TSN: Corey Perry’s days may be numbered. Ducks looking to trade him.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
If bought out, he will draw a lot of interest. No one touches him with a 10 ft pole on his current contract.

If the Pens trade Kessel and don’t get a RW back, I could see them pursuing Perry if he’s bought out. Would be a great add for the right price.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Any chance they’d add an asset to trade him to Detroit?

Sounds like the options being looked at are retention or buyout. It makes sense... if they have to hand over the good prospects to get rid of him, then they've defeated the whole purpose of freeing up the space.

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He just bought a giant house in London. Who knows. Maybe he’s done?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Someone who doesn't plan to compete for the next two seasons should definitely take a run at him. Easily worth a 1st round pick to take that contract on.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him after he gets bought out.

But he has looked pretty done recently. Certainly not taking that contract on.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Probably a better move to just buy him out. Can't imagine any team will take on that contract without a heck of a sweetener. Maybe a team agrees to swap bad contracts but that's a big contract to absorb.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Who replaces Perry if Ducks buy him out? Ducks are already extremely low on the wing as it is. Ducks trade 9th overall for someone? Or just goto Free agency and find a wing?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Someone who doesn't plan to compete for the next two seasons should definitely take a run at him. Easily worth a 1st round pick to take that contract on.
Not really... Anaheim likely wouldn't pay to get rid of him.... I think at best wed either retain on him for a low asset or buy him out..

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He was almost ppg before getting injured. Why wouldn't they see if he has anything left to give before pulling the plug?

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Probably a better move to just buy him out. Can't imagine any team will take on that contract without a heck of a sweetener. Maybe a team agrees to swap bad contracts but that's a big contract to absorb.

I think that’s the best move is to just buy him out. I really don’t want to have to pay premiums for someone to take em. What’s more concerning now is who’s gonna replace him in the top 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad