OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part IV - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Adhere to the rules below regarding discussion that is political in nature or you will be warned and permanently removed from this series of threads. Considering we are relaxing forum rules regarding political discussion, what steps "over the line" is completely at the discretion of the moderation team. Examples of what constitutes appropriate discourse are listed below. When in doubt, don't post it. Do not wish harm or infection on members of the public, including the press, be it an individual or network/outlet/newspaper, etc.

Do not get political. Don't say we didn't warn you.

We are going to follow similar rules for this thread that exist in the COVID-19 forum.

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.
Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Here is a tracker from Johns Hopkins.

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
ASS2.jpg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I have a happy story to brighten the spirits.

My heart sank last week when I got an email from one of my students that he contracted COVID-19. You see it on the news but the gravity is just different when it hits your circle. I know the vast majority survive but you fear the worst. He's so young.

Yesterday, he emailed me to let me know the virus is in remission. He's going to make it and get back to full health. I was overjoyed. And it just so happened that was about to launch our online class in 30 minutes. I emailed him back and let him know he was more than welcome to take the class off given what he'd been through. He responded and said "thanks, but I'd like to come to class today."

I felt like I was in a Rocky movie. No, f*** coronavirus, I'm going to class.

I was worried about losing work come next semester starting in August, but I checked my schedule today and enrollment is still going up. I'm blown away by the determination and the fight in these kids to keep moving forward and keep getting the work done even as the world stops turning.

There will be losses. Wish I could tell you otherwise, but I can't. But for the most part, as a community, I think we gonna be alright. There's some tough people out there and this is one tough city.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Wearing an improperly fitted, improperly worn, or the wrong type of mask may increase your chances of becoming infected. The virus can get trapped inside your mask.

I just saw a long live interview with Fauci and he said masks help prevent you from transmitting the virus, not prevent you from getting it.

My wife is a Respiratory Director and my next door neighbor works for the CDC and they agree with everything in this post.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Also, Cuomo suspended mortgage and I don't need lunch money for work so I'm just sitting in my house like

tenor.gif

It is NUTS how much money you save not traveling to work.

and to prove that no good deed goes unpunished...AOC is calling cuomo racists cause he didn't also suspend rent. cause obviously if you help some people but not all you are a bad person

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I have a happy story to brighten the spirits.

My heart sank last week when I got an email from one of my students that he contracted COVID-19. You see it on the news but the gravity is just different when it hits your circle. I know the vast majority survive but you fear the worst. He's so young.

Yesterday, he emailed me to let me know the virus is in remission. He's going to make it and get back to full health. I was overjoyed. And it just so happened that was about to launch our online class in 30 minutes. I emailed him back and let him know he was more than welcome to take the class off given what he'd been through. He responded and said "thanks, but I'd like to come to class today."

I felt like I was in a Rocky movie. No, f*** coronavirus, I'm going to class.

I was worried about losing work come next semester starting in August, but I checked my schedule today and enrollment is still going up. I'm blown away by the determination and the fight in these kids to keep moving forward and keep getting the work done even as the world stops turning.

There will be losses. Wish I could tell you otherwise, but I can't. But for the most part, as a community, I think we gonna be alright. There's some tough people out there and this is one tough city.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad