TSN: Corey Perry’s days may be numbered. Ducks looking to trade him.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Good luck getting cap space. That's why I added Getzlaf who still holds value to my proposal.
you do realize we will be putting Kes on LTIR and depending on how we deal with Perry, we'll have enough cap to add a top 4 d right?

Honestly think Rakell and Silfverberg are above him.

People can have opinions, even if they are completely wrong.

It's called youth. Getzlaf is close to 40.

Do you know how to math?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
you do realize we will be putting Kes on LTIR and depending on how we deal with Perry, we'll have enough cap to add a top 4 d right?

People can have opinions, even if they are completely wrong.

Do you know how to math?

I don't really care if you guys hold on to Getzlaf like a scrap on his hairline. I know Calgary did that though and it made us finish out of the Playoffs for 10 years. I understand that you have sentiment for the guy, but trading him could make you contenders a lot quicker.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I don't really care if you guys hold on to Getzlaf like a scrap on his hairline. I know Calgary did that though and it made us finish out of the Playoffs for 10 years. I understand that you have sentiment for the guy, but trading him could make you contenders a lot quicker.
by giving us a cap dump, a winger who is no better than any of our vet wingers and a defensemen who is going to just leave the next season? can't believe you're still obsessed over no one liking your awful trade.

also, you didn't disprove anything I said in that quote.

Reactions: Paul4587

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
If the Pens trade Kessel and don’t get a RW back, I could see them pursuing Perry if he’s bought out. Would be a great add for the right price.

source.gif

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Hahah I said for the right price. Perry at like 2.5m would be great. Anything over is a no from me.

Not sure how much he would get from a team if bought out, but I would imagine not much higher than 3m given his rapid decline in play.

But on a short deal, 2-3 years for 2.5m wouldn’t be a bad idea.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Your comments are getting worse as you go

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Trading a guy with an NMC tends to not yield a great return. I don't know how that would make the Ducks contenders quicker. It's hard to turn players like Getzlaf with that sort of trade restrictions into premium assets in return.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Trading a guy with an NMC tends to not yield a great return. I don't know how that would make the Ducks contenders quicker. It's hard to turn players like Getzlaf with that sort of trade restrictions into premium assets in return.
Honestly hes not worth arguing with.... he is a leafs fan stuck in a flames fan body... talkin crap about playoffs when the team struggles to make it into round 2.
Getz stays in Anaheim as long as he wants too

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Hahah I said for the right price. Perry at like 2.5m would be great. Anything over is a no from me.

Not sure how much he would get from a team if bought out, but I would imagine not much higher than 3m given his rapid decline in play.

But on a short deal, 2-3 years for 2.5m wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I kind of feel this way, too. I don't think Anaheim will buy him out, but if they did there would be suitors around this price. Somewhere in the 2x2 or 3x3 territory.

I think Perry would do really well in Arizona. Even if he is just a 20 goal 50 point threat, that's pretty good. Arizona needs vet scoring wingers.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Honestly hes not worth arguing with.... he is a leafs fan stuck in a flames fan body... talkin crap about playoffs when the team struggles to make it into round 2.
Getz stays in Anaheim as long as he wants too

Excuse you? I hate the Leafs.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
What about Darling for Perry?

Canes add 5m in salary, get a 50ish point RW. Ducks save a bunch of cap, if they buy out Darling it’s under 2m I think.

Reactions: zaqq

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What about Darling for Perry?

Canes add 5m in salary, get a 50ish point RW. Ducks save a bunch of cap, if they buy out Darling it’s under 2m I think.

Anything that’s more beneficial than a buyout would be considered by the Ducks. Murray would likely say yes to that proposal.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don't see the Canes doing that deal without retention. Darling can be bought out for $4.7M, Perry would cost $15M to keep. Even if they thought he might have some value that's too much to risk on him.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Come on you guys, be reasonable. Getzy is decrepit and doing nothing but holding us back. He totally sucks. But here's Calgary ready to do us a solid by taking him on. As a favor. Because he's so bad and all :wally::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad