Sportsnet: Corey Perry eligible to sign with NHL teams after meeting with Gary Bettman

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If he is stipulating that as of right now, he will not entertain going to Canadian markets...

This is not about the fact that he had played previously in Montreal.

Please follow the conversation.
It's always amusing when people try so hard to be condescending when they've been made to look foolish.

Reactions: Homesick

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It's always amusing when people try so hard to be condescending when they've been made to look foolish.
The coversation you interjected on was based around the statement that Perry had no interest in signing for a Canadian club. That is the foundation of the conversation.

Perry having previously played for the Canadians does not negate his possibly not wanting to go back to another Canadian market.

You've only made yourself look foolish by not understanding the conversation you jumped in on.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Was it even leaked/mentioned why he actually got let go, or was it all just those silly rumors?

aenesidemus

Nov 15, 2023
Cap is tight with better players already waiting in the wings...

His only offer may come from a Canadian team, and he would jump on it

League minimum, limited ice time, otherwise, obsolete...

Maybe Toronto or bust - he could be a good fit...

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
No shot to canadian team

media is too heavy

I remember Jamie Mclennan describing the media in Florida, or lack thereof and how you have to do like 1/20th of the media sessions as you do in canada

It has been reported multiple times now, including during tonight's game, that he actively sought to sign with the Leafs in the past so your little theory doesn't hold water.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Fortunately, the Oilers run a full-out second chance rehabilitation program alongside the opportunity to play next to McDavid or Draisaitl. Cmon over Corey.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It has been reported multiple times now, including during tonight's game, that he actively sought to sign with the Leafs in the past so your little theory doesn't hold water.

I already acknowledged that he played in Canada
Circumstances have changed since then with media scrutiny

Learn to keep up
It’s not that difficult

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I already acknowledged that he played in Canada

I never mentioned him having played in Canada. Please try to keep up, it isn't that difficult.

Circumstances have changed since then with media scrutiny

Media scrutiny is heavier now than when he tried to get the Leafs to sign him a couple of years ago?

Learn to keep up
It’s not that difficult

Take your own advice, you are arguing something I didn't mention.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Perry. The same player that lost 3 straight times in the Stanley cup finals on 3 different teams?
No,not that one, but a similar player. The player that has been on a Stanley Cup winning team and has been on teams that have lost in the final three straight years.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The coversation you interjected on was based around the statement that Perry had no interest in signing for a Canadian club. That is the foundation of the conversation.

Perry having previously played for the Canadians does not negate his possibly not wanting to go back to another Canadian market.

You've only made yourself look foolish by not understanding the conversation you jumped in on.
I think you're missing the obvious part here, but I don't need to explain it to you since you're being willfully obtuse.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
Perry. The same player that lost 3 straight times in the Stanley cup finals on 3 different teams?
you can't pin those losses on Perry, he's clutch af, and has a mean streak - perfect for playoff hockey. Most teams would benefit from having him. He was really good against the Leafs last year too.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I put $10 down that he's signing with the Oilers after January 25th. (Don't care about the rumours that he won't play in Canada.) The Oilers are weak at RW so he'll get an opportunity with skilled linemates and the Oilers are trending up.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I think you're missing the obvious part here, but I don't need to explain it to you since you're being willfully obtuse.
lol. There is no part missed which is why you are not explaining it.

39400-Val-Kilmer-you-may-go-now-gif-Etao.gif

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
From Bob Stauffer (well connected Oilers analyst) and Frank Seravalli on the show Oilers Now:

- Stauffer says Oilers are doing their due diligence on Corey Perry.
- Seravalli says there are a handful of teams in on him and Oilers have been on him for a number of weeks
- He says Oilers are expressing real interest and want him quite a lot and apparently they are very high on Perry's list

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
From Bob Stauffer (well connected Oilers analyst) and Frank Seravalli on the show Oilers Now:

- Stauffer says Oilers are doing their due diligence on Corey Perry.
- Seravalli says there are a handful of teams in on him and Oilers have been on him for a number of weeks
- He says Oilers are expressing real interest and want him quite a lot and apparently they are very high on Perry's list
That'snot what Seravalli said. He said "I would think they are probably high on Perry's list given their weakness on the right side and opportunity to play with skilled players"

So it was Seravalli speculating. You really need to pay attention to phrasing when you post this stuff.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I don't think a heavy media market would impact Perry. He's not going to be coming into the Leafs as the next Mark Messier.

As he prefers living in Canada (it seems), it makes sense for him to go to Toronto (if they want him).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad