News Article: Coronavirus Part V : Threadban Hammer For Uncompliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

On a side note, one of the doctors in the video in that link looks like someone I'd cast for a doctor in a movie about a worldwide pandemic, starring Gary Oldman.

Dr-Derek-Angus-university-of-pittsburgh-upmc-coronavirus-covid-19-1586446929.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Note that this is not actually Gary Oldman.

Reactions: booyakasha

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I've seen some posters here suggest that some of these patients were going to die from something else "anyways."[/QU
If Alberta has and 80% death rate for people over 80, and the rest of the world is at 14%, then what else is the reason for this huge difference? Every death, especially premature, is tragic. But something is going on, right? Is Alberta choosing to not help certain people, because the medical professionals know it’s not going to save that person? If so, isn’t that messed up?

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I already posted this line in my block of word posts a while ago, but:

The mortality rate for all humans on Earth is 100%.

It doesn't mean that you just adopt a "they were going to die anyway" mentality for everyone.

"The mortality rate for all humans on Earth is 100%."
This is not a fact, until the last human on earth dies....

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
@Luckylarry

AFAIK, "selective patient care" is NOT occurring in Alberta. It MAY be occurring in some parts of the world where the healthcare systems are so overloaded and/or critical equipment like ventilators are so limited that the doctors have no choice but to choose who gets more complete treatment. That is messed up, in the sense that it shows how incredibly virulent and burdening this virus is. It also isn't messed up, in the sense that doctors will always choose to save SOMEBODY instead of NOBODY.

A potential reason why the death rate is higher in Alberta for 80+ is that a lot of those patients are nursing home patients. Generally, they have other comorbidities and have preexisting difficulties with some activities of daily living, which is why they're in a nursing home in the first place.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
You realize that your grand conspiracy is relying on only a document that applies to the USA?
My god. This is ridiculous. Childs play
Btw, I think your man Trump would be all over this if it was a grand conspiracy
Why are you so eager to label the questions of fellow citizens as ‘grand conspiracies’? @guymez is perfectly right to question some of the data given that 1) WHO, the organization with the mandate here, that is supposed to be the source of our best information on something like this, has been shown to be at best inept, and at worst corrupt. 2) doctors on the ground are facing a bewildering set of symptoms and responses to the virus. 3) certain segments of society are absolutely attempting to make political gain from this crisis.

So I’ll ask again, why is it a ‘grand conspiracy’ to ask a question? Why do your posts make frequent references to ‘tinfoil’, ‘flat earth’ and things like ‘Berta, mu freedom’ etc?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
no one can...but that's not the point

Let's be clear, it was claimed:
I have been talking at length about how and why the numbers of Covid cases and deaths are wrong.
Yet more evidence.
This is from the CDC own website......note the highlighted.

Questions...what is the percentage of presumptive cases? What is the criteria for a presumed case?
Why are the presumptive cases (whatever the hell that means) being clumped together with the supposed confirmed cases? How are they able to extrapolate the correct number of covid deaths after already including the presumptive cases?
Does this qualify as science these days?
Why is the mainstream media just blindly reporting these numbers without asking questions about this?
Who is holding the CDC to task?

The CDC states:
Cases reported to CDC include those confirmed by CDC as well as presumptive positive cases reported by states. A presumptive positive result is when a patient has tested positive by a public health laboratory, but results are pending confirmation at CDC. For public health purposes, a presumptive positive result using the CDC test is treated as a positive.

There exists a clear standard and, yes, it qualifies as science.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Why are you so eager to label the questions of fellow citizens as ‘grand conspiracies’? @guymez is perfectly right to question some of the data given that 1) WHO, the organization with the mandate here, that is supposed to be the source of our best information on something like this, has been shown to be at best inept, and at worst corrupt. 2) doctors on the ground are facing a bewildering set of symptoms and responses to the virus. 3) certain segments of society are absolutely attempting to make political gain from this crisis.

So I’ll ask again, why is it a ‘grand conspiracy’ to ask a question? Why do your posts make frequent references to ‘tinfoil’, ‘flat earth’ and things like ‘Berta, mu freedom’ etc?

Downplaying the impact of the virus to support the argument about political gain is the wrong thing to be doing right now.

You can make an argument about political gain and corruption without downplaying the actual impact of the virus.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I've seen some posters here suggest that some of these patients were going to die from something else "anyways."

Thank you for stating that Cloned.

I have a 77 year old father who has swiss cheese for lungs, COPD and precancerous spots or liesons or pods or whatever they are called from heavy smoking his whole life and cant walk 20 feet without being out of breath. He will probably be dead in 3-5 years at his current pace. That is still 3-5 years of his time I have with him than the 3-5 days he may have if he got this virus.

I have a 76 year old mom with Alzhymers and from what I have read the virus likes to kill seniors who have it. She probably has I dont know, 3 years to 15 years left, who knows with this. But I would rather that than lose her after 3-15 days if she gets this virus.

I have soon to be 89 year old father in law who is very healthy for his age, he golfs in the summer and curls in the winter, has all his faculties and is probably healthier than I am. He might live another 10-15 years but that is better than the 10-15 days he may last if he gets this virus.

My sons fiancé has 1 functioning lung thanks to a drunk driver. She has many many years ahead of her. This virus would probably kill her. We would rather it not.

My son had severe RSV as a baby and has respiratory issues. He has many years ahead of him. This virus might kill him. We would rather it not.

And we wont be able to attend any of their funerals if the worst does happen.

I have very high blood pressure and am overweight. Sure I probably would beat this but I am in the risk area of a heart attack or stroke. Maybe I will die of that in 10 or 20 years who knows. But I want to see my 2 sons get married in the next 2 years and my daughter get married one day (not to @Cloned ) and not die in 10 to 20 days if I get this virus.

So the point is, as @Cloned has stated, we all are going to die, some quicker than others due to pre-existing conditions. That doesn't mean we callously abandon those in the "your going to die sooner than me anyways" category nor do we carry on with our lives like nothing is happening. We just cant abandon and shelter the elderly and seniors and sickly and those most vulnerable, while the rest fill up the emergency wards and overload our hospital system so when the elderly or sick do need help, there is none because anyone who can put on a band-aid is working with otherwise healthy as horses Covid patients.

If you doubt the death tolls, I suggest you go hang out in a morgue in New York City, go hang out in a morgue in Brussels, in Milan, in Madrid even Toronto or Montreal. Look at the mass graves dug in Iran, so large they are visible from satellite photos. These bodies are from somewhere, the death tolls are what they are, maybe smaller maybe larger, but a hell of a lot of mostly vulnerable people are dying from this is the f***ing point here.

Suggesting that they were going to die anyway is callous and inhumane and has no place here.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
@Luckylarry

AFAIK, "selective patient care" is NOT occurring in Alberta. It MAY be occurring in some parts of the world where the healthcare systems are so overloaded and/or critical equipment like ventilators are so limited that the doctors have no choice but to choose who gets more complete treatment. That is messed up, in the sense that it shows how incredibly virulent and burdening this virus is. It also isn't messed up, in the sense that doctors will always choose to save SOMEBODY instead of NOBODY.

A potential reason why the death rate is higher in Alberta for 80+ is that a lot of those patients are nursing home patients. Generally, they have other comorbidities and have preexisting difficulties with some activities of daily living, which is why they're in a nursing home in the first place.

I know for fact that it is NOT happening (selective care).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Reporters responding to the daily updates. RAISED that families had been told there was a stay in place directive in place. This was raised two weeks ago and more recently. AHS is taking it on a case by case basis, but that stay in place is going on keeps getting talked about. Why would families raise this with reporters and lie about it? I would think its been occurring or we wouldn't be seeing questions about it during the updates.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
clear standard? lumping "presumptive" and "confirmed" cases into one case is a terrible way to interpret data

Yes, it's a clear standard since it openly stated on their website and is based on a positive test from a verified testing method, but I digress... please tell me more about proper data analysis. What's your statistical standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad