Rumor: Corey Perry and Ottawa Senators Have Mutual Interest

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I only see two spots only open for Norris, Formenton, L. Brown, Balcers and Abramov. Then taking into account actual ice time i dunno i really dont see the point of Galchenyuk. Getting some veteran leadership makes alot more sense to me.
What about Batherson? Also, is there a possibility that Stützle plays in the DEL for the entire 2020/21 season?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What about Batherson? Also, is there a possibility that Stützle plays in the DEL for the entire 2020/21 season?
I have Batherson on the team. I think the locks up front look like this.

Tkachuk Tierney Dadonov
Galchenyuk White Batherson
Paul Anisimov C. Brown
_____ ______ Watson

I expect Paul to play on the 4th line and atleast one of the rookies to win a spot in the top 9. Between Norris, L. Brown, Formenton, Balcers, Chlapik and Abramov thats not alot of icetime. I think L. Brown, Balcers and Chlapik wont benefit from the AHL any more. So I half expect those 3 to be the ones to make it. So I dont see where Perry fits but I really would haver preferred Perry over Galchenyuk.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I have Batherson on the team. I think the locks up front look like this.

Tkachuk Tierney Dadonov
Galchenyuk White Batherson
Paul Anisimov C. Brown
_____ ______ Watson

I expect Paul to play on the 4th line and atleast one of the rookies to win a spot in the top 9. Between Norris, L. Brown, Formenton, Balcers, Chlapik and Abramov thats not alot of icetime. I think L. Brown, Balcers and Chlapik wont benefit from the AHL any more. So I half expect those 3 to be the ones to make it. So I dont see where Perry fits but I really would haver preferred Perry over Galchenyuk.

Josh Norris has to be a lock to start the season with the Sens with the season he had in the AHL last year... and also he is best buddy with Tkachuk.

Tkachuk - Norris - Dadonov
Tierney - White - Brown
Galchenyuk - Brown - Batherson
Paul - Anisimov - Watson

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Josh Norris has to be a lock to start the season with the Sens with the season he had in the AHL last year... and also he is best buddy with Tkachuk.

Tkachuk - Norris - Dadonov
Tierney - White - Brown
Galchenyuk - Brown - Batherson
Paul - Anisimov - Watson
Logan Brown had a better ppg in the AHL this past season. He has made steady progression I dont think any of those 6 players are locks, Batherson probalby isnt either because he is going to be competing for the same 3/4 spots with the 6 other players. I think the sens are going to be run very fair, if you are playing the best you will play. So the training camp is going to be highly competitive.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I remember something mentioned about Perry regarding him wanting to retire in London where he played junior, so the fit here would be getting him closer to where he wants to retire. As for Ottawa’s interest he was okay on the Stars last season should be alright for Ottawa as well. I think it’s good competition for the young players banging on the door. Shouldn’t gift players roster spots, make them scratch or waive proven NHLers

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Formenton and Norris are the only ones worth a damn. Brown is a bust, balcers is a generic depth guy and abramov is same as balcers
I want to give Abramov in particular a look before cutting bait. Brown a full season in the NHL to see if he can handle it. Balcers I wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost him to Seattle, the other two however have higher ceilings.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
as per this, there's no room for Perry in OTT...
if yes, who do you sit? Perry, Batherson, Watson?

Uhhhh, the kid with one NHL game played who's being listed as a 1C?

You can't pencil in a bunch of rookies in top-6 roles and think it's ok.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
With the compressed schedule I can see a lot of guys being switched in and out depending on if their level of play dips. I mean you do have Norris as the 1c

also injuries will probably be more frequent this year

Reactions: Bevans

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I want to give Abramov in particular a look before cutting bait. Brown a full season in the NHL to see if he can handle it. Balcers I wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost him to Seattle, the other two however have higher ceilings.

Who said anything about cutting bait?

If they haven't yet proven they can be NHL regulars, they shouldn't be handed a free regular spot on the team. If/when they prove they can be regulars, the team can make room for them, either via trade or by scratching an underperforming regular.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
also note that some of these guys will be moved by the deadline to contenders

I know Perry is a punk to play against but I mean he is perfect in terms of a mentor for guys like Tkachuk and he plays hard and has won everything

Reactions: guyzeur

Jeff Whelbourn

Jun 2, 2018
Frank Seravilli just announced on TSN That's Hockey that Corey Perry and Ottawa Senators have mutual interest.

Sorry no link to cite; exclusively from Tsn That's Hockey

Weren't Perry's comments "get me on a contender" to his agent?

Maybe no contender has interest in perry

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Who said anything about cutting bait?

If they haven't yet proven they can be NHL regulars, they shouldn't be handed a free regular spot on the team. If/when they prove they can be regulars, the team can make room for them, either via trade or by scratching an underperforming regular.
I'm not saying hand them a spot, I am saying give them a long look as they will need to be exposed to Seattle and it would be terrible to lose them for nothing.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
With the compressed schedule I can see a lot of guys being switched in and out depending on if their level of play dips. I mean you do have Norris as the 1c

also injuries will probably be more frequent this year
not my lineup... I dont expect Norris to be 1C.
I seriously hope that OTT goes after Stepan in ARI

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Would love to see a team with 12 forwards who all play 82 games.
Whoever is injured which is guaranteed to be someone at any given time, with certain wingers switching back and forth between sides to backfill roles up the lineup.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Also, a team fielding a bunch of rookies usually signs veterans/competition for those rookie spots just in case the rookies do not perform, and for mentorship reasons.

It's also a classive maneuver for a team with questionable league-wide reputation to sign veterans who have been in the league a long time to act as ambassadors for that team after they retire, even if it's only for a token season or two and even if they never played for that team before.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Sens will be able to ice about 6 complete forward lines if you count prospects that “seem” ready based on NHL play with some of the veterans they’ve picked up this off-season.

Depth this season is not a bad idea. It’s could be a strange year. My bet is that a majority of guys like Norris, Brown, Formenton, Chlapik, Balcers etc will start in the AHL because they have options (although not sure on Chlapik and Balcers tbh) Stutzle and Abramov could stay overseas the entire year. That leaves the reclamation projects and vets to fill out the NHL line-up. If guys like Chucky or Perry stink, just waive them and bury them. Maybe you trade a Tierney or White or C. Brown later in the year.

I’m willing to bet the Sens line-ups on opening night and the one they ice after the trade deadline are going to be vastly different.

Reactions: NB613

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Weren't Perry's comments "get me on a contender" to his agent?

Maybe no contender has interest in perry
I mean, signing with a bottom feeder on a 1-year deal is about as good as signing with a contender. He'd be all but guaranteed to be moved at the deadline. I read an article somewhere that speculated that this is what Hall is thinking...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad