Rumor: Contract talks between Gallagher and the Habs break down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Paying 13 million for Anderson and Gallagher would be a disaster seeing the young players coming off elc's in that time.

Gallagher absolutely deserves 6.5++ in light of Anderson's deal.

Tldr, Bergy screwed up big time.

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
Paying 13 million for Anderson and Gallagher would be a disaster seeing the young players coming off elc's in that time.

6.5 for Gallagher isn't that bad. We'll see if Anderson's deal was worth it or not within 2-3 years

It's too early to say he screwed up. IIRC, Berg had 1-2 days left prior to Andersson being susceptible for offer sheets. He also couldn't approach UFAs without knowing how much cap he had left..

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Gallagher's comp would be Chris Kreider's contract in my view, which is 7 years at AAV $6.5M. That is pre-Covid, but I still think thats the best contract with which to compare.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
For the sake of Habs fans, I hope that Anderson's contract doesn't have the same type of ripple effect on your RFAs that Tavares' contract had on ours.

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Outside of Draisaitl and McDavid obviously, what would the Habs want from the Oilers? Gally would be a dream on McWing, and I bet he'd take a bit less than market value to sign in his hometown long-term.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I hope Habs and Gallagher will get things figured out but I don’t expect it to get done before next June.

His next contract will be his most important contract of his career. It’s normal that his going to fight for a wage he believes he deservers.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

The thing is, Montreal has 2 guys coming off ELC that are worth while. Suzuki (will likely get 4-6M depending on how well he progresses) and Kotkaniemi (had horrible season and needs to break 50 points if we are going to see any significant contract).

IF Kotkaniemi and Suzuki play so well they need 5+M raises, Montreal would be a really good team. They also have Allen making 4.3M coming off books and few other UFAs. There's a lot of cap to work with next season believe it or not. Even if Gallagher gets 6.5M and Danault gets 5M.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I have no problem dealing him... You know he'll get more than he is worth in a trade because of "what he brings to the room".

Anderson/Toffoli/Armia and Claufield next year..

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
In the past sure

But their 2 best players in the playoffs were Kotka& Suzuki and top prospect is goal scoring Rw.
Add Toffoli and Anderson

They aren’t desperate to give an anchor contract to Gallagher

This is how I see it, and how I hope Bergevin sees it as well.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
BC213310-5FE2-49B3-A4D7-2135D493A236.jpeg

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Gallagher's contract is still a season away from being due, I'm not worried about things being unresolved now.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Outside of Draisaitl and McDavid obviously, what would the Habs want from the Oilers? Gally would be a dream on McWing, and I bet he'd take a bit less than market value to sign in his hometown long-term.

Considering Gallagher has a cap hit of just 3.75 mil, has a base salary of just 1 mil and Montreal doesn't have to move him, probably something substantial.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Gallagher is my favorite Habs, with Price and Suzuki.

With that said, we can't loose him for nothing. It can't happen.

I'd rather trade him to get max value at the deadline.

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
Is a deal around Jesse Puljujärvi + a pick for Gallagher realistic or ridiculous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad