OT: Coronavirus 4 - or is that thread 2.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I ended up not having any side effects from my first jab. My arm wasn't even really sore. I was more affected by my flu shot this year than my Pfizer shot. Think I'm eligible to get my second dose on the 31st or later. They don't seem to send you the email to schedule it until a few days before where I'm at though.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm torn. I love free stuff but I think a glazed Krispy Kreme is probably the most overrated donut there is. I'll probably get one anyway I guess.

While I truly think this, I also want to trigger some folks.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I'm torn. I love free stuff but I think a glazed Krispy Kreme is probably the most overrated donut there is. I'll probably get one anyway I guess.

While I truly think this, I also want to trigger some folks.
upload_2021-3-22_12-29-34.jpeg

i saw your other text. Ill be first

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I'm torn. I love free stuff but I think a glazed Krispy Kreme is probably the most overrated donut there is. I'll probably get one anyway I guess.ile I truly think this, I also want to trigger some folks.

The hot ones are very good imo, but I agree with you otherwise. Still, even the hot Krispy Kremes aren't as good as the hot glazed donuts from that little shop on the Carolina Beach boardwalk.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Practically any adult around where I live could have got their shots already if they really wanted to. No one checks anything but your ID. If you say you have asthma or whatever, it's not like they would verify it. Still you might have had to drive out to a more rural area if you wanted it sooner.

I'm guessing the vaccine uptake rate is pretty abysmal if they keep moving up phases and have places calling people who were previously scheduled for later dates to come in ASAP if they can so they don't waste shots.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Practically any adult around where I live could have got their shots already if they really wanted to. No one checks anything but your ID. If you say you have asthma or whatever, it's not like they would verify it. Still you might have had to drive out to a more rural area if you wanted it sooner.

I'm guessing the vaccine uptake rate is pretty abysmal if they keep moving up phases and have places calling people who were previously scheduled for later dates to come in ASAP if they can so they don't waste shots.

There are a few components to this.

One of the problem is that people got on multiple lists, rightfully so, which then created a longer wait list than there really was. I read that when Wake Co. did a scrub of their list, an absurd amount of the list had people that had already gotten their shot elsewhere so they opened up the list to phases earlier.

Two is that the supply has increased dramatically over the past month.

3rd is that in some areas, like you said, the uptake isn't great.

According to the states dashboard, of people 18+ of age, 34% are partially vaccinated and 20% are fully vaccinated, so 54% of all adults in NC have at least gotten 1 shot, and that's before they opened it up to everyone. That doesn't seem like an abysmal uptake rate to me, but it's hard to tell (and I'm sure it varies by county/demographics).

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
My wife got her second shot today ... and is currently headed downhill.

imma wait on this vaccine business

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
My wife got her second shot today ... and is currently headed downhill.

imma wait on this vaccine business
I'm taking the same approach with the vaccine considering half of my department started getting them this week... and then about 2/3rds of them were out for a day or two, probably going to wait another week or so to get mine, and preferably would do the J&J one since I don't need to be out multiple times with this thing.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm going to get the vaccine when I get the chance, but business has started to pick up again (Thank God), and I don't want to be dealing with the side effects of the shot (especially the 2nd dose) while I've got clients to take care of.

Reactions: DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm taking the same approach with the vaccine considering half of my department started getting them this week... and then about 2/3rds of them were out for a day or two, probably going to wait another week or so to get mine, and preferably would do the J&J one since I don't need to be out multiple times with this thing.

Do you know which one they got and was it only the first dose? It's totally anecdotal, but I know at least 30 people that got the Pfizer dose (including me, my wife and kids) and none of us had any reaction other than a sore arm after the first dose. Of the 10 or so people I talked to that got the first Moderna vaccine, they said they felt a little lethargic the next day, but not enough to stop them from working.

Reactions: MinJaBen

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Do you know which one they got and was it only the first dose? It's totally anecdotal, but I know at least 30 people that got the Pfizer dose (including me, my wife and kids) and none of us had any reaction other than a sore arm after the first dose. Of the 10 or so people I talked to that got the first Moderna vaccine, they said they felt a little lethargic the next day, but not enough to stop them from working.

My wife and I both got Pfizer vaccines, and our daughter got the Moderna vaccine. We had the same outcomes you did with the first doses: almost no significant issues.

Reactions: WreckingCrew
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad