Cool Matt Martin Stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Its funny people calling out Lou for buying cheap goons as some reason that he's ruining teams while he's in the ECF and Toronto gives max contracts to players producing less than said goons.
I'm not calling him out. I think Lou is one of the best if not the best GM now and all time.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Its funny people calling out Lou for buying cheap goons as some reason that he's ruining teams while he's in the ECF and Toronto gives max contracts to players producing less than said goons.

Lou loves to spend cap space on bad players while he has ELC talent.

Then the good times end and you realize you have 8M in cap space to sign Barzal, Pulock, and Toews but you have a 10M 4th line

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Not sure I'd call that a "cool" stat but I guess it shows that nowadays goons are expected to contribute to the scoring as well (all 5 are since 2002).

Reactions: Merrrlin

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Not sure I'd call that a "cool" stat but I guess it shows that nowadays goons are expected to contribute to the scoring as well (all 5 are since 2002).

It's certainly better than OP's last thread about Barzal thinking he belongs in GQ....

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
This post season:

Matt Martin
- 22 games played, 234 mins, 5 goals 5v5

Auston Matthews, John Tavares, William Nylander, Mitch Marner combined
- 20 games played, ~360 mins, 2 goals 5v5
Don't forget Barzal, who Martin has more EV goals than too.

Guess that means Lou should ship the soft perimeter player out of town in favour of Komarov (3m), Martin (2.5m), Ladd (5.5m), Pageau (5m), Clutterbuck (3.5m). What a cap genius Lou is.

"It's always about the Leafs"

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Was gonna say I'm a little shocked Brown 2012 isn't on there but I guess they didn't play enough games, heh. He ended with "only" 93 hits in 20 games. Was an interesting career at his peak, I think the milestone was 20 goals and 200 hits and only him and Ovy were regularly hitting it (andrew ladd did a few times too).

Real good company for Martin, very much a Kyle Clifford depth type who goes hard but you can't just ignore his ability to pop a few in during the hard games of the playoffs, shows hes producing goals at a level of top power wingers.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
But Martin, Clusterf*ck, and Cizikas can be traded. Although they’re all overpaid they’re all desirable to an NHL team.

Martin is UFA. Cizikas has 1 year left and Clutterbuck 2. I guess you get that way when you pay 3 guys almost 34 mil and have no defense or goaltending +++++ can't get out of the 1st round. I would assume, you would be a tad bit butthurt.

Last edited:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Martin is UFA. Cizikas has 1 year left and Clutterbuck 2. I guess you get that way when you pay 3 guys almost 34 mil and have no defense or goaltending +++++ can't get out of the 1st round. I would assume, you would be a tad bit butthurt.

I wasn’t gonna go look up their contract status but you do get my point. Make each of them get 750K-1M, and Lou’s phone won’t be able to keep up. Even if they’re overpaid now, “deeper” (as in teams expected to be in the conference finals or SCF) teams are more than likely calling about those guys.

As much as that sounds like a shot against the Isles coming from a Sabres fan, it’s really not one. I’m sure you can agree they’re not Tampa or Boston or the Pens or Caps (expected ECF teams).

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

$2.5mx4 is actually pretty expensive for a goon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad