News: Corey Crawford will not be returning to Blackhawks

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I understand moving on from Crow at this point, but If we start the season with Delia and Lankinen with this offseason’s goalie market... that should be a fireable offense.

Reactions: Sticktape and Esq

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I understand moving on from Crow at this point, but If we start the season with Delia and Lankinen with this offseason’s goalie market... that should be a fireable offense.

Why? Embrace the rebuild, embrace the tank. Pole vault off the precipice for Power.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Why? Embrace the rebuild, embrace the tank. Pole vault off the precipice for Power.

That’s fine if they move a bunch of other players. I guess I should have included that caveat.

I would be interested to hear the reaction of some of the vets who are still playing great that the organization feels good rolling with Delia and Lankinen lol

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Crawford ends up in Colorado, remember Colorado has a great young team and cap space to bring in Crawford

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Either compete or rebuild. This move is neither. I can't imagine going into a season with Delia as a starter.

I feel bad for Crawford. Maybe it was his decision to move on, but it still feels like the Hawks did wrong by him.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014

What a f***ing joke

Really don't think he implies the Hawks will start the season with Delia/Lankinen. Just saying he believes they can be there in the future, together with a vet - even a vet with slightly lower pedigree than Crow.

Stan just tried to get Matt Murray, so it's no secret the Hawks are in the market for a starter.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Colorado's goalie tandem allowed the 6th fewest goals in the NHL last year. Why do we need a 35 year old who last won a playoff series in 2014-15?

I don't know maybe the fact crawford can still play at a high level has won 2 Stanley cups and would definitely make Colorado a serious contender. Proven playoff experience of winning not many goalies including who's in net now for Colorado can show.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Be interesting to see who has a chair when the music stops. Supposedly Hawks couldn't reach a deal with Murray on a contract and now Crawford. Wonder what the offers were and if that was based on a half price Fleury available. The Stephenson contract plunges the Knights further into the salary cap abyss. Hmmm.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Why would Colorado have interest in Crawford? They already have Grubauer and Francouz there.

A proven winner which neither of those 2 goalies have proven. Regular season wins are great but the difference between those 2 goalies and Crawford is he has won 2 Stanley cups that takes his stock to a higher level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad