OT: Corona virus thread-7 months later we're still screwed (MOD: NO POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
V2NFF5l.png

Picked up a couple of my favorite players from 2000's cards. I miss Kozlov feeding cherrypicking Bure

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I miss those pads...

Oh and bonus points to you for getting the one fan favorite that injures the other fan favorite that then derails our decade. Bravo:thumbu:
Was it Worrell that caused Kidd's (I think it was shoulder) injury? Cant remember anymore. All I remember is he was finished after that but somehow stayed in the league a few more years as the Leafs backup and cost them a lot of games which you love to see

Reactions: Cold Cat

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Was it Worrell that caused Kidd's (I think it was shoulder) injury? Cant remember anymore. All I remember is he was finished after that but somehow stayed in the league a few more years as the Leafs backup and cost them a lot of games which you love to see

Lol yep...worrell's sick deking skills turned kidd into a broken pretzel

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Lol yep...worrell's sick deking skills turned kidd into a broken pretzel

Bure-Kozlov-Worrell?

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Keith Yandle on iron man streak 866 games - ProHockeyTalk | NBC Sports

Interesting take on him possibly losing the streak due to a coaching decision

It's not really a surprising conclusion, he's getting bottom pairing 5v5 minutes only ahead of Brown who's barely an nhl'er. I speculated months ago the only reason Yandle hasn't gotten benched is because Q wants to use that card during the offseason. He should be more willing to waive if the streak is still alive. Plus the writing is on the wall for him here, I'd imagine he also wants a bigger role.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It's not really a surprising conclusion, he's getting bottom pairing 5v5 minutes only ahead of Brown who's barely an nhl'er. I speculated months ago the only reason Yandle hasn't gotten benched is because Q wants to use that card during the offseason. He should be more willing to waive if the streak is still alive. Plus the writing is on the wall for him here, I'd imagine he also wants a bigger role.

Holster your slingshot, same team, same team man. I hear you loud and clear. Turns 34 in September and unlikely to get better 5 on 5 but he holds most of the power in the deal.

I think there's a way to be respectful about it if Tallon asks him to waive his clause, he's been here 4 years and still no playoffs, he's done his job on the PP but he's the prime candidate to move if the salary cut rumor is true. Trading two of the more vocal and funny guys, Tro being the other, will send a message that the laid back attitude is over. Its time to perform and draw the fans back to the arena.

You can have fun when you get to the 2nd round or beyond.
Boston makes a ton of sense if Krug walks. We would have to take some salary back though.

tricking yandle.gif

Tallon gotta pull a slick move on the Soonkster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellyr

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
So was Nick Bjugstad a poor mans Kozlov?

Had the size and shot(at one point anyways) but when he was off, he was off.
Maybe. But each case has it's own issues.

Bjugstad was a project who lost confidence and abandoned what made him good. He tried to become a playmaker/"teamplayer" to please everybody. That's not his game, not what got him in the league in the first place. But at least he applied his tools for bit in the NHL.

Koslov was a perimeter player, who never used his tools in a useful way in the NHL. I just don't think he had the mentality for North American hockey.

Reactions: Frisky Dingo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad