News Article: Cooke hatefest

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 45m
The Penguins have clinched No. 1 overall in the East. Why would they play Matt Cooke here tomorrow? #Sens

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 24m
Tend to agree with @SunGarrioch : It would be a wise move for the Pens to sit Matt Cooke tomorrow vs OTT. They've clinched; can rest guys.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
If we would have handled business against the Leafs this year and even gone .500 against them we would be in the playoffs now and be able to go after Cooke however the team wanted... But because we didnt... We cant and wont...

Garrioch and other media members reporting that there is a good chance Cooke wont even play now that they are the #1 seed... I dont blame them either...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I still can't believe they nominated Cooke.

No kidding. And knowing how dirty this league is and how Mario has Bettman in his pocket, the little slimeball will probably win it, too.

But hey, let's make sure the Sens are classy and bend over in a respectful manner and proclaim "thank you sir, may I have another!" the next time a dirty player takes out one of our guys. :shakehead

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Matt Cooke is a piece of ****, Pens fans on here aren't much better. He'll continue to get his, as he did when Evander Kane knocked him out cold.

Poster sounds hilarious!

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
The RSU if full of clowns and ignorant ass holes. Check out what a member said last night:

"I hope Bob Cole just gets cancer already and dies. Good LORD could you be more ****ing biased you sick old ****. EAT A FAT DICK AND DIE ALREADY"

and this "HateFest" makes them look like a complete joke. They're making Sens fan look foolish.

Last edited:

slapshot12phil

Dec 18, 2010
If Matt Cooke doesn't play he will be the biggest ***** in the league. Kassian will get a 5 minute penalty for taking care of that plug.

And the penguins will be without Malkin, Crosby, Letang, Neal no reason to be that scared of their powerplay, especially with how great our PK has been.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Even if Matt Cooke plays, he isn't going to fight anyone?

Why would he step up against Kassian or Neil or even Smith? What good does it to him?

Oh, so "we" go after him like Carkner did to Boyle last year.

Ya. That was amazing. Turned that series around and we almost beat the number 1 seed to advance with a line-up that was predicted to draft Yakupov.

Physical intimidation wins hockey games. I'm serious. Sending a message like that rattles peoples minds. Both the fanbase and the team. At the same time it provides a huge boost to the Ottawa Senators.

I get goosebumps when I watch they replays of Carkner pounding Boyle last year.

Accident, purposeful, doesn't matter. You injure a player in a reckless play you have to answer for it. Cowen had to fight twice in one game for a normal clean hit FFS.

Someone dig up the Penguins posts from the Crosby-Steckle incident. I'm sure there is a lot more whining coming from them around that time. The NHL changed the rules because of that incident, but Ottawa is blowing things out of proportion?

Hattrick Swayzie*

what is the point of this forum if your posts just get deleted right after posting them?

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
what is the point of this forum if your posts just get deleted right after posting them?
Do they get deleted if you follow the rules?

Letang looked beastly at times vs Boston yesterday. I have faith in Anderson (though Lehner is a good trump card if we ever need it)

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
The amount of people who actually believe that Cooke cut him on purpose is simply mind boggling. It was a complete accident. Seriously, grow up get over it!

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
The amount of people who actually believe that Cooke cut him on purpose is simply mind boggling. It was a complete accident. Seriously, grow up get over it!
No one has any proof. That's what Melnyk's investigation team is trying to find out. IIRC Melnyk said a few days ago we should know in a few months.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

I think the issue is that people have a hard time grasping what purpose is. Cooke purposely drove his leg down. He was purposely engaged with Karlsson.

Did he purposely try and cut his tendon to 70%? Of course not, don't be ridiculous.

Was Todd Bertuzzi purposely trying to fracture Moore's vertebrate? NO! What he did do was purposely punch him from behind = the injury was on 'purpose'.

The way some people talk it's as if someone has shot someone and the murderer says, "oh I didn't purposely shoot him in the brain." It doesn't matter, you still shot him.

Stop playing word games and look at this from a critical point of view.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Do you have proof it was an accident?
Pseudo proof appealing to authority (hockey analyst) and appealing to the people. Not real scientific proof. Even science doesn't try to prove anything though ;)

Melnyk is out of his mind and I love it. What I would love for is for all of it be fake and Melnyk simply playing a joke. It would be a nice troll.

TristanH

Apr 22, 2012
Ottawa
Have you ever seen the list of people Cooke has injured? On purpose or not.. fact of the matter is this guy seems to be pretty damn good at knocking out top end players..... is that just pure coincidence? I don't think so... this is the type of player you need to keep your eyes on because he doesn't have the respect for others in the league.

Did he intend on cutting his achilles tendon. No. Does he play a style of hockey that makes other players at the risk of getting badly hurt. Absolutely.

TristanH

Apr 22, 2012
Ottawa
Amen.

I think the issue is that people have a hard time grasping what purpose is. Cooke purposely drove his leg down. He was purposely engaged with Karlsson.

Did he purposely try and cut his tendon to 70%? Of course not, don't be ridiculous.

Was Todd Bertuzzi purposely trying to fracture Moore's vertebrate? NO! What he did do was purposely punch him from behind = the injury was on 'purpose'.

The way some people talk it's as if someone has shot someone and the murderer says, "oh I didn't purposely shoot him in the brain." It doesn't matter, you still shot him.

Stop playing word games and look at this from a critical point of view.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
No kidding. And knowing how dirty this league is and how Mario has Bettman in his pocket, the little slimeball will probably win it, too.

But hey, let's make sure the Sens are classy and bend over in a respectful manner and proclaim "thank you sir, may I have another!" the next time a dirty player takes out one of our guys. :shakehead

:facepalm:

It has already been awarded to Pacioretty in June.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad