Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
updates as of 1605 GMT 7/4/2020

Coronavirus updates: Boris Johnson family gets Queen's message - BBC News
Trump turns angry and defensive as evidence contradicts his coronavirus narrative - CNNPolitics

well this is a record even for Trump Grisham out as West Wing press secretary without having held a briefing - CNNPolitics

death tolls disputed Coroners worry Covid-19 test shortages could lead to uncounted deaths - CNN

German plan to reopen economy How do you restart an economy? Germany has a plan - CNN

White House memos warned in run-up to pandemic of up to 2M deaths, economic devastation

US FIgures

Here's a look at the 10 states with the most COVID-19 cases.
1. New York: 131,830 cases
2. New Jersey: 41,090 cases
3. Michigan: 17,221 cases
4. California: 16,349 cases
5. Louisiana: 14,867 cases
6. Massachusetts: 13,837 cases
7. Florida: 13,629 cases
8. Pennsylvania: 13,206 cases
9. Illinois: 12,264 cases
10. Washington: 8,384 cases
States with outbreak-related deaths include:
1. New York: 4,758 deaths
2. New Jersey: 1,003 deaths
3. Michigan: 727 deaths
4. Louisiana: 512 deaths
5. California: 388 deaths
6. Washington: 383 deaths
7. Illinois: 308 deaths
8. Georgia: 294 deaths
9. Massachusetts: 260 deaths
10. Florida: 254 deaths
11. Connecticut: 206 deaths
12. Pennsylvania: 179 deaths
13. Texas: 153 deaths
14. Colorado:150 deaths
15. Indiana: 143 deaths
16. Ohio: 142 deaths
17. Maryland: 91 deaths
18. Wisconsin: 85 deaths
19. Virginia: 66 deaths
20. Arizona: 65 deaths
21. Missouri: 65 deaths
22. Tennessee: 65 deaths
23. Kentucky: 60 deaths
24. Alabama: 53 deaths
25. Mississippi: 51 deaths
26. Oklahoma: 51 deaths
27. North Carolina: 50 deaths
28. South Carolina: 48 deaths
29. Nevada: 46 deaths
30. Minnesota: 30 deaths
31. Oregon: 29 deaths
32. Rhode Island: 27 deaths
33. Kansas: 25 deaths
- Washington, D.C.: 24 deaths
34. Iowa: 24 deaths
35. Vermont: 23 deaths
36. Arkansas: 16 deaths
37. Delaware: 15 deaths
38. Utah: 13 deaths
39. New Mexico: 12 deaths
40. Idaho: 10 deaths
41. Maine: 10 deaths
42. New Hampshire: 9 deaths
43. Nebraska: 9 deaths
44. Alaska: 6 deaths
45. Montana: 6 deaths
46. Hawaii: 5 death
47. South Dakota: 4 death
48. West Virginia: 4 death
49. North Dakota: 3 deaths

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
How does Theresa Tam still have a job.

Canada’s top doctor finally tells public that masks can prevent Covid-19 spread

Janurary; Masks don't help at all, increase risk, too much touching putting them on, taking them off. They absorb Covid and spread it. Even N-95, no good, don't fit, bad elastic do not buy.

Janurary: Canada sends tons of PPD including masks to China to help with Coronavirus. Stated at the time that Canada is in good position, risk is low, we have more than adequate stockpile. We are well prepared;

Februrary; Nothing. You'd think she was on a holiday. No guidance, no plan, no action. Come to airport, answer a question, self report, smile to cameras, walk home, go to work go to school. Canada won't stand for restriction isolation. Please spread virus. (sarcasm)

March; Masks still bad, do not buy. Do not help people, "obviously"

End of March after its been revealed WHY CDC and Tam are telling the public to not wear masks. "Don't wear, we have short supply, we need them for health care workers" (Oh)

April 5; We research and finding ways to disinfect used masks. We have not enough, we have to find ways to sterilize. Please health care professionals, do not object to wearing gobbed on masks, trust us, we disinfected these well through science.

April 7; We are recommending people make homemade masks, party like its 1918, we're so developed as a country, we got this. Plank, plank, social distance. Cough in shoulder or in mask..

I mean seriously I love health care workers, I really do. They don't deserve this govt, this horrible preparation, the Feds absolute incompetence in this. The above is s ahortlist of the circus misinformation, just on masks. Really I wonder if any other time, not during a Pandemic, would health care professionals consider a strike until they have credible direction. My condolences to every one of you that our Federal govt is putting you in a nightmare situation with nightmare PPD supplies.

Don't blame the US. Who gave away our supplies? Who stated we were set and had ample stock? Who failed to rotate tons of PPD supply that was stockpiled after SARS epidemic and then was just thrown in landfill because its "past due date". Think about this. This govt threw away tons of PPD's to China, tons went to landfill, and now telling health care workers during a pandemic to just use sanitized reuse PPD and face masks until they fall apart or worse..

This is our govt response on masks through over 3mths.

The clear message ALWAYS, We're all on our own. Our protection, our health care workers protection, its all on individuals to try to find a way to be safe. You're not getting bugger all for help. But "we're in this together".

anyway

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

Janurary; Masks don't help at all, increase risk, too much touching putting them on, taking them off. They absorb Covid and spread it. Even N-95, no good, don't fit, bad elastic do not buy.

Janurary: Canada sends tons of PPD including masks to China to help with Coronavirus. Stated at the time that Canada is in good position, risk is low, we have more than adequate stockpile. We are well prepared;

Februrary; Nothing. You'd think she was on a holiday. No guidance, no plan, no action. Come to airport, answer a question, self report, smile to cameras, walk home, go to work go to school. Canada won't stand for restriction isolation. Please spread virus. (sarcasm)

End of March after its been revealed WHY CDC and Tam are telling the public to not wear masks. "Don't wear, we have short supply, we need them for health care workers" (Oh)

April 5; We research and finding ways to disinfect used masks. We have not enough, we have to find ways to sterilize. Please health care professionals, do not object to wearing gobbed on masks, trust us, we disinfected these well through science.

April 7; We are recommending people make homemade masks, party like its 1918, we're so developed as a country, we got this. Plank, plank, social distance. Cough in shoulder or in mask..

I mean seriously I love health care workers, I really do. They don't deserve this govt, this horrible preparation, the Feds absolute incompetence in this. The above is s ahortlist of the circus misinformation, just on masks. Really I wonder if any other time, not during a Pandemic, would health care professionals consider a strike until they have credible direction. My condolences to every one of you that our Federal govt is putting you in a nightmare situation with nightmare PPD supplies.

Don't blame the US. Who gave away our supplies? Who stated we were set and had ample stock? Who failed to rotate tons of PPD supply that was stockpiled after SARS epidemic and then was just thrown in landfill because its "past due date". Think about this. This govt threw away tons of PPD's to China, to landfill, and now telling health care workers during a pandemic to just use sanitized reuse PPD and face masks until they fall apart or worse..

The clear message ALWAYS, We're all on our own. Our protection, our health care workers protection, its all on individuals to try to find a way to be safe. You're not getting bugger all for help. But "we're in this together".

anyway

I'm pretty sure everyone has been aware of this for some time now. Not sure the sense in repeating the same thing over and over again. My family has a quick, one word/letter response for a member who continually repeats the same thing over and over and over again.

So next time I respond to a post of yours, which you probably won't see, I'll post 5. Just for your benefit.

:help:

Reactions: TB12

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Don't blame the US. Who gave away our supplies? Who stated we were set and had ample stock? Who failed to rotate tons of PPD supply that was stockpiled after SARS epidemic and then was just thrown in landfill because its "past due date". Think about this. This govt threw away tons of PPD's to China, to landfill, and now telling health care workers during a pandemic to just use sanitized reuse PPD and face masks until they fall apart or worse..

anyway

One of the first reporter's to ask a question pressed a bit on this to Justin Trudeau and he immediately opens his response with "I'm not here to talk about the past":facepalm:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
One of the first reporter's to ask a question pressed a bit on this to Justin Trudeau and he immediately opens his response with "I'm not here to talk about the past":facepalm:

Yeah. What an easy out. You're the Prime Minister but its not about track record, its not about the past, it never is, its Sunny ways. Moving forward. Can't you just feel the brimming optimism?

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I accept the rulers of my country are not always correct.
I accept the rulers of my country are sometimes greedy like all humans.
I accept the rulers of my country have a lot to improve in this quickly changing world.

I live in Canada the best country on earth and so very lucky to be here.

I support whatever my country asks of me, hopefully not to die.

Maybe I am a sheep but what have I done to deserve any real say in running my country.

I sure see some posters here in a different light.
Anybody not supporting my country can piss off and move to wherever their mentality fits.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
pretty funny stuff

had Tam said "wear masks!" back in March, the hospital would need far less of those masks

Thanks. yep. The thing to remember is due to actual Canadians doing a knock it out of the park job on self isolation, complying, being very good about distancing and safe guarding our National numbers are extremely low and even given that Canada has fared exceptionally well here, and that this has not been nearly as bas as in many countries, our stockpile of PPD is completely hooped by April. I mean go figure if this actually hit hard here. What then? Diapers as masks like across the border. Halloween PPD equipment, everybody have fun..dont hand out candy, don't touch..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I accept the rulers of my country are not always correct.
I accept the rulers of my country are sometimes greedy like all humans.
I accept the rulers of my country have a lot to improve in this quickly changing world.

I live in Canada the best country on earth and so very lucky to be here.

I support whatever my country asks of me, hopefully not to die.

Maybe I am a sheep but what have I done to deserve any real say in running my country.

I sure see some posters here in a different light.
Anybody not supporting my country can piss off and move to wherever their mentality fits.

Its not mutually exclusive to love a country and want to see ANY leadership because you love the Country. Love it or leave it concept allows ANYTHING to occur. For instance it allows a beloved country to go in worse directions. It could be expressed that love is also letting leaders know the errors and reminding of that.

Love of country is wondering how this possibly came to be a 2 term govt. Just like they would in the States if the loud guy there got re-elected.

Finally, love of country, and one of the reasons we hold Canada dear is we can express thoughts. We don't have to suppress them like in Places like CCP, which Trudeau considers the best Govt on the planet.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
The question that should be asked is why does the way in which society operates force a choice between saving extra lives or completely imploding the economy? How do you even reach a point where such a situation could even exist? Perhaps the global banking cartel that has economically enslaved most of the world's population will finally have pitchforks turned in their direction? (lol who am I kidding)

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Since there has been a month or so of stats the ratio of recovered to deaths are becoming more relevant. A bit higher than 21 percent.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I think it's as simple as he gets inside info on certain promising treatments because he's POTUS and has access to medical experts well versed in what front line doctors are doing/observing. He then runs to the microphone to say them because if one of them works, he's plays the role of prescient hero and will never let anyone forget about it.

Nevermind, the 10 strikeouts between homeruns. Why are the stupid reporters even asking about such trivial things?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Don't blame the US. Who gave away our supplies? Who stated we were set and had ample stock? Who failed to rotate tons of PPD supply that was stockpiled after SARS epidemic and then was just thrown in landfill because its "past due date". Think about this. This govt threw away tons of PPD's to China, tons went to landfill, and now telling health care workers during a pandemic to just use sanitized reuse PPD and face masks until they fall apart or worse..

anyway

Meanwhile in Alberta, the opposition is calling for the Health Minister's resignation after he made a personal visit to a doctor's home (which wasn't a pleasant visit from what I read) and for obtaining another doctor's private cell phone and calling him about the ongoing province VS doctors war.

Not a peep from what I know from the federal opposition to demand "Dr." Tam to step down.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think it's as simple as he gets inside info on certain treatments because he's POTUS and has access to medical experts. He then runs to the microphone to say them because if one of them works, he's plays the role of prescient hero and will never let anyone forget about it.

Nevermind, the 10 strikeouts between homeruns. Why are the stupid reporters even asking about such trivial things?

But the same game is going on here. Try to think of one right decision the Feds have made in Canada in respect to Covid-19. Try hard. Theres been a dozen screw ups easy. What have they done well?

The one thing the Feds got praised for here is for releasing emergency funds, For throwing money at the problem THEY helped to create. So in other words a different Kind of Ralph bucks. These are Pandemic bucks, many more of them, and please remember in the next election that we bought you with your own money. a govt that has been destroying an economy since its been in office has fully succeeded and now Canadians depend on them, on the dole.

Now I'm not being completely cynical, but in a disturbing way JT will be potentially helped by this Pandemic. It hasn't been leadership. It hasn't been steering the ship, its been a gongshow. But we can mortgage the country further, spending more fiscally than in any World War time, and hopefully the fed bucks keep coming.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'm pretty sure everyone has been aware of this for some time now. Not sure the sense in repeating the same thing over and over again. My family has a quick, one word/letter response for a member who continually repeats the same thing over and over and over again.

So next time I respond to a post of yours, which you probably won't see, I'll post 5. Just for your benefit.

:help:

This “repetitive post” premise could really apply to a large portion of the posts here, from multiple posters with various perspectives, to be fair.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Meanwhile in Alberta, the opposition is calling for the Health Minister's resignation after he made a personal visit to a doctor's home (which wasn't a pleasant visit from what I read) and for obtaining another doctor's private cell phone and calling him about the ongoing province VS doctors war.

Not a peep from what I know from the federal opposition to demand "Dr." Tam to step down.

At least we have the blessed Dr. Deena Hinshaw. Her calm collective oratory is helping a lot of Albertans and theres a lot of people from around the country, if not the world tuning in. I first saw her as kind of melancholy but her confident aura, her excellent dictum, her ease of answers (meaningful answers) has been SUCH a breath of fresh air.

So nice to see what competence looks like in office. We got that in spades with Dr. Deena Hinshaw. I'm tuned in. I'll never forget her appearing one day in a top that had the periodic table on it. Geek cool? Glad it exists now. You're doing us all proud, glad to be Albertan, now just as much as ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad