News Article: Coronavirus Part IV : A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This is what I'm talking about. Workers are happy. Everyone is happy.

Coquitlam company retools, first in Canada to produce N95 respirators | Vancouver Sun

Three weeks ago, I was walking the factory floor, and with the majority of my clients announcing closures, I was thinking about how I was going to keep everyone employed."

The seamstresses are retraining right now to do quality control, run the machines and do packaging. They are thrilled,” said Zanatta"

And there we go, let's get more of them going throughout North America. That's how it should be done!

Reactions: oilers'72

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
lol. Google "Supergirl Trump gif" then go to Images.

Trying to post a happy Pam gif but keep getting an error so just imagine a happy Pam gif here.

Oh there it is. It won’t go full size for whatever reason. I blame Trump.

Attachments

• D9A115B1-4F84-4457-86F3-E76ACED71669.gif
    D9A115B1-4F84-4457-86F3-E76ACED71669.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Cloned

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yes that is correct, I am not wishing for a disaster to happen to the US, I am saying if it were to happen Canadians and our government would be there in a heartbeat to assist in any way we could.

Stopping the flow of lifesaving PPE bought on contractual agreement from a company we’ve relied on forever and whose monthly output is over 10 times what we purchased is reprehensible.

That we had to beg for it via negotiations is par for the course with this current US administration which makes everything a me first hardball negotiation, is beyond the pale.

As @jumptheshark has said, once this is over there will be serious fallout from US “allies” over how this administration treated them in a time of desperate need. This will not be forgotten.
The funny thing about this whole thing is that prior to his administration, I was always of the belief that a country was run by a significantly large group of people in different facets. Not just one overwhelmingly significant individual voice.

Donald Trump has completely destroyed that belief. It's him. The US is in the situation they're in because of him. And for whatever reason he constantly wants to be in the spotlight. He's speaking over doctors, educated professionals and the people he's assigned to address this national catastrophe.

When all of this is over, America should disown him. They don't deserve this.

oilinger

Jul 11, 2016
Interesting that the proponents of the "Swedish strategy" totally ignore Sweden's other neighbour, Finland, which has an isolation/restriction regime similar to Canada's and also completely locked down the Helsinki region to all but essential traffic last week. The difference in death rate per million is remarkable. These 2 nations are very similar re populations, health care systems, lifestyle.
fi.JPG
swe.JPG

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think suffice to say this is the most significant global event since probably World War II. Probably honorable mention to Chernobyl and the fall of the Berlin Wall.

9/11 is nothing compared to this, I remember going out to eat pizza with friends later that evening the same day.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
People who are so called healthy can die of any age of the flu too but the odds are very slim and these people have weak immune systems. Sorry but you are talking a very small percentage who even get this virus that even die and most of those are sick or have weak immune systems. Watch out not to spread to vulnerable people and practice social distancing for a few weeks but dont tell me that any really healthy person has more than a .001 percent chance of dying from this

Current world case count: 1,348,628
current world death count: 78,816

That is a 5.8 percent death rate. Significantly higher than the flu so don't act like it's the same thing. And that percentage is likely to rise because

Current deaths: 78,618
Current recovered: 284,802
Total closed cases: 363,420

21.6 percent of closed cases so far have been deaths.

This is not the flu! Stop lying to yourself. Its dangerous to others if you do.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It's understandable that if there is a severely limited supply of something that is critical, that you would ration it off to those who need it the most.
I just realised that my post could be seen differently than what I intended, of course if available you should get masks. My intention was never to say that you or anyone who keeps these masks for themselves is doing something wrong.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

That is a 5.8 percent death rate. Significantly higher than the flu so don't act like it's the same thing. And that percentage is likely to rise because

It's pretty galaxy brain'd to still be making dumb flu comparisons on April 7th.

Not that it was an intelligent argument two months ago, either.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Interesting that the proponents of the "Swedish strategy" totally ignore Sweden's other neighbour, Finland, which has an isolation/restriction regime similar to Canada's and also completely locked down the Helsinki region to all but essential traffic last week. The difference in death rate per million is remarkable. These 2 nations are very similar re populations, health care systems, lifestyle.
View attachment 340779 View attachment 340780

Interesting the lengths people will go to defend lock downs. Ignore all the other examples and focus on one and then ignore many other factors. Sweden has twice as many people as Finland. Finland was/is on record as to avoid testing. They had great, unused testing capabilities. Don't like it. Think the South Korea example is a failure. They have picked it up as of late due to heavy criticism. Unlike Sweden, their numbers are also hard to find.

Finland was better positioned for this than any other country on the planet. NY Times.

THL and WHO’s estimates of Covid-19 cases needing hospital care differ, but why?

How Finland's Covid-19 testing measures up

Finland vs. Sweden - Country Comparison

No, no fudging of numbers in Finland...testing and quarantine, who does that? Numbers? Hard to find. While Sweden publishes every single case as it happens.

Sweden is making it very clear they are fine with a little more risk at the moment if it means they don't have to go all China on their society and have a functioning economy left at the end. To avoid the economic devastation and the horrible societal consequences that come with what countries such as Italy are going to be left with when this is over. Perhaps Finland as well. I bet Italy will hit astounding numbers. If the Mafia is so well-entrenched now that they can publicly advertise...

Experts predictions? 5% contraction for Sweden. Italy?

People see two opposite things in the world. Sweden and Italy and some still want Italy. Now that is interesting.

Last edited:

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
The funny thing about this whole thing is that prior to his administration, I was always of the belief that a country was run by a significantly large group of people in different facets. Not just one overwhelmingly significant individual voice.

Donald Trump has completely destroyed that belief. It's him. The US is in the situation they're in because of him. And for whatever reason he constantly wants to be in the spotlight. He's speaking over doctors, educated professionals and the people he's assigned to address this national catastrophe.

When all of this is over, America should disown him. They don't deserve this.
Thanks for the laugh lol they are in this situation because nobody would of stopped it. The same clowns who say it is his fault are the same clowns who called him racist when he wanted to shut down china flights to America. Every damn president or leader of every country could of done something different in hindsight. And dream again if you think the whole country will disown him. 60 percent agree how he has handled the situation and yoy watch he will win again this year.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016

Stop lying to yourself. The death rate is much lower. 2 countries are bringing it higher. And newsflash !!!! There are hundreds of thousands walking around with this virus with no symptoms which brings your death rate much lower. Stop with the b.s

Oct 15, 2008
Thanks for the laugh lol they are in this situation because nobody would of stopped it. The same clowns who say it is his fault are the same clowns who called him racist when he wanted to shut down china flights to America. Every damn president or leader of every country could of done something different in hindsight. And dream again if you think the whole country will disown him. 60 percent agree how he has handled the situation and yoy watch he will win again this year.
Exhibit A why this place is a toilet.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Stop lying to yourself. The death rate is much lower. 2 countries are bringing it higher. And newsflash !!!! There are hundreds of thousands walking around with this virus with no symptoms which brings your death rate much lower. Stop with the b.s

The death rate is what the death rate is. Hard numbers. I don't care what countries, people are dying in our country and its only getting worse. This is the worst health crisis of our lifetime. I have friends and family who are terrified working in hospitals and long-term care facilities.

People ignoring the FACTS are putting lives at risk. People ignoring FACTS will be the ones responsible for all of this to drag out longer than it needs to.

We are being asked a simple thing. Stay home. Take advantage of it. I'm doing all the things that I've complained I've never had time to do!

We need you on board man. People's lives are at stake here. We can save so many.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Exhibit A why this place is a toilet.
Why you like everyone sharing the same brain and following like sheep ?? Anyone who has a brain knows this is 100 percent China'S fault and nobody could of stopped the virus from spreading. Stop blaming anyone but china and work to end the spread. Keep political bullshit out of this.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
The death rate is what the death rate is. Hard numbers. I don't care what countries, people are dying in our country and its only getting worse. This is the worst health crisis of our lifetime. I have friends and family who are terrified working in hospitals and long-term care facilities.

People ignoring the FACTS are putting lives at risk. People ignoring FACTS will be the ones responsible for all of this to drag out longer than it needs to.

We are being asked a simple thing. Stay home. Take advantage of it. I'm doing all the things that I've complained I've never had time to do!

We need you on board man. People's lives are at stake here. We can save so many.
Grow up!!! We are taking it seriously. But stop the scare tactics. Stop acting like this is the end of the world. ARe you concerned about people dying of the flu or young people dying of cancer?? 700000 will die of the flu this year. Everyone is taking it seriously but this will be over soon and it is not the end of the world

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
View attachment 340779 View attachment 340780
how is death rate per million evidence Sweden's methods aren't working? their death rate/million isn't as bad as Spain, Italy or UK
if Sweden's methods weren't working, their cases would be doubled or tripling...which isn't the case....yet

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Grow up!!! We are taking it seriously. But stop the scare tactics. Stop acting like this is the end of the world. ARe you concerned about people dying of the flu or young people dying of cancer?? 700000 will die of the flu this year. Everyone is taking it seriously but this will be over soon and it is not the end of the world

No. You're not taking it seriously if you're comparing it to the flu or cancer! Take a poll around here, you'll see who needs to grow up.

You don't know more than the top scientists and doctors in the world. So cut it out!

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Really not saving any more lives than would have died to a seasonal flu.

Most deaths are in the 70+ age ranges

Only a gov believes thats locking down 99% of the population to save then 1% while destroying the economy is good policy.

I mean it is if youre trying to socialize everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad