Post-Game Talk: Continued afterglow of win in LA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
So is the curve more or less pronounced than before? Would be interesting to know?

ooks pretty close to Joes actual curve. Actually the First Gen Synergy there looks to have more of a hook than the pic below.

Joe_Sakic_77913477.jpg

Matt talks curves and stick at 6:00

Matts curve in 2010-2011 had a pretty legit hook.

Pro stock pic of his curve in 2010

2e6an3s.jpg

paul-stastny-matt-duchene-2011-1-19-0-10-11.jpg

92839880.jpg.30065_display_image.jpg

Matts Curve this year. Hard to tell kinda but it doesnt look to be the old heel to toe

Matt+Duchene+Ottawa+Senators+v+Colorado+Avalanche+uT3NBi1Kusel.jpg

Might not be the best pics but you can kinda tell that Matts curve these days is much different then the one he had out of junior. Also as a bonus for lulz check out Ryan O'Reillys curve haha

img_2112_800x600_2_zps07aeb55c.jpg

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...o-ryan-oreillys-stick-blade-is-pretty-unusual

No idea how he uses that. Reminds me a bit of John Leclairs curve in that its ugly looking.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If Mikko doesn't come up after the break I'll be sorely disappointed. Dude clearly is ready for the big show.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Maybe the leafs need to trade rosters with the AHL team then

That's kinda the plan

We'll see how much the Leafs sell their garbage comes to fruition.

Dater has been better now that it feels like he's doing things because he wants to and not because he has to. Still, there are a few moments but on a whole he's been a lot better.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
Hopefully the allstar break gives us some time for our players to be away from one another and the flu to pass through our team.

EJ hasn't looked himself when he's sick, and we really need him.

Dunno if EJ has the same stuff I do but I have had zero motivation, been delirious most of each day, and well yeah just those two things won't help a #1 dman. Hopefully nobody else gets sick on the team.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Dunno if EJ has the same stuff I do but I have had zero motivation, been delirious most of each day, and well yeah just those two things won't help a #1 dman. Hopefully nobody else gets sick on the team.

Yeah I've had the flu since Monday and I cannot imagine playing an NHL hockey game with #1D responsibilities. I could barely play a game of NHL16 without being distracted by my physical state

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Holden seems to have better confidence... its the chicken and egg thing, does his better play allow for the better Confidence or ...

I think it is a cycle, they influence each other but now we know a guy with a good attitude succeeds under Roy.... given he has some level of skill.

Well, how about the nhl handing out game suspensions for non attendance? yep and it actually helps us this time around,..... Dutchii better go!

And Holden has learned to play physical & hit opponents with regularity. That makes a big difference in his current game. After he put up surprisingly good offensive numbers during his first season here, I honestly believe he began to view himself as a talented D-man who had offensive panache. We see where that led in season 2---when he was atrocious. He's simplified his game this season and has learned to play more within his limitations. He's not an overly good player by any stretch, but he can at least hold his own out there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad