Cool Matt Martin Stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I wasn’t gonna go look up their contract status but you do get my point. Make each of them get 750K-1M, and Lou’s phone won’t be able to keep up. Even if they’re overpaid now, “deeper” (as in teams expected to be in the conference finals or SCF) teams are more than likely calling about those guys.

As much as that sounds like a shot against the Isles coming from a Sabres fan, it’s really not one. I’m sure you can agree they’re not Tampa or Boston or the Pens or Caps (expected ECF teams).

I mean the Isles have finished ahead of the Caps and Pens each of the past two years. Eliminating both of them in convincing fashion. But that’s still not enough to suggest the Isles are at least on par with those two? Boston and Tampa are definitely a tier/s above.

Even now, thinking about the Leafs eh?

You have a modified Isles logo for an avatar and a golfing quote attributed to their coach. You have spent a better part of a year/s pretending to be an Isles fan... yet somehow Isles fans are the ones fixated on the Leafs? Is this some kind of warped Cognitive Dissonance?

Go back to the Spitfire avatar. At least you’ll be contributing something good with your posts. ;)

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I mean the Isles have finished ahead of the Caps and Pens each of the past two years. Eliminating both of them in convincing fashion. But that’s still not enough to suggest the Isles are at least on par with those two? Boston and Tampa are definitely a tier/s above.

You have a modified Isles logo for an avatar and a golfing quote attributed to their coach. You have spent a better part of a year/s pretending to be an Isles fan... yet somehow Isles fans are the ones fixated on the Leafs? Is this some kind of warped Cognitive Dissonance?

Go back to the Spitfire avatar. At least you’ll be contributing something good with your posts. ;)

But are the Isles expected to be one of the teams in the ECF or SCF every year? That was all my point was in mentioning the Caps and Pens.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
But are the Isles expected to be one of the teams in the ECF or SCF every year? That was all my point was in mentioning the Caps and Pens.

I wouldn’t assume that of the Isles. But wouldn’t certainly assume that of the Caps and Pens either. My point is that the past two years suggest these three teams are not too far off

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusKetterer

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Ah yes, Matt Martin the sustainable 18% sniper.

How much would we have to add to Matthews to get Martin?
I really like how Toronto posters say that they are 'in our heads rent free", but make sure to stop by any thread about any player for our team to continue to enlighten us. I am not looking it up, but how long has it been since you got as far as we did this year?

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I was going to 'like' your post for the second part of it, but poo on you for the first part.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I was going to 'like' your post for the second part of it, but poo on you for the first part.

Sorry Kidney. But the Pens are starting to feel like the post Islander dynasty teams. On paper they still had a quality core still in their younger 30s. They would still produce in the regular season... but just seemed to run out of gas in the playoffs. Then players like Trottier hit 32/33 and went from 80-85 second line points to 40 points in a single year.

Granted, things are different now. Players like Malkin/Crosby can still be elite longer. There’s also more turnover. I also am not sure how much of the Pens ills were goaltending or coaching.

As for the Caps, I thought their decline was coming a couple years ago... they then preceded to win the cup. They definitely looked unimpressive this year. But I agree with many Caps fans, coaching did them no favors.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I really like how Toronto posters say that they are 'in our heads rent free", but make sure to stop by any thread about any player for our team to continue to enlighten us. I am not looking it up, but how long has it been since you got as far as we did this year?

19 years

The answer to the next question is 53 years.

To be fair, the answer to the third question is 37 years.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Erik Cole had a playoff with 100+ hits? Damn, don't remember him being a physical guy but that's impressive.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Same reason you are having trouble finding Matt Martin.

Ah he's home after winning 3 series and playing in the ECF and over 2 years has been a part of more playoff series wins than the Leafs have over the past 18 years. That's right I almost forgot.

Leaf fans really have no room to talk trash to any fanbase. There's few fanbases that have been less successful than the Islanders over the past 15 years...but the Leafs are absolutely one of them.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Ah he's home after winning 3 series and playing in the ECF and over 2 years has been a part of more playoff series wins than the Leafs have over the past 18 years. That's right I almost forgot.

Leaf fans really have no room to talk trash to any fanbase. There's few fanbases that have been less successful than the Islanders over the past 15 years...but the Leafs are absolutely one of them.

Islander cups since I was born: 0
Leaf cups since I was born: 0

That's all that really matters at the end of the day.

Luckily I don't base my trash talking on recent success, or I'd never get to say a peep about anything in the NFL :D

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

How long did it take you to get here since the last time? I bet it’s more than 18 years. Bottom line is that both franchises have been putrid for a while. I am a Leafs fan can admit that freely.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Islander cups since I was born: 0
Leaf cups since I was born: 0

That's all that really matters at the end of the day.

Luckily I don't base my trash talking on recent success, or I'd never get to say a peep about anything in the NFL :D
I am much older than you, having been alive for four Cups for each team since I was born. I was just over double digits when the Leafs won in 1967, so I cannot for the life of me understand what your trash talking is based on. My wild guess would be pajama boy, as if having him on the team(without losing anyone in the process) has changed nothing with regards to post regular season success. Are you a 34B?

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
How long did it take you to get here since the last time? I bet it’s more than 18 years. Bottom line is that both franchises have been putrid for a while. I am a Leafs fan can admit that freely.
You are not the kind of poster this is aimed at. I have seen first hand how badly things have gone for us, which makes the clown abusing our logo even worse. I promise to change my avatar when he changes his.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I am much older than you, having been alive for four Cups for each team since I was born. I was just over double digits when the Leafs won in 1967, so I cannot for the life of me understand what your trash talking is based on. My wild guess would be pajama boy, as if having him on the team(without losing anyone in the process) has changed nothing with regards to post regular season success. Are you a 34B?

To be honest, Isles going far this year was a win-win. I got to enjoy a long run from my other favorite team, while also getting to enjoy watching Lou's team lose. I feel blessed!

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Its funny people calling out Lou for buying cheap goons as some reason that he's ruining teams while he's in the ECF and Toronto gives max contracts to players producing less than said goons.

Is Lou gonna quit on the Islanders right before the key players need contract, like he did on the Leafs?

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY

I think the bolded is at the heart of the matter. Some fans are trashing the Islanders while they made it to the ECF while the teams they root for have had very little success recently. It’s a bit odd right? Everything from “unsustainable” now to the cap problem scenarios just comes across as sad, petty jealousy.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
To be honest, Isles going far this year was a win-win. I got to enjoy a long run from my other favorite team, while also getting to enjoy watching Lou's team lose. I feel blessed!

Your posts are just sad at this point.

You feel blessed that your other favorite team lost? They are not your favorite team then. Pretty clear cut.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lou loves to spend cap space on bad players while he has ELC talent.

Then the good times end and you realize you have 8M in cap space to sign Barzal, Pulock, and Toews but you have a 10M 4th line
Dubas loves to spend half his entire cap space on 4 players and is left with a team who can't make the playoffs and a defense that involves Martin Marincin and Cody Ceci :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad