OT: Coronavirus 4 - or is that thread 2.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
You can tell from replies who fact checks for FB.
I hate FB nowadays. Most of the pro Trump posts of my American middle-aged female farmville residue people have some fact check link courtesy of FB under the posts.

And quite often the link says, "well, yeah, but the context".

It feels like you're taking sides, FB.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
We are going to have a state of emergency after the 5th of October for a month.

After regional elections. I am still mad. This was all avoidable. So avoidable.
So y'all be on the streets on Fifth of November.

Reactions: DaveG

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Trump and his wife have allegedly caught COVID. I’m skeptical about the legitimacy of his claim, as I wouldn’t put it past him to fake it, “recover”, then go “See! It’s no big deal.” And that sounds awful, but when he lies about everything else...

That being said, if they do have it, I hope they recover well and suffer no long-term effects.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Trump and his wife have allegedly caught COVID. I’m skeptical about the legitimacy of his claim, as I wouldn’t put it past him to fake it, “recover”, then go “See! It’s no big deal.” And that sounds awful, but when he lies about everything else...

That being said, if they do have it, I hope they recover well and suffer no long-term effects.

Well this just can't be. I thought it was all a hoax.

Thoughts and prayers during this tough time.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

Who's the conspiracy theorist now? :sarcasm:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
This trump covid thing probably isn’t a lie but will definitely turn into “its not so bad” thing. If the campaign manager was able to control Trump’s message, it would be a “it can be defeated” message. We know that isn’t happening.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I’m not sure Trump ever said it was hoax.

I have definitely seen others say that...but those people shouldn’t even be talked about. They’re about the same as people who think Jake Gardiner was a good acquisition....

Trump calls coronavirus Democrats' 'new hoax'

And if the reports line up, this was AFTER he already knew how dangerous it was and decided to downplay it

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Trump calls coronavirus Democrats' 'new hoax'

And if the reports line up, this was AFTER he already knew how dangerous it was and decided to downplay it
“This is their new hoax,” Trump continued, adding that attacking the White House’s response to the coronavirus had become the Democratic Party’s “single talking point.”

Exactly. If you are saying that Trump is calling the actual virus a hoax, then I’m not sure what to tell you.

But, it really doesn’t matter. It’s been fact-checked a bunch, so whatever someone chooses to believe, they can believe.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This trump covid thing probably isn’t a lie but will definitely turn into “its not so bad” thing. If the campaign manager was able to control Trump’s message, it would be a “it can be defeated” message. We know that isn’t happening.

There will be two outcomes:

He will be in serious condition or die, in which case he is very dumb for having downplayed it and is getting his just desserts.

OR

He will be fine, in which case it's very unlikely he had it in the first place and is probably lying.

And then from Trump's perspective it's:

He dies, in which case he cares very little for the messaging

OR

I beat it, it isn't that bad, we should open up, etc.

The "it is what it is" plain reading of him probably getting better from this and one individual case (no matter how high profile) not being a good reason to change any sort of policy on a grand scale will almost certainly not be given by either side.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
“This is their new hoax,” Trump continued, adding that attacking the White House’s response to the coronavirus had become the Democratic Party’s “single talking point.”

Exactly. If you are saying that Trump is calling the actual virus a hoax, then I’m not sure what to tell you.

But, it really doesn’t matter. It’s been fact-checked a bunch, so whatever someone chooses to believe, they can believe.
IMG_20201002_080416_133.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad