak for the staggering number of ‘dozens’ of Edmonton businesses. :rolleyes:

Reading their propaganda it’s quite clear that they are all in favour of being bailed out by the government. They want to

- suspend all payments (leases, loans, LOCs, even credit cards for as long as the pandemic lasts.

- suspend all rent and mortgage payments for retail AND residential properties for three months.

- introduce a UBI of $2000/month for everyone.

- receive a cash payment from the government for every business affected equal to the last month of pre covid sales.

- continue EI payments to everyone for sixty days AFTER they have returned to work.

- receive ‘relief’ payments for lost revenue back dated to March of this year.

- suspend all negative credit reporting and allow businesses/people to ‘put their name on a list’ that would shield them from anyone knowing about their bad credit.

- receive rent relief and eviction protection now and up to a period covering 120 days after the AHS declares the pandemic over.

I know what I think of this group and their transparent agenda, but I’ll refrain from commenting and let their own words speak for themselves. I’ll drop the link to their website here so the board can judge for themselves whether this group is legitimately in favour of lockdowns or just hoping to pressure the government into more handouts.

https://www.yegihc.com/

Sounds like an org with a lot of good ideas, thanks for raising awareness.

Reactions: HK97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad