OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Reactions: NYSPORTS

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
no that's not something they sell at Amazon, you have to go through a medical supply store and their online stores suck. There is no way to guarantee they have anything in stock unless you call and confirm an order. I tried a couple places out of curiosity and they were out.

What about that supplier I linked? Not Amazon, Medical Device Depot. I don't want to get scammed.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles? @Leonardo87

01A8AF9C-7829-47DB-A9F7-C64E0F2AF2CE.gif

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The number right now stands at 19% needing hospitalization and 47% of those individuals needing to be admitted to ICU, for a total of ~9% of cases needing intensive care. That is of all positive cases, all age groups. If that number remains steady (pray it doesn't go up) and you see the increase in numbers infected as is being predicted, then the healthcare system is not even close to equipped to deal with that. I just don't understand why you feel that 9% needs to be broken down further. It would be nice to know I guess, but how does it change the situation for the hospitals?

So we observe the age group of that 53% not being admitted to ICU. If we find out shortly that group doesn’t get worse maybe we’ll learn how quickly we can rotate them out of the hospital or who doesn’t need to be in the hospital.

We’re also going to see what strain this is today and compare to what it to the strain come autumn. Hopefully it won’t mutate so much we start over.

let’s hope there is a solution and Ny doesn’t become Italy in two weeks. Concerning numbers so far

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I bought a ventilator but I worry that I ended up taking one from a hospital potentially. Because it asked what kind of professional are you. I don't know if what I did was immoral.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I've been sick since Wednesday. Had a high fever Wednesday night and it returned to normal on Thursday afternoon. I haven't felt great since, and have had a cough for the last couple days. Obviously I didn't go to work on Thursday or Friday. Is there a hotline I can call to see if they think I should get tested? I'm not planning on going to work tomorrow but my employees would feel more comfortable knowing I don't/didn't have it when I return.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I've been sick since Wednesday. Had a high fever Wednesday night and it returned to normal on Thursday afternoon. I haven't felt great since, and have had a cough for the last couple days. Obviously I didn't go to work on Thursday or Friday. Is there a hotline I can call to see if they think I should get tested? I'm not planning on going to work tomorrow but my employees would feel more comfortable knowing I don't/didn't have it when I return.
Try calling this number.

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hotline:
1-888-364-3065

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Drove to a Walgreens in Arlington. Looks normal out there, if a little more sparse in terms of people. Stocked up on whatever I can. Looked a little foolish and self conscious as I was the only one in the store buying more than a handful of things. Bought two packets of claritin. That was probably the most important item.

No TP, paper towels, hand sanitizer. Plenty of beer.

As long as there's beer we will be right.

Reactions: will1066

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
being someone with asthma, I'm genuinely concerned for my health. a friend keeps telling me I'll be fine, but I truly disagree. might only be 29, but I know my asthma and I know if I catch this, I'm in trouble.

SHOULD I be super worried or. just. extra precautionary? cuz the Coney Island firehouse captain tested positive and those guys come into my supermarket almost every day.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Try calling this number.

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hotline:
1-888-364-3065

The only place I know is a drive through lab in New Rochelle:
Drive-thru COVID-19 testing in New Rochelle will soon expand elsewhere - amNewYork

from what I hear the 800 numbers are hours long hold times and if they don't hang up on you they tell you to see your doctor and then the doctor tells you dial the 800 number

Thanks. I'm one of those idiots that doesn't have a PCP. Mine retired a few years ago and I never selected a new one. I guess I can try the 888# but it doesn't sound promising.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
being someone with asthma, I'm genuinely concerned for my health. a friend keeps telling me I'll be fine, but I truly disagree. might only be 29, but I know my asthma and I know if I catch this, I'm in trouble.

SHOULD I be super worried or. just. extra precautionary? cuz the Coney Island firehouse captain tested positive and those guys come into my supermarket almost every day.
Be careful brother

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Thanks. I'm one of those idiots that doesn't have a PCP. Mine retired a few years ago and I never selected a new one. I guess I can try the 888# but it doesn't sound promising.
I don't have a primary care either lol. Looking stupid right about now.

One of my old supervisors actually told me they were looking for volunteers for these call centers. Declined, even if they paid me I'm not leaving the house for anything but essentials and my day job, which hopefully if Cuomo's directive is heeded by my agency I won't need to leave for that either.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
NYC Teachers are planning a walkout on Wednesday if schools aren't closed. But the healthcare union just told the mayor he should close the schools, so basically De Blasio has no support left for keeping them open. Most likely announcement comes in the next 24 hours that NYC is on lockdown except for essential workers

All schools in PA are closed for two weeks --- at a minimum.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Something like 340k of the 1.1m NYC public school students are at or below the poverty level. I get why the Mayor doesn't want to close the schools...but I can't see how you can keep them open.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Get tested.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I will say, just a general comment, it’s fascinating to see that truly everything is controversial and seen differently by different people. As an engineer, I truly long for the day when we can all get behind science and data, but that seems to be a far away dream, particularly in a country like the US where individuality and economic growth are held in such high regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad