GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I see you haven't noticed me in your attic yet. :naughty:

g2HkRzC.gif

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Kenny is asking Albertans to stop any social gatherings at home.

Other gatherings only 15 person limit.

Limit to only 3 cohorts.

Only play on one sports team.

Daily reporting of case numbers starting this weekend.

Still technical issues with data.
I'm glad they haven't decided to close gyms again. They're doing a good job in the city rec centres.

Reactions: ujju2

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I'm glad they haven't decided to close gyms again. They're doing a good job in the city rec centres.

Media already questioning why there isn't a lockdown because they're still appealing to people to be responsible with new measures and it hasn't worked for months.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Media already questioning why there isn't a lockdown because they're still appealing to people to be responsible with new measures and it hasn't worked for months.

Huh? You think a lock down will stop this virus.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Either People Die from Covid or they Die from not getting medical attention because of service suspensions. Pick your poison seems like people just don't wanna die from covid. Everything else is fine.

With all due respect you were one of the posters telling us all along everything is fine and theres no problem with Covid. So how can you have this expressed concern now that hospitals are overwhelmed becasue of Covid? Kind of specious to be saying everything is fine and this is only inordinate attention to covid cases when convenient and then saying everything is fine when hospital numbers skyrocket.

At least the couple other posters that were saying Covid is nothing all along have stopped posting, entirely.

Reactions: HK97

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
With all due respect you were one of the posters telling us all along everything is fine and theres no problem with Covid. So how can you have this expressed concern now that hospitals are overwhelmed becasue of Covid? Kind of specious to be saying everything is fine only when convenient and then saying everything is fine when hospital numbers skyrocket.

At least the couple other posters that were saying Covid is nothing all along have stopped posting, entirely.
Consistently shifting the narrative to support their feelings at the time.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Janet Riopel, president and CEO of the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce, would not be impressed with this statement. She is asking that you do exactly the opposite of that.

The 90% of us that give a shit about our fellow man are glad to support local businesses. Just need the 10% who don’t care to lock themselves in their basements for the next month.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Jason Kenney is scum. A truly reprehensible man.

He just said, if people don't follow these new measures (and they sure as s*** wont), then he'll go to more stringent measures. He and Hinshaw has been saying this for months now.... has he not figured out people simply aren't going to follow these guidelines??? Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results. What a putz.

*DISCLAIMER* Comment made in relation to live press conference Jason Kenney was giving in relation to COVID-19

Last edited:
Reactions: ujju2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The 90% of us that give a shit about our fellow man are glad to support local businesses. Just need the 10% who don’t care to lock themselves in their basements for the next month.

I'll support restaurants that offer a takeout option. I won't support ones that expect me to eat indoors, in public places, during a pandemic. Can't force me or anybody else to go. Is Janet Riopel texting all this from a crowded resto and indulging in lol dining in Edmonton week (could there be a worse time?)

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
countries that adopted lockdowns when COVID-19 cases were still low experienced much better epidemiological outcomes relative to countries that intervened when cases were already high.
I agree completely. Imagine how many lives could have been saved if everyone had put on a mask from day one instead of listening to WHO, Tam, Fauchi etc.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He just said, if people don't follow these new measures (and they sure as s*** wont), then he'll go to more stringent measures. He and Hinshaw has been saying this for months now.... has he not figured out people simply aren't going to follow these guidelines??? Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results. What a putz.

Didn't watch yet but this is sad if its indeed the case. You cant state that you're going to have more stringent restrictions if shitshow numbers happen, and then not make any further changes when shit does hit the fan. I mean are we waiting for a worse week of numbers? We'll get it.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Shit news keep on coming in here. Local hospital, which had been a covid-free hospital all through spring is on its knees after having to accept covid patients now. 75 patients recieving oxygen right now. It was a "safe haven" for people having non covid problem during the spring..

Oh, and about closed departements for Covid patients... There are 5 places (beds) in the emergency room of our hospital, 4 adult and 1 paediatric. Right now there are 11 covid patients lying around in the ER, taking up all beds and also in the corridors, waiting for places to free up in the covid wing ... So much for isolating the patients :(

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

What restrictions would you impose, when the issue is spread at home from social gatherings? They will still have their gatherings. That apparently isn’t stopping anytime soon.

Reactions: Duke74 and LaGu

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
With all due respect you were one of the posters telling us all along everything is fine and theres no problem with Covid. So how can you have this expressed concern now that hospitals are overwhelmed becasue of Covid? Kind of specious to be saying everything is fine and this is only inordinate attention to covid cases when convenient and then saying everything is fine when hospital numbers skyrocket.

Actually my position remains unchanged. Covid is nothing. Sick people will die they will either die from covid or something else.

Old people being propped up in LTC homes and being referred to as living when in fact they are only not under the ground because we refuse to allow them to pass.

Im not concerned with hospital prioritizing Covid death prevention over other. This is just the feel good story of the day.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I'll support restaurants that offer a takeout option. I won't support ones that expect me to eat indoors, in public places, during a pandemic. Can't force me or anybody else to go. Is Janet Riopel texting all this from a crowded resto and indulging in lol dining in Edmonton week (could there be a worse time?)

Mentioned in the briefing that restaurants aren’t the issue. 1% of cases coming from there. Prob more spread by having 10 buds over and ordering takeout. ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Mentioned in the briefing that restaurants aren’t the issue. 1% of cases coming from there. Prob more spread by having 10 buds over and ordering takeout. ;)

Take out for us is not anybody gathering. just for clarity. Sure you realize that probably from my posting, heh.

I don't know, in other jurisdictions and this one there has been outbreaks at several restos here, even short visit places like Tim Hortons here. Dining indoors in frequented establishments is not any good idea during a pandemic. I wouldn't enjoy the meal in anycase. Thats me, but I would feel on edge. As it is we get take out, nuke it more when we get home, scrub hands, and then eat. With our own cutlery. I won't even use the plastic ones they put in there.. Save those for some other time.

There are times where I think the govt it trying to give business a helping hand by minimizing what the issues are in the establishments. In general the resto industry has some problems with sanitary and hygiene standards at the best of times. I sure don't trust them MORE during a pandemic.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Pretty sure politics isn't allowed here, but anyways, Jason Kenney is a great leader who is doing what needs to be done.
My comment is directly in relation to how he is handling this pandemic. This province's healthcare system is buckling under this crisis and he refuses to do anything about it.

Reactions: HK97 and SK13

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I have nothing against conservatives but Kenny is a POS. You should listen to the media avail. He was basically saying "no, no we won't shut down and take away people's freedoms etc and we're appealing to people's good sense to keep numbers lower". Thus the new rules for gathering set out today... and he even said he wont really enforce them. I mean WTF is that. It's essentially doing nothing. Then near the end he goes on to state he'll input more stringent measures if this doesn't work.... the same bs line he's been spouting since september as cases grew exponentially til now.

I know plenty of business owners who have bent over backwards to make sure their business is as safe as possible. They are barely making ends meet. They are in the area of non essential businesses that would fall into the area likely to be locked down. Why punish those who are actually trying? They aren’t the problem.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Take out for us is not anybody gathering. just for clarity. Sure you realize that probably from my posting, heh.

I don't know, in other jurisdictions and this one there has been outbreaks at several restos here, even short visit places like Tim Hortons here. Dining indoors in frequented establishments is not any good idea during a pandemic. I wouldn't enjoy the meal in anycase. Thats me, but I would feel on edge. As it is we get take out, nuke it more when we get home, scrub hands, and then eat. With our own cutlery. I won't even use the plastic ones they put in there.. Save those for some other time.

There are times where I think the govt it trying to give business a helping hand by minimizing what the issues are in the establishments. In general the resto industry has some problems with sanitary and hygiene standards at the best of times. I sure don't trust them MORE during a pandemic.

Nah, no need to kill the livelihoods of good hard working people in restaurants and bars when the evidence is they are not the cause of case rises. They do a very good job of following guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad